TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Backyard Rides

Have any of you all ever tried to make a homemade roller coaster or other amusement park ride?

If so, please post pictures!

Also, if any of you know of any homemade roller coasters, log flumes, ect. that exist out there, please let me know!

I am thinking of building a roller coaster or log flume in my backyard, and I wanted to see what anybody else out there might have done.

Thanks!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have any of you all ever tried to make a homemade roller coaster or other amusement park ride?

If so, please post pictures!

Also, if any of you know of any homemade roller coasters, log flumes, ect. that exist out there, please let me know!

I am thinking of building a roller coaster or log flume in my backyard, and I wanted to see what anybody else out there might have done.

Thanks!

I moved your post into an existing thread on the topic

I created a mini backyard skycoaster when I was in high school, because I was lucky enough to have a few tall trees in just the right place. My friends and I rigged up a quad block and tackle system to hoist "flyers" up, and then combined a backwards rock climbing harness and some belts as shoulder straps to connect people to the main swing line. Finally, we used a double highwayman's hitch on a nylon cord for the release.

Lots of fun, glad nobody got hurt, and thankful for parents that let me do crazy things.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

No one's responded to this thread in a while! Anyways, I had the pleasure of assisting Magitecture (the ones who built that Materhorn Bobsleds BYRC last year) on their latest backyard coaster adventure, Little Thunder Mountain! I designed and programmed the control system for them, as well as helping get everything started up this past August! Below are the videos featuring the ride and I am currently working with them on a video about how the control system works. The ride is currently up for sale, less lift and launch components due to liability, since the location the ride is at now is going to be up for sale by the end of the year. Not sure how much they want for it, but I'm sure it's not cheap! Anyways, I give you "The greatest backyard roller coaster ever built!

On 9/29/2021 at 12:54 PM, grsupercity said:

I believe that same guy built a backyard alpine bobsleds coaster?

Yep, Sean and his brother Michael, along with some friends, built the backyard Matterhorn and this is their second coaster.