TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Any news or rumors about whats repacing screaming swings? Screamscape has nothing. Maybe there's an announcement soon for 2016 plans

I know, but it's still secret because details are being decided. I will say that... based on what I know so far, it seems like a huge waste of money.

^Awww Chris, with all due respect, I would disagree. The Boardwalk, TMLR & CMT referbs were money well spent. I haven't been on Iron Reef yet, but I think it is just what Knott's Kneeded, and judging by the GP response, I would say money well spent there too. Just cause it's Knott what we want, doesn't mean it's Knot what Knott's Kneeds.

Oh, duh, youre right. I love the new boardwalk area, I just really dislike Iron Reef. I should have said that I really only meant that ride.

Also, I have no insider info on the rides performance, but on a pack night at knott's, when EVERYTHING has very long lines, Iron Reef had a 5 minute wait... And the ride isn't holding up well. A bunch of the ride vehicles are showing a lot of wear already. Most notable thing is the ride ops have to shove the sliding front of the car to get it to close, and that bends the whole thing in. As well, 2 of 4 guns worked on our individual ride.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

^^I still don't understand your hatred of Iron Reef. It's a really awesome dark ride for a regional theme park.

I guess it's cause the Mine ride and Log ride set a standard that for me, this ride does not meet.

And its not that Knott's is incapable of making a great dark ride, I really think it comes down to money. I don't think they got enough money to demo the old rides, rehab the building and then still install a new ride up there. I dont hate it, I had a good time during Haunt on it. I was just hoping for a ride the mimic-ed the other dark rides in terms of execution.

I think the most impressive part of Iron Reef is the scenery work that was all done in house by Knott's. I wish the rest of the story telling experience of the ride measured up to it.

Overall it's fine, but it's definitely an "only if the line is short" kind of ride for me.

^^I still don't understand your hatred of Iron Reef. It's a really awesome dark ride for a regional theme park.

Yeah, after riding it a couple of times at WCB, I don't understand the hate for Iron Reef, either. I'd love to see Kings Dominion get something like it.

I honestly enjoyed all the Sally off the shelf shooting dark rides I've been on way more than Iron Reef. I felt like Iron Reef was a very cheap attempt at Cedar Fair trying to be high tech.

2016 Knotts Berry Farm Announcement!

In 2016, Knott's Berry Farm’s Ghost Town will celebrate its 75th anniversary with two major offerings next summer. Additionally, a complete restoration of Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant is underway and will re-open in spring 2016.

Highlights coming to Ghost Town in summer 2016:

- The centerpiece of the summer 2016 celebration is the interactive entertainment experience, Ghost Town Alive!, which immerses guests in new stories and adventures in the familiar town of Calico

- Ghost Town Alive! will allow guests young and young at heart to live the west through inventive new ways to interact with characters and environments as each day, a different story will unfold throughout all of Ghost Town

- Guests play an active role in shaping the events of the day

- Construction is underway on a new Calico Stage, which will open across the train tracks from its current location, in the area Screamin’ Swing formerly occupied. The stage, themed after an old abandoned mine, will feature an all-new show for summer 2016.

- The west is about to get even wilder when GhostRider, the longest, fastest and tallest wooden rollercoaster on the West Coast, returns from its nine month restoration with all new trains that will gallop along over 4,500 feet of new wooden track

- Since September 2015, work has been in progress to completely restore and preserve this classic wooden rollercoaster. The project is a partnership with Great Coasters International and includes re-profiling and a complete wooden re-tracking of the entire 4,533 ft. long track.

- All of the coasters trains will be replaced with new state of the art Millennium Flyer trains designed to look like mining cars, each with gold, silver, or copper accents. As part of the construction, the mid-course brake run will be removed, allowing riders to enjoy a relentless, ride from the moment the train descends the first 108 ft. drop to the moment it returns to the station’s new, smooth magnetic brake run.

Complete refurbishment of Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant:

- The restaurant will close on January 4 the grand re-opening in spring 2016

- The project will refresh and preserve the original “tea room” dining room and bring cosmetic and thematic upgrades throughout the restaurant’s other dining areas

o Throughout the restaurant’s four main dining rooms and two banquet rooms, all furniture, flooring, lighting, and décor will be renovated

o The large dining room to the right of the main entrance will be remodeled with a look inspired by Mrs. Knott’s kitchen pantry, as the room will be adorned with a potbelly stove and nods to Cordelia’s home kitchen, evoking themes of warmth, family, and togetherness

o The main dining room accessible from the courtyard entrance will be divided into two smaller dining rooms, with a theme inspired by farmhouse motifs

o For the first time, a new outdoor seating area on the restaurant’s north side will allow guests to dine al fresco with beautiful and unique views of the MarketPlace fountain, the theme park’s Ghost Town, and the newly restored GhostRider roller coaster

- The restaurant will feature a new, welcoming lobby area, where diners who provide a cell phone number will be sent a text message when their table is ready, allowing more time and flexibility to explore the Knott’s MarketPlace or to grab a drink around the restaurant’s new full service bar, which will replace the restaurant’s Garden Room.

426323060_KnottsGhostTown75thLogo.thumb.jpg.4dcca82f33fb53ff2d1eaf2f8ee3cb56.jpg

684754900_GhostTownMarshallandCowboys.thumb.jpg.a8f48dbae3809ff7575d0ccff8b19c50.jpg

957421340_GhostTown_FamedWaterPump.thumb.jpg.ebb165fae752a767f147afa92c89d7a2.jpg

725781184_GhostTown_FamilyonMainStreet.thumb.jpg.83755283573ac3567428c659218a146b.jpg

732402243_GhostTown_MainStreet.thumb.jpg.3d826d7d2dbf13ea9c4354c9614c0023.jpg

2095874258_GhostTown_Marshall.thumb.jpg.88dcf8cb4806e981ab0388adce786bed.jpg

568995389_GhostRiderMFTrainRender1.thumb.jpg.29ded9df0715c29e4f58cb406ea2f153.jpg

773617332_GhostRiderMFTrainRender2.thumb.jpg.711461ebe6dd69a03d59b656cbfbafd7.jpg

2140671251_GhostRiderMFTrainRender3.thumb.jpg.e4d7a91f6d814980a1563fcb39e5ae5a.jpg

1277097376_GhostRiderMFTrainRender4.thumb.jpg.1c3242f4a6bb99706b0fd53c048d9d0b.jpg

372819928_GhostRiderMFTrainRender5.thumb.jpg.6c1f8ee5f247bfc77a99b4d8b96ba939.jpg

1473886703_KnottsGhostTownCalicoStage_Rendering.thumb.jpg.17256de4609fdf1dc32d023a20528fa3.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Now that the announcement is out of the way - I just really REALLY hope that they are doing something very different to Ghostrider than what they did to Gwazi and Wildcat, because both of those rides were back to being rough as hell 6 months after they re-opened, only for Gwazi to be permanently closed 2 years later. At least Boulderdash is still running well, which interestingly enough still runs the PTC trains.

Crossing fingers this works out because I'd really like to see Ghostrider return to being the ride it once was, and more than a short-term amount of time.

Edited by robbalvey

The difference between Gwazi, Wildcat and this should be the level of "retrack." I think GCI retracked a few layers of Gwazi, but the whole track was damaged, so it didn't completely solve the problem. From the pictures I've seen, GhostRiders renovation looks much more extensive than either of those, so I have very high hopes that it will be top quality again!

And yay for no mid course! (KBF knew exactly who was reading the PR when they wrote that! ) we may be seeing the strongest airtime on a "GCI" yet!

When they say the MCBR will be removed, I assume they mean turned off, since it needs to still be there to run 3 trains.

But this is GREAT news! Can't wait to ride it.

I can't even remember the last time I saw 3 trains running on GhostRider.

When they say the MCBR will be removed, I assume they mean turned off, since it needs to still be there to run 3 trains.

But this is GREAT news! Can't wait to ride it.

They haven't said that 3 trains will be ran have they?

I can't even remember the last time I saw 3 trains running on GhostRider.

Opening year.