TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walygator Parc Discussion Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Good news, everyone!

The Monster is finally getting a station building and a paintjob!

It will be themed to pirates (which will be a new land for the park) and it's rumored to be painted light-brown.

12190077_568126486676185_5272376009146728421_n.jpg.1cb3a50fde3718cc85153d55960d1d8e.jpg

Looks great! And it only took 6 seasons!

In other news, Anaconda will be further refurbished, and will also become part of the new pirate zone.

Some more artwork:

12196264_1063656643673792_8673771393375609765_n.thumb.jpg.c140a5416050e10b6774104b3fcbf0d7.jpg

12189495_568148203340680_1238103924715649181_o.thumb.jpg.e7e20d59e46b6900408bc6e848966654.jpg

source: Waly.biz

Re: Anaconda RMC'ed.

Thanks for getting me all excited

You're welcome. (yeah, that unnoficial layout was made by me. I written down that it was fan-made, but many people believed it.

As for the pirate scenery, that great news! I don't really see the connection between pirates and Inverted coaster, but we'll see, maybe they have something in mind. Anyway, it's far better that what is it currently, so I'll take that!

• 3 years later...

Crazy.. No post here since almost four years!

We'll go to the park in late July as we will be in the nearby zoo.

We surely wouldn't do the park alone, but ride Raptor without having to fly 18 hours? Yes, please!

Any useful tips for our visit? Not too many good words here except of Monster..

We surely wouldn't do the park alone, but ride Raptor without having to fly 18 hours? Yes, please!

I was there about a month ago, it wasn't crowded at all. The park barely gets any visitors these days even though it's quite large. The park has 4 coasters, of which two are of the bigger sort. Monster is the main reason to go there, the other rides are nothing special. Anaconda is less rough then a few years back since they retracked large parts of it. It's still a bit on the boring side though. The park show is long (45 minutes) and quite fun to watch even if you don't speak french.

Other than that there is not much to say. All basic rides are there, they are trying to make it all look good, but it looks like they simply don't have the visitor numbers to really do much.

I was there about a month ago, it wasn't crowded at all. The park barely gets any visitors these days even though it's quite large. The park has 4 coasters, of which two are of the bigger sort. Monster is the main reason to go there, the other rides are nothing special. Anaconda is less rough then a few years back since they retracked large parts of it. It's still a bit on the boring side though. The park show is long (45 minutes) and quite fun to watch even if you don't speak french.

Other than that there is not much to say. All basic rides are there, they are trying to make it all look good, but it looks like they simply don't have the visitor numbers to really do much.

Thanks, sounds alright and exactly what we expect. Seriously, if the flats are doing their job and I have the oppourtunity to have numerous rerides in the front left seat of Raptor-Monster and show my brother and my neice the awesomeness of a 90's stlye B&M invert, I'm fine. I just hope it runs and it runs fine.

• 1 month later...

I was last week, on friday, in the park. It was 38°C hot, but some people were there. Compared to Phantasialand or Europapark, whose are only several hours away, this park is on a level way below. The theming is more typical Six flags level. Some parts are ok themed (the wild west part) and others look like they are abandonned. The Monster is an awesome coaster, there was the whole day no waiting line, I rode it 7x that day. Its a pretty intense B&M inverted. The other attractions had no waiting lines too, even though the park was not empty. The ride operators, were very comfortable and took their time (but they are very friendly and funny), sometimes dispatch took 5min until the train left the station. They usually wait until there are enough people on the train and often wait when they see you coming towards the coaster. The Anaconda coaster is a bit rough but fun to ride. The design is a bit questionable, almost all hills after the first drop have antirollbacks and the train barely makes it over the top and the two curbes at the end are very bumpy. The old Vekoma, Comet is not that bad as many say. Its a bit rough but not so rough that its not fun anymore. The river rapids, with at least some theming (dinosaur theming) was nice but there was no major thrill moment or drop.

The park is perfect for locals, like me who, suddenly like to ride some coasters. Its a 1h drive for me and after max. 3h in the Park youre done. For kids it might be a bit more fun, because of the many tamer rides.

Photo Trip Report - Park visit 08/01/2019

On Thursday, August 1st 2019, we went to our very first trip ever to Walygator Parc. The main reason we chose this park was the Raptor clone, former Oroshi, now called Monster. We were at the nearby Zoo d'Amnéville the day before. If you want to do that doubleheader, it's a very cool two day trip we can truly recommend. There are a lot of cheap, clean hotels in the surrounding towns.

We went with six adults and our 15 month old boy, so we took a relaxing day and were there the whole day. The park is the perfect middle sized park like Knoebel's, Holiday Park or others which is easily doable in one day. The park is nice, but not beautiful. Many areas could profit of some TLC. On a lot of the rides some vehicles are broken or just damaged. Anaconda was just bad in every way. On the positive side, there are a lot of areas to relax with lots of shadow. Food is really expensive, but that is expectable because dining in France is expensive and parks are always even more expensive. But you can bring your own food an beverages with you.

We had bought our tickets online, where you get four tickets for a total of 92,-- €, which is a great deal compared to Holiday Park, which has a similar size and only two coasters (35,50 € per person). They didn't accept our Club TPR cards (we didn't expect that anyway).

All in all, the park is not worth a trip for only visiting the park. But if you are around Metz and want to have a fun day, you're right there. Then Monster will be worth the entrance fee alone.

What was really bad were the operations. Every ride is understaffed and the staff is incredibly slow. One example: On Monster only one train was running. The station was always empty, but the line on the stairs always full. When the train came in, they first cleared train and platform. Only then the greeter (which is also the right side OP) will send the people in line to the air gates. Not before all gates are staffed with riders, they will open them to seat them and finally send the train out.

As soon as the train is out, they could fill the air gate lines again, but they don't do that. They'll be waiting until the train is back and empty again. This was identical at all rides at all times of the day, so it seems to be park policy. That's just umcomfortable and inefficient.

The rides:

Waly Boat: A very long boat ride (~ 20 minutes) on the central lake of the park. You'll be cruising around displays of Waly (the parks mascot) in different countries. Perfect suit for a park like this. Paul loved the different displays. Some spots weren't occupied and some could be repainted - here is some room for improvement.

Caribbean Boat: Not my kind of ride as I hate backwards sections. It is also one of these versions where the ship only goes 45 degrees for the back row (instead of 90 degrees at Holiday Park). But it ran a long cycle.

Family Coaster: A random Wacky Worm for the smallest coaster enthusiasts. Runs two laps. Would be a good addition for some german parks.

Monster: For sure the best ride in town! It's 99% the identical layout as Cedar Point's Raptor. I had some issues if I would enjoy it, because two years ago I truly loved Raptor and feared that it could be not as good. But it was just as awesome and amazing as the original. It ran like hell, mostly in the evening after a day full of sun. I had around six or seven rides, all but one in the front row. Only once I ignored my own rule (only front row with inverted coasters) and it was horrible, so I returned to the front. Like Raptor, the front left seat is the sweet spot on this coaster. The lack of a MCBR makes the second half relentless. This is also because they try to send out only full trains, so the general speed is always amazing. In the end, the last curve to the left after the helix is somehow different to Raptor, so the "Raptor Snap" is just not there. The transition to the final break run is - as the rest of the coaster - butter smooth. It is easily one of the best coasters in central europe. I'm curious if I like it even better then Expedition GeForce when I reride that the next time.

The coaster was only running the yellow train. The red train was sitting in pieces in its bay and was tarped off and dusty. Didn't look that it will run anytime soon. On the running yellow train, two wheel covers were missing.

What I don't get is the "theming" of this coaster. It is named Monster, it's white with pink, the trains are dark blue with yellow and red, there are sounds and pictures of racing cars, but the soundtrack is the one af the german soccer league.

Krinoline: I don't know how to describe that ride to someone who doesn't know it. You're sitting on a bench and go in circles lika a Himalaya ride. But then, the "vehicle" starts tilting or wobbling. I immediately got motion sick. Nothing for me, never again!

Les Montgolfières: Balloon Ride for smaller children without height restriction. It runs a wild cycle compared to the other balloon ride we did with Paul, so he was a bit scared.

G-Lock: Zamperla Air Race with a good theming. Sarah rode it and was amazed. I skipped it because I needed rehab after Krinoline. One vehicle was completely out of order and tarped off. This ride had the longest line of the wohle day. Next time, I'll try one of these myself.

Space Shoot: A standard S&S space shoot tower with nice looks over the park. Two rides in a row without a line. Well worth it. Best themed ride of the park.

Comet: Standard Vekoma shaking corkscrew. Maybe a good start for younger riders. For us it was a one and done. The ride only has one train. On the last vehicle of the train, the restraints had to be released by hand every time because the mechanism was broken.

Dino Raft: Nicely themed rapid river ride with wetness guarantee. One of the must rides here.

Maison Hantée: It's marketed as a haunted house, but it is a walkthrough attraction with some gags of a mad house, some "scary" animatronics and a live scarer at the end of the house. Very bad and boring. It would be really scary if there were a lot more real people scaring the visitors.

Anaconda: It was down from park opening till 2 pm, so we got our credit in the afternoon. We knew it was voted as one of the worst wooden coasters, but some reviews said that it got some retracking and is better know. I can't believe that. That was, by far, the worst coaster experience I've ever had. I thought that Vekoma Inverted Boomerangs or Zamperla Volare were bad, but in comparison to Anaconda they are a ton of fun. It was bad in every possible way. Seats and restraints were worn out. The preride from station to lift had some real bad jolts. The lift and the first drop were OK. Then came the first hill. We were in the second to last row and the train barely made it over the hill. Now I know why here are anti rollbacks installed. The same can be said for the next two hills. After going by the station, after the headchopper, I hoped for a better second half, but it got even worse. From that point on, the train started shaking, rattling and jolting over and over for the complete second half. It really hurt and I had not wondered if there would have been an advertising for a chiropractic at the end of the ride. After a few seconds of jolting around I remembered Coasterbill's Mean Streak trick (leaning forward, not touching the seat with the back, hold thight to the restraint), but it didn't help.

I really don't know how someone can ride this thing a second time. I never rode the original Mean Streak, but there's no way a Cedar Point coaster could have been that bad. Anaconda does nothing. It is boring, slow, rattles your spines out and the women's tits out of their bras. It's a huge pile of firewood. If someone would tear it down and slap every visitor on the head with the wood, it would be used better than it is now.

I don't think that retracking is reasonable in any way because even if it was smooth, it would be so damn boring.

La Rivière Sauvage: A small log flume with tires under the boats, because the water in the concrete tray isn't high enough to let the boats swim. One of the better rides at the park.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed our trip report. Here are some photos of our tour:

1.thumb.jpg.ddd4bf3fea90a0511ac75a2b5f156a50.jpg

Central lake where the Waly Boat ride is placed

10.thumb.jpg.74f8e2daa3d2acc5b3ff225c90d8ed63.jpg

G-Lock

13.thumb.jpg.a60d5d177f929e9af99d3a5bf6a1aa06.jpg

The Haunted House - very boring

14.thumb.jpg.03e54c0effd966ed90788ce22dc57b1d.jpg

One piece of awesomeness - one piece of $h!t

15.thumb.jpg.2d31aaec3f1e479090474156727605fe.jpg

Balloon Race

2.thumb.jpg.f1f29f9dfa42c9ad37db9b7fbe301c99.jpg

This is how they displayed the US on the Waly Boat ride ;)

3.thumb.jpg.b2c4cdf4dc2ee269cd5cd74cf06f6039.jpg

The french Waly Boat display

5.thumb.jpg.547d844535e7dbbfd6e202eb9ad58e3d.jpg

The chute of the log flume

6.thumb.jpg.48fa3cbe8589cf25a06089c15d10af17.jpg

No MCBR - more relentlessness

7.thumb.jpg.4b6e517f925dba077254765671a187c4.jpg

This is how the station looks - no people waiting

9.thumb.jpg.3da7aedac2cbbefebc3039e851ad7f7c.jpg

Complete look over Raptor-Oroshi-Monster

8.thumb.jpg.8b592ef7b1a229e37d01ed4d1d584e9e.jpg

Sad picture: three maintenance bays, only two trains and one of them in pieces

4.thumb.jpg.5d318f0802d26da5daaa4e21521a49b8.jpg

The pirate ship. Almost completely without theming.

11.thumb.jpg.2e35d259bafba4c74a15f1c967ae7301.jpg

The Vekoma - not unrideable, but rattly

12.thumb.jpg.d469953f8bc58970ac056e48b803767f.jpg

The well themed rapid river. Photo taken from a spectators spot under some trees.

Edited by Pedrinho