The Walking Dead

gisco

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^It is only 6 episodes the first season but The Walking Dead premiers the week after Fear ends.

Edit: I was underwhelmed by the first episode of FTWD!

Edited by gisco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really didn't care for the 1st episode too much and the junkie kid character makes me want to punch him in the face.

That being said - it has slowly built up and I'm enjoying it more. I'm just worried that with so few episodes in a first season that requires quite a bit of exposition - that it will not hook enough viewers to get a 2nd season.

What do you guys think?

I really didn't care for the 1st episode too much and the junkie kid character makes me want to punch him in the face.

That being said - it has slowly built up and I'm enjoying it more. I'm just worried that with so few episodes in a first season that requires quite a bit of exposition - that it will not hook enough viewers to get a 2nd season.

What do you guys think?

it was renewed for a 2nd season before they even started filming. . that's why they are taking it so slow

None of the characters are likable, except for the High School kid (I hope we see him again), and I suspect by the end of the "season" (2 more episodes), we'll lose a few more of the main cast thus far (barber's wife, ex-wife of lead guy, and junkie son all have "dead meat" stamped all over them).

My only real problem with the show -- which has since been addressed elsewhere -- is that despite all the issues the main series had with characters of color. . . . for a show set in LA, by the end of Episode 2, ALL THREE Black Characters were dead.

either malicious, or tone-deaf, by the showrunner.

and they have been called to task for it.

but I'm enjoying the show otherwise.

Tried Fear The Walking Dead, just couldn't get into it.

I stopped watching TWD after Season 2 becoming Televised Farmville. I've recently gone back and started watching the show on Netflix. Into Season 4 now. I'm enjoying it, though it's not the greatest thing ever like a lot of people proclaim (I think this show gets a pass some times on criticism because there are zombies in it). I think I'm enjoying it more watching it 3-4 episodes at a time than waiting for it week to week, as they do like to drag out the story some times.

dt

• 2 weeks later...

^ I like binge watching shows like this. I think it makes them a little better when you have an off episode or a plot that takes to long to develop.

The season finally of Fear was the best one yet.

yep, the finale was the best episode of the season by far.

tho it was extremely predictable - from episode 2, I had called which characters were dead meat, and was correct in 2 out of 3 of them. . that's not good writing, if i can see it from that far away.

instead of Liza dying, it should have been Chris. . which would have added to the drama next season, as he'd be torn between his current girlfriend, and his ex -- who would be mourning and need him over the loss of their son together.

but the idea of getting on a boat is a good one, and I'm curious to see where they go with it. So I'll tune back in next year.

The idea of being on a boat is different. I'm sure they will have problems with others that have the same idea. So not only do the have the walkers to contend with but other people with boats.

• 3 weeks later...

VERY surprised this thread has been so quiet.

not only have the 1st 3 episodes of this season been INCREDIBLE -- with non-stop action.

tonight's episode was just *brutal*.

tough to watch in every sense, the conversations had were very meaningful, and tense. .and that death. . .dayum. . .

this show is firing on all cylinders this year.

I thought the second episode of this season might have been the best episode of the show's entire run. But I also though the first one this season was one of the best as well.

Sunday's was also very good, the gut punch at the end notwithstanding. All three are probably in the best 5-10 episodes they've done so far.

The show is at the top of its game right now. It's been a good but rarely great show for 5 years. Here's to hoping Season 6 keeps the "great" going...

I thought the second episode of this season might have been the best episode of the show's entire run. But I also though the first one this season was one of the best as well.

Sunday's was also very good, the gut punch at the end notwithstanding. All three are probably in the best 5-10 episodes they've done so far.

The show is at the top of its game right now. It's been a good but rarely great show for 5 years. Here's to hoping Season 6 keeps the "great" going...

They are going to piss off a LOT of people when they reveal that "death" isn't what we thought and the character escapes.

not only is it implausible, and improbable. .it's IMPOSSIBLE with the 'rules' they set up in the world this show exists in. . . it will be considered a "cheat" to goose folks talking about the show, and it IS going to anger folks.

but yeah. .I don't think ***** is dead. I did after the show. . .but Producers interactions w/ the media over the past week have led me to think it was a fake out.

They are going to piss off a LOT of people when they reveal that "death" isn't what we thought and the character escapes.

not only is it implausible, and improbable. .it's IMPOSSIBLE with the 'rules' they set up in the world this show exists in. . . it will be considered a "cheat" to goose folks talking about the show, and it IS going to anger folks.

but yeah. .I don't think ***** is dead. I did after the show. . .but Producers interactions w/ the media over the past week have led me to think it was a fake out.

I heard this too, and I agree with you completely.

The way that scene was shot, that character surely looked 100% dead (or seconds away). If they play some trick on their audience, it will be a fatal mistake. And just when the show was hitting it's stride. I hope the rumors are wrong. Because if they aren't, I may be done with the show for good...and I won;t be the only one...

Isn't he dead in the comics?

When Rick cut himself, might he lose his hand?

Yes, he's dead in the comics - Negan beats him to death with Lucille (his barbed wire covered bat), in front of the whole group.

most folks believe that Negan will be revealed as the leader of the Wolves in the Television version.

as for Rick's hand.. I think that was just a nod to the comics. The Governor is who chops off Rick's hand in the comics, and the creator (Kirkman) has gone on record for years, saying it was a bad decision on his part. so yeah, I think just a nod to the comics for readers when Rick cut's himself.

• 2 weeks later...
So do you think the Glenn issue will be resolved before the mid season break? Seams like they are sure stretching this out.

Keep in mind, the first 6 episodes have all taken place in one day! (the day they went to lead the herd). . so it seems long, but really isn't.

yeah, I DO think it will be resolved, likely in the last seconds of the episode.

I think he was rescued by Negan's folks, and it will be revealed they have him captive.

Speculation based on COMIC. . .so potential Spoilers below:

Negan's people are called "the Saviors". . and they were basically revealed in Sunday's episode!

The Wolves were established that they do not have guns -- they use knives and blunt objects. So the folks shooting at Sasha, Abe, and Darryl are the Saviors.

more proof? Jeffery Dean Morgan was recently announced as cast. . . as Negan.

but the BIG spoil from last episode? the two survivors that rob Darryl and take off with his bike?

although not named, they are ABSOLUTELY "Dwight' and "Sheryl". . . Dwight is one of Negan's high ranked lieutenants, and is known for his scarred face -- because Negan punishes his folks by holding a hot iron to their faces for infractions.

in the comic, Dwight is scarred because Negan took Sheryl for one of his wives, and he tried to visit her (for sex) and got caught.

the TV version is obviously not going that way. . instead, they apparently are going to have Dwight punished for running away.

proof that the two were Dwight and Sheryl? They stole Darryl's crossbow -- Dwight's signature weapon:

safe_image.php?d=AQB7eSLNJVtqCWgg&w=487&h=487&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.volusion.com%2Fondfq.dtexo%2Fv%2Fvspfiles%2Fphotos%2FMCFWD14070-2.jpg%3F1404876528&sx=0&sy=0&sw=500&sh=500

well. . tho I was wrong on the cliffhanger (guessing we're gonna get some death next week, huh?), but at least i read the signs correctly once the Producers started doing damage control. . about Glenn's fate.

I call BS on the Talking Dead where they only read comments or talked about folks reacting POSITIVELY.

I know a lot of folks who feel manipulated, and feel that the show cheated.