TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I'm especially interested in this strategy. I hope they go int

I'm not particularly thrilled with this potentially getting Millennium Flyers due to the stapling those lap bars are prone to because of their weight, but if it serves the longevity of the coaster I guess that's the lesser of two evils (the other being GhostRider falling into disrepair within a few seasons again).

I can completely agree with this. Wildcat was in my top 5 wooden coasters before Millennium Flyer trains. Now it is one of the most uncomfortable rides for me. I can honestly say that those lap weights are some of the most uncomfortable restraints ever designed. I'd love to see Intamin hyper style restraints on these rides, because GCI does some great work. I just don't like getting punched in the stomach/groin while on a ride.

I am wondering how much this overhaul on GhostRider will be like the work being done by GCI to TImber Wolf. Timber Wolf is going through a multi year re-tracking project. They started with the first drop through the first turnaround this year. The work being done to the ride is extensive including adding new footers and new bents between the old bents that were too far apart and replacing all ledgers to accommodate significant re-profiling. The newly redone portion of the ride is smooth and clearly rides around the track with ease. And that is about all it does. The airtime has been drastically reduced and most of the action has been eliminated. Luckily Timber Wolf ran very fast a lot last season so it gave some crazy rides its last season as the old Timber Wolf.

I guess time will tell with Ghostrider, but if GCI trains are going on it, my guess is the ride will change quite a bit with this project.

I am wondering how much this overhaul on GhostRider will be like the work being done by GCI to TImber Wolf. Timber Wolf is going through a multi year re-tracking project. They started with the first drop through the first turnaround this year. The work being done to the ride is extensive including adding new footers and new bents between the old bents that were too far apart and replacing all ledgers to accommodate significant re-profiling. The newly redone portion of the ride is smooth and clearly rides around the track with ease. And that is about all it does. The airtime has been drastically reduced and most of the action has been eliminated. Luckily Timber Wolf ran very fast a lot last season so it gave some crazy rides its last season as the old Timber Wolf.

I guess time will tell with Ghostrider, but if GCI trains are going on it, my guess is the ride will change quite a bit with this project.

I seriously doubt it. There is track coming off from all over the ride right now, and the project isn't even a full month underway yet.

You can't use the dining plan at Scary Farm. Not for specially ticketed events they said.

I don't get it. SCarowinds is also a specially ticketed event and i was allowed to use it. Guess i'll work my magic (or not) when I get there!

I've always thought Ghostrider was a very good-looking coaster (particularly the station and the area around it). Here's to hoping that it returns to its former glory.

it is, imo also. when i went the other day, besides the entire park being dead, the ghostrider area is basically shut down. so you can really get a look at it without distractions of visitors. it really does have a nice, clean, themed area.

so either it is pretty nice, or i've just spent too much time at SFMM this year and i'm now too easily impressed.

I seriously doubt it. There is track coming off from all over the ride right now, and the project isn't even a full month underway yet.

I wasn't referring to the GhostRider project being like Timber Wolf with its several year re-tracking plan. I am just wondering how much redesigning of GhostRider is taking place, as is the case with Timber Wolf. Timber Wolf has been clearly redesigned as to eliminate most the forces that were its strongest traits and reduce wear and tear on the ride and riders.

Was at haunt for a few hours tonight. Unfortunately the hanging is already getting watered down, as they backed away from a couple jokes that were in the show last weekend.

Like what? Trannysaurus Rex? Cosby "having his way with" everyone?

Also curious to hear what jokes they backed away from. The final Cosby bit was brilliant, so I hope it's not that...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

And honestly, to me that was the one moment this year that I felt showcased the brilliant writing we've come to expect from the hanging.

I also hate that they tease the audience with potentially haning Trump. It makes it so that nobody is excited about hanging the actual victim. They know they can't do trump, despite what the audience wants, so IMO they should never let him get close to the gallows. Just bash him earlier in the show and don't give the audience blue balls.

Since it is no longer in the show, it doesn't matter if it's spoiled:

After a few running gags with Cosby rape jokes throughout the show, one of the hangmen decides they want to hang Cosby towards the end. The other hangmen goes "no no no, you can't do that!" to which they respond "why not? he's a terrible person!" and the joke goes on with the few more "no, trust me...we just can't do it!"

Like the other poster said...vintage hanging satire.

What else was removed from the show?

Since it is no longer in the show, it doesn't matter if it's spoiled:

After a few running gags with Cosby rape jokes throughout the show, one of the hangmen decides they want to hang Cosby towards the end. The other hangmen goes "no no no, you can't do that!" to which they respond "why not? he's a terrible person!" and the joke goes on with the few more "no, trust me...we just can't do it!"

Like the other poster said...vintage hanging satire.

What else was removed from the show?

I don't know. I just caught the tail end of it. I'll be back Friday night to see it again though, so we'll see.

stopped by Knott's earlier to see how Ghostrider is progressing. i made it a little before the guys were going home. looks like most of the focus is near the turn around after the mid course drop. the area where we got to take pics during WCB. a lot of replaced headers and woodwork on top. from what i could tell, didn't look like any re profiling in that area. you could see some areas where the headers were held in place by some massive C Clamps awaiting for holes to be drilled so they could be bolted on.

the drop out of the station and area pretty much looked the same to me. there are a couple piles of wood nearby though. as well as wood obviously where they are working now.

anyway, here are some of the pics i took today.

IMG_4933.thumb.JPG.ae76ef91e553e33d6a44446db5ad92e0.JPG

IMG_4936.thumb.JPG.8c75fb82f78b94f62babc9594bda6f55.JPG

IMG_4938.thumb.JPG.e09d9867f9f178130d0a62599f4b1c9f.JPG

IMG_4939.thumb.JPG.1b6e3f5bde24326882430eaf261eda7a.JPG

IMG_4941.thumb.JPG.fd0287bcaf03380bebedd4910f4957db.JPG

IMG_4942.thumb.JPG.f43e75b3e1ced47266b98c8b2adedc43.JPG

IMG_4943.thumb.JPG.d074ec156b103cc9f79f2ef780689b9b.JPG

IMG_4949.thumb.JPG.3ccf48243b6a7caed0f6dbd744da1dc0.JPG

wood up high waiting to be installed.

IMG_4951.thumb.JPG.ec0caeefe086687601adf5b6e43f6aa6.JPG

fallen header

IMG_4952.thumb.JPG.7ffa4ff917e60cbb4c3dcc0bc8e69a64.JPG

IMG_4959.thumb.JPG.d5cdcff7cd599724218eb2e785b0817e.JPG

towing some wood away. last time i was there, there were dumpsters near the site. they are gone now.

IMG_4978.thumb.JPG.7b32d10746ce2753377b8b95f986dede.JPG

stopped by Knott's again to see what progress has been made. there is a lot of debris under the structure so they are doing a lot of cutting up there. hard to see everything with so much wood in the structure. looks like they are starting to stack some track wood now. last week it was just mainly headers and some initial wood. they added some more stacks out of the station. haven't seen any steel track topper anywhere yet.

so, so far it just seems like a complete retracking except maybe the lift hill. any reprofiling is yet to be seen.

IMG_5059.thumb.JPG.5259127cbb68773e083bd09b742eab9e.JPG

working up top

IMG_5061.thumb.JPG.b39b70704b74a23b5fedeb4b56b1e22c.JPG

IMG_5063.thumb.JPG.bf031372bdddd8a310deb2132987bd4f.JPG

IMG_5075.thumb.JPG.2262928ac2de90f636e375f520361ea7.JPG

return turn on beach blvd.

IMG_5076.thumb.JPG.554df14817e9b6c650fa413d9bc2703d.JPG

got wood?

IMG_5077.thumb.JPG.f155e8fe9ca0941be4dbb21c3cad5dde.JPG

IMG_5082.thumb.JPG.c021aa66ef6bc377941a962b2ad9de90.JPG

don't think anything's different here but just took a pic for comparison later.

IMG_5085.thumb.JPG.76337f5aa090eb35cfa47260a3b6e97c.JPG

IMG_5093.thumb.JPG.2172033e8b5aac527f5759cd93f35182.JPG

more stacks of wood now.

IMG_5099.thumb.JPG.6fd9b06e0260b8a23aa0098bc5fb8ab3.JPG

IMG_5119.thumb.JPG.4510f14e41d95057d8e230f531c35e96.JPG

IMG_5124.thumb.JPG.74e6ffc9f2e4041f97c1cd7d48b7205c.JPG

more stacks of wood

IMG_5126.thumb.JPG.802dd1287199212dace1f182bfc4e152.JPG

IMG_5127.thumb.JPG.16603577739349a963a50681668d2503.JPG

IMG_5133.thumb.JPG.ca3214ad4b0f6347fc6ba8ae9210a1f0.JPG

stacked track wood now starting on return.

IMG_5132.thumb.JPG.dc3559acfc1af2c2d645f2b1b9f14f81.JPG

nothing but dirt still where the swing was.