The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1538: Knott's 100th Anniversary & Bear-y Tales announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlvr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:18 pm

stopped by knott's earlier to see if i could see any RMC cranes or guys in RMC shirts. LOL j/k well, "knott" really. :roll:

anyway, took a bunch of pics for all to see. seems like just about all the track is completely gone. the lift hill track is still there, and half of the pre lift is. the new wood on the pre lift looks like it's the top part of the stack and not the top piece of wood where the steel resides on, fwiw. went in to get a few rides in too. i forgot how dead off season is at knott's. at least i can say i've used my platinum pass twice this year now. WCB and today. :?r sat near a guy marathoning silver bullet listening to him ramble off what number ride it was for the day, over and over and over and over. anyway, here's the pics...

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG

IMG_4822.JPG

IMG_4823.JPG

IMG_4825.JPG

IMG_4830.JPG

IMG_4831.JPG

IMG_4832.JPG

IMG_4833.JPG

IMG_4834.JPG

IMG_4835.JPG

IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4837.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG

IMG_4840.JPG

IMG_4844.JPG

IMG_4848.JPG

IMG_4850.JPG

IMG_4851.JPG

IMG_4855.JPG

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby i<3coasters » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:26 am

Great pics John! Thanks for stopping by =)
- Judd
Tops: Steel Vengeance | Intimidator 305 | Maverick | Skyrush | Wicked Cyclone
Outlaw Run | Voyage | Boulder Dash | Boardwalk Bullet | Millennium Force

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:31 am

Wow! Thanks John! I'll post some of these to our socials later!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:44 am

Hey, has anyone used their pass dining plan at scary farms? I know you can use it at Carowinds during Scarowinds.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:47 pm

i<3coasters wrote:I'm especially interested in this strategy. I hope they go int
I'm not particularly thrilled with this potentially getting Millennium Flyers due to the stapling those lap bars are prone to because of their weight, but if it serves the longevity of the coaster I guess that's the lesser of two evils (the other being GhostRider falling into disrepair within a few seasons again).

I can completely agree with this. Wildcat was in my top 5 wooden coasters before Millennium Flyer trains. Now it is one of the most uncomfortable rides for me. I can honestly say that those lap weights are some of the most uncomfortable restraints ever designed. I'd love to see Intamin hyper style restraints on these rides, because GCI does some great work. I just don't like getting punched in the stomach/groin while on a ride.
Original Maverick '99

I Love Donkeys!

Postby jazma » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:31 pm

You can't use the dining plan at Scary Farm. Not for specially ticketed events they said.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby RailBlazer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:48 pm

I am wondering how much this overhaul on GhostRider will be like the work being done by GCI to TImber Wolf. Timber Wolf is going through a multi year re-tracking project. They started with the first drop through the first turnaround this year. The work being done to the ride is extensive including adding new footers and new bents between the old bents that were too far apart and replacing all ledgers to accommodate significant re-profiling. The newly redone portion of the ride is smooth and clearly rides around the track with ease. And that is about all it does. The airtime has been drastically reduced and most of the action has been eliminated. Luckily Timber Wolf ran very fast a lot last season so it gave some crazy rides its last season as the old Timber Wolf.

I guess time will tell with Ghostrider, but if GCI trains are going on it, my guess is the ride will change quite a bit with this project.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:41 pm

RailBlazer wrote:I am wondering how much this overhaul on GhostRider will be like the work being done by GCI to TImber Wolf. Timber Wolf is going through a multi year re-tracking project. They started with the first drop through the first turnaround this year. The work being done to the ride is extensive including adding new footers and new bents between the old bents that were too far apart and replacing all ledgers to accommodate significant re-profiling. The newly redone portion of the ride is smooth and clearly rides around the track with ease. And that is about all it does. The airtime has been drastically reduced and most of the action has been eliminated. Luckily Timber Wolf ran very fast a lot last season so it gave some crazy rides its last season as the old Timber Wolf.

I guess time will tell with Ghostrider, but if GCI trains are going on it, my guess is the ride will change quite a bit with this project.

I seriously doubt it. There is track coming off from all over the ride right now, and the project isn't even a full month underway yet.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:05 am

I've always thought Ghostrider was a very good-looking coaster (particularly the station and the area around it). Here's to hoping that it returns to its former glory.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:00 pm

cfc wrote:I've always thought Ghostrider was a very good-looking coaster (particularly the station and the area around it). Here's to hoping that it returns to its former glory.

Cheers! =)
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!