Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 274 - All the D23 Epcot Announcements! (There's a LOT!)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:11 pm

You can also view this report on the TPR Park Index: http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=50&linkid=14929

So today was the Epcot Food & Wine Media event and OMG what an absolutely FANTASTIC time! I cannot recommend enough coming out and spending as many days as you can at this event. So much to see, eat, and drink, one day is NOT enough! And if you only have one day, here's our little Pro tip! First off, don't eat for a good 2-3 days before hand! (Ok, not really, but sort of half-joking!) The booths open at 11am - start your "lunch" lap from one side of World Showcase, let's say clockwise first, do a full lap, eat and drink as much as you can! Spend a few hours exploring the ride of the park, and then, when you do your "dinner lap" go the opposite way around, so counter-clockwise this time.

There is so much to do eat and drink that it's hard to finish the lap without getting full, and inevitably, you'll miss stuff. So this is a good way to hit everything! But don't limit yourself to one day! =)

This year's Food & Wine Festival runs September 25 - November 16, 2015. More details here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

Anyway, onto the photos...

This morning we are at the media event for WDW's Epcot Food & Wine festival! So happy to be here at my favorite event at the Orlando parks all year long!

Let's take a look at the Festival Center!

Chef's Showcase in the Festival Center features many different presentations. This one is where you can learn all about beer & cheese! Yum!

The chocolate Frozen display at Ghirardelli is amazing!!! Love it! I want to eat Olaf!

Let's start eating!!!

At Food & Wine you can liquid nitrogen it up this year with some amazing drinks & desserts!

You know what goes awesome with all this food? Beer!

The "Frozen Chew-tini" wins the most delicious new drink of Food & Wine so far!

IMG_4958.JPG
Just a couple of fun-loving Disney fanboys that found their way into the media event!

ADAM!!! ATTACK FOOD!!! OMNOMNOM...

Love the look of all the graphics package that is on the merchandise and park brochures this year! So cool!

IMG_5042.JPG
Jens & Gregg are responsible for most of what gets chosen to serve at the festival. So these guys are responsible for the return of the cheese fondue? For that we thank you!

Some of the T-Shirts available this year!

So awesome to have the Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog back! Get your Craisins!

The food booths in World Showcase are always a beautiful site to see!

New for 2015 Chew Lab & Sustainable Chew home to liquid nitrogen awesomeness & Chew-tini!

2015 marks the triumphant return of the Cheese Fondue to the Food & Wine Festival! It is delicious!

Are you a beer fan? Check out these "beer soaps" right when you enter World Showcase.

The Yuca Souffle from Dominican Republic... Wow! Soooo good!

IMG_5025.JPG
Adam seems pretty happy with the food and wine at Food & Wine!

The Epcot die-hards will recognize the homage to ex-attractions in these signs. What were they?

Beef Bourguignon & Martini Slush from France. Not the "recommended pairing" but we don't care! Still so full of Yum!

"Stumbling Around the World" is a fan-favorite Food & Wine pastime! I think I'm doing that right now!

IMG_5156.JPG
And what do you get in Belgium?

IMG_5162.JPG
Why...waffles, of course! =)

Love how line for Japan is a somewhat organized single-file line. Just like it would be in Japan!

TPR fan Chris celebrating his 30th b-day at Food & Wine today!

It is certainly an Epcot kind of day today!

The Hawaiian Pork Slider! Still my all-time favorite item! Sooooo good! You HAVE to try one of these.

Gonna have two of the three awesome menu items Canada has this year! I'm not a "fish person" so I always like the years when they replace the salmon with the sausage.

Sliders and beer! Always a great combo!

Kielbasa Pierogi? Oh, yes please! Delicious!

The Chase Lounge features complimentary Coke Freestyle and a great place to hang out! You just have to present your Chase card to get in.

Enjoying some delicious Baklava from Morocco.

Time for the David Cook concert! He won the seventh season of American Idol.

Jack & Andy are ready to dive into the Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog!

We are in the Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog! Awesome!!!

Epcot should offer this as an upcharge tour! I'd sign up for a photo op in the bog!

Ocean Spray threw a great party! Cranberry glowy drinks, VR fun, kids book signing! Awesome!

We are continuing to eat our way around the world into the evening!

It's 9:00pm and we are still going strong!

Kristen had a great time finding Remy today!

Straight Outta Food & Wine! Yes!!! Love these shirts by Walt Disney World fans Alex & Terri!

What a great GREAT day at Food & Wine! Hands down my favorite fall Orlando park event! I plan on having many, many return visits while the festival is going on. And we think you should, too!
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:45 am.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:22 pm

I'm now starving from reading this report.

I'd love to get down to Food and Wine sometime. It looks like the best time to visit Epcot! :p
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm

God I love this event! It's been way, way, way, way too long since I've been back. I must remedy that. Unfortunately it falls during my busiest time of the year. Rrrrrrr!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Can't wait to visit next month! Incredible! :lover:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 am

GCI Wooden wrote:I'd love to get down to Food and Wine sometime. It looks like the best time to visit Epcot!

It really is! That part of the park always feels so "empty" when all the food booths go away. :(

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:46 am

Sometimes I wish they would just leave the food booths up year round, you know they would still make a ton of money on them. Maybe the crowds are too large in the summer and the showcase would just be packed beyond belief but it would be worth it.
Last edited by Hilltopper39 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:51 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:50 am

Good to see that the yardbird is back--it was so damn good last year. Looking forward to that and trying some new stuff come November.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:51 am

cfc wrote:Good to see that the yardbird is back--it was so damn good last year. Looking forward to that and trying some new stuff come November.

It's still damn good AND the new Mac & Cheese at that same booth is also amazing!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:04 am

^My anticipation is now doubled!

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:17 am

I want to go to Food & Wine. :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!