Photo TR: Viking86 travels from Scandi to..... Scandi???

Page 2 - Tusenfryd review posted
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Photo TR: Viking86 travels from Scandi to..... Scandi???

Postby StealthFan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:45 pm

cfc wrote:
You can’t visit Tusenfryd without going for a spin on Loopen, the parks Vekoma looping coaster

Oh yes, you can. ;)

Im pretty sure on the last Scandi trip some people had to ride it multiple times due to it repeatedly over shooting the station. I had the pleasure of watching that happen and laughing hysterically.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:12 pm

cfc wrote:
You can’t visit Tusenfryd without going for a spin on Loopen, the parks Vekoma looping coaster

Oh yes, you can. ;)

Agree with Chuck, on my second visit to Tusenfryd it was very easy to skip.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:20 pm

^For me I always have to take at least one ride it on when I visit the park. Not because it's a great ride by any means, but because until Thundercoaster opened in 2001 this was the ONLY major rollercoaster in all of Norway. I remember staring at the ride in awe as a child, too scared to even think about going on it. How things have changed huh.... but yeah, I can of course understand it's easy to skip, but for me the ride holds some sentimental value. Plus I always have fun on it!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Andrewoplis » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Unfortunately, it's not to surprising that Thundercoaster turned out how it did with the Timberliners, mostly because of how Hades 360 ended up turning out. (The general consensus = BAD.) I think the problem with these Timberliners is that they are meant to steer with the track rather then sort of "shuffle over it" that something like a PTC Box would. That's great for newer, twisty rides like Switchback Railroad and Twister that had them in mind. But when you start to run them on an old, beat-up track like this, rather than just "shuffling" over all the little bumps and blemishes like a box would, they're going to actually steer into them, making a section than can already be violent even more so. Don't get me wrong, they are some fine trains, but parks need to start re-tracking these rides when ever they decide to add new trains or else it's just going to end up just as bad or even worst as it already was.

Oh, and I do need to add that this was a really cool TR! Speed Monster is still pretty high on my bucket list as it looks like a fantastic ride!
Hm, I see...

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!