TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! I'm very excited to ride my first RMC next year, and even to have one so "close" to home (hey its only 900 kilometers). Also I haven't been to Gröna Lund since 2011 so that gives me two reasons to visit the eastern parts of Sweden next year.

The new renderings are beautiful, that train looks like a mix between a mine car and Powder Kegs trains. Might we see a new animation soon?

i totally forgot about the animation after seeing these pics. i bet it's near. the SFDK Joker animation is awesome, can't wait to see this one!

Wait, which of those photos are real?

Those renderings do look really nice.

So is it sort of going to have a goliath like drop (with some steel supports)?

Anyway, it's looking great and I can't wait to see it go up.

Sorry to ask if this has been mentioned, but it kinda looks like the supports are pre-fab? Does anyone know has this been announced or does it just look like prefab in that picture? I mean it could very well be a regular old-fashioned woodie.

I'm not saying it would be a good or a bad thing if it's prefab, just curious about the method.

Also: it is sexy and sleeky. This beast is going to be pretty when it's completed!

Sorry to ask if this has been mentioned, but it kinda looks like the supports are pre-fab? Does anyone know has this been announced or does it just look like prefab in that picture? I mean it could very well be a regular old-fashioned woodie.

I'm not saying it would be a good or a bad thing if it's prefab, just curious about the method.

Actually, vertical sections of supports are assembled on the ground, and then lifted up into place in one giant piece. This is a common method for both traditional and hybrid wooden coasters.

Edit: Here you can see them building the supports sections.