TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Some pics from my late August Valleyfair trip (and first-ever time)

Great photos! I love to see VF through the eyes of a tourist. What did you think of the park overall? What was your favorite ride?

My favorite coaster rides were Wild thing, Excalibur and High Roller in that order.

I also enjoyed the Screaming Swing, though the cycle was about 2 swings shorter than CP's. Monster and Supercat were good, too and we also liked the Antique Cars, ferris wheel and Carousel. I've been to many parks, so I have experienced parks of all sizes, but parts of Valleyfair reminded me of Kennywood, whilst others reminded me of Six Flags over Georgia and other parts Hersheypark and a bit of Dorney Park—but I never felt the "Cedar Fair" brand was overkill, even though it's the oldest tied with CP. The biggest noticeable thing were all of the flags everywhere. Flags all over the place, even more than Cedar point.

I posted a "Quick Bits" post a few pages back around the 31st of August, but let me re-copy my thoughts:

- Liked Corkscrew much more than Cedar Points. Very good in the back.

- Love the 70's infrastructure with the Super Cat and Carousel and the chandeliers in the shops and the entrance area

- Loved, Love, Loved Excalibur... glad I was able to experience it... da-dada-daaaaa!

- the dead ends at each end of the park became a bit annoying

- Very sad to miss the train. It was down all day

- Liked Wild thing and High Roller

- Park didn't have the Cedar Fair feel as much, seemed more independent.

- Very disappointed with park merchandise

- No recycle bins (popping up at most cedar fair parks now)

Yes, Xtreme Swing is indeed 2 swing shorter. Apparently people threw up too much or something like that? Also apparently they do set it to 9 swings (7 during normal operation) for associate nights.

The train was supposed to be up this weekend, but I heard the front wheels are in North Carolina or something like that. Riptide was also down this weekend, but for maintenance (no idea what though). I got there Saturday morning and it was totally shut off, like you could walk through the freaking exit gate if you wanted to. Please don't.

In other news, Mad Mouse and Wheel of Fortune, besides ExTC, are closed for the season. Mad Mouse is a butt in cold weather, let alone any weather besides no clouds and above 60 degrees.

I'm thinking we will be in for a surprise. I think its like garyman said...there could have been some sudden news about the permit in the back of the park where they decided to delay the announcement. The flyers are probably a sure thing, but there's a part of me that thinks something else is in the works.

yah i totally agree. it has to be something more if they delayed the announcement.. looks like this will be our year we finally get that B&M invert.or some other B&M .heck at this rate i will be happy if they gave us vortex from carowinds and put floor less trains on it...

Haha, not.

Word from maintenance is that it's a kids ride, so I'm assuming Eagles or another flat. Based on the timing, I'm inclined to believe the delay is all about the amphitheater demo, and the demo giving us a second ride (Boomerang plz???? )

My 5-year hopes:

16: 40th= reduced prices and new flat

17: permit/back work, Excalibur removed, Looping Starship moved to front

18: "final" waterpark expansion (making TC a waterpark ride?)

19: Parking lot/toll gates (field of dreams finally being paved)

20: Dinos gone, front gate redone, Gatekeeper-esque invert

We'll see how the announcement changes things.

I'm thinking we will be in for a surprise. I think its like garyman said...there could have been some sudden news about the permit in the back of the park where they decided to delay the announcement. The flyers are probably a sure thing, but there's a part of me that thinks something else is in the works.

Don't think like that, man! History tends to repeat itself, remember that next time you try getting excited.