TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Today Blackpool Pleasure Beach announced that vertical construction has begun on Red Arrows Sky Force and posted some pictcures to their Facebook page.

10471194_10153222178787365_2965362081584548121_n.thumb.jpg.83788b77c06e407e7efa7ebe0dfa1667.jpg

Vertical construction has begun!

11150401_10153222179227365_7747479624503067876_n.thumb.jpg.bd2c2d328a9a7b3cb1f23bf8f6545947.jpg

Soon these motors will start up and you will lift off in your very own Red Arrow!

11167664_10153222179392365_1883529654016575726_n.thumb.jpg.b791123d0f9c96258a773b4a3b0c8372.jpg

Are you ready to become a pilot?

19624_10153222180072365_6376481073730845409_n.jpg.96d888d13d4c0995352b683b3ff9401d.jpg

Lets hope these aren't ejector seats!

Now the ride has begun to arrive I'm sure the ride will be assembled before we know it! Are you excited to become a Red Arrows pilot this year? Comment below!

So with the ride arriving on site yesterday it is now rising at a rapid pace! The main arm has been installed today so I would think the gondola could be installed as early as tomorrow!

SF_001.thumb.jpg.888aa375e2c53c54c20eef3f52cef693.jpg

SF_002.thumb.jpg.56ea4501d2e33563b697d3c0b80bd352.jpg

SF_003.thumb.jpg.abe0bb96f4a29da71920427df55d4fe4.jpg

All photos taken from Pleasure Beach Facebook.

Also take time to remember that its not just all about the new ride, things such as the queue lines and shop are important too and if you get it wrong you could have the managing director on your back!

119569647_ScreenShot2015-04-21at7_53_06pm.png.a3fb101b841636e710f544cb8aa97fe3.png

• 2 months later...

So reading the paper a couple of days ago it seems one fan of the Pleasure Beach decided to convert one of the parks of Log Flume boats in to a car!

IMG_8560.thumb.jpg.815f91383f3c5af12e6d8d735bc87a51.jpg

Would you like to drive this crazy log flume car or would you rather someone turned an old coaster train in to a car? Comment below and let us know!

• 4 weeks later...

So, they could be going head to head with an Alton Towers Secret Weapon with a big new ride (most likely a coaster), if they are teasing it already then it is likely to be something big.

Last time they went head to head like this we got Nemesis and The Pepsi Max Big One. Could the year Alton Towers finally build a woodie also be the year Blackpool finally build "The Bigger One"?

Alton definitely won in that Nemesis is the best of the 1994 coasters, although I think the Big One has been a big success for BPB and arguably carried the park for the last 20-or-so years. I don't think they would have got away with so few new rides since had it not been for the Big One. As for 2017 it's exciting that they're already starting to promote the ride! I hope this means it will be a large investment rather than the park overhyping a filler attraction.

Blackpool could do with a decent launch coaster, also I would love it if Grand National got an RMC makeover. As RMC have just started making launches it could kill 2 birds with one stone. They could make it similar to Twisted Colossus, but with launched lifts like Lightning Rod.

While Nash could do with some re-tracking I don't think it needs RMC treatment.

A lot has been made about a launched coaster at Pleasure Beach over the years but I would be happy with just a really solid ride like an Intamin Mega-Lite.

I would absolutely love a megalite in the UK but blackpool don't have room for one unless it was a custom layout. I think most likely is either an RMC conversion, or Mack Launch.

I love RMCs, but I'm not so sure about the Grand National getting RMC treatment. I still think it is a great coaster with a great layout and just needs a bit of TLC. I love the idea of riding the National knowing that it has basically been the same layout for something like 80+ years and is still a really exciting coaster.

I would love a Mack coaster of some kind, and I think there's a surprising amount of space in the park thanks to rides like Turtle Chase being removed, plus as the Big One shows, it is easy to have a custom layout go over and under existing rides.

I love RMCs, but I'm not so sure about the Grand National getting RMC treatment. I still think it is a great coaster with a great layout and just needs a bit of TLC. I love the idea of riding the National knowing that it has basically been the same layout for something like 80+ years and is still a really exciting coaster.

I would love a Mack coaster of some kind, and I think there's a surprising amount of space in the park thanks to rides like Turtle Chase being removed, plus as the Big One shows, it is easy to have a custom layout go over and under existing rides.

Yes there is a fair bit of room near infusion, roller coaster and the big one area, certainly enough for a decent sized launch coaster to weave it's way around the existing rides in the area.

• 1 month later...

Wee trip report.

Went on Friday with wife (non coaster fan) and four year old and just under one year old. Weather was great and lines were short. Went on Big One for first time in a while. Still all about the first drop. Also went on Nick Streak which was a big improvement on Rollercoaster imo. Had my first shot on Valhalla. Arguably best dark/wet ride I've been on. But boy do you get wet!!!

The day was mostly about my four year old. Nickelodeonland is great. He rode everything he could in there. Was a bit unsure about the Blue Flyer but went on it again. He also braved his first log flume and the froghopper/mini drop ride. I was very proud of him. He also enjoyed the Wallace and Gromit ride.

Nick Land improves BPB immeasurably. It has brightened up the park no end and is great for young kids. The park still needs some general TLC but is definitely going in the right direction. I had a great day. Even had a wee shot on Ice Blast before I left. Still love it.

see, my dream would be for RMC to do a makeover of the big one... who says it has to be a woodie that they put I-box track on? Imagine the possibilities of RMC using the Big one's structure.... Inverted first drop (world record for highest inversion), actual airtime other than when you hit the MCBR, and lots of twisty RMC goodness!

Would be easy to market too, Faster, steeper, taller, UK's tallest ride....