TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Long time thread lurker, first time poster here. The family and I are going to hit the Halloween Haunt this year, and we were wondering if someone more experienced with park traffic could guess-timate which nights would be the least busy (towards the end of the month, the beginning, etc.), and if, since Halloween falls on a Saturday this year, if it would be a good idea to go that night or not. We've only attended the HH once, a few years back, but we're taking our 8 year old this year for the first time, so would prefer a lower traffic night (she can do scary just fine, but long lines make us all cranky). Thanks!

Beginning, the first weekend or your screwed lol

I bet 100 Euros in the expansion of the water park

We just had one and they rebuilt the splash works entrance... they are done with water parks compare ours to others and it's a damn decent water park... Sorry but based on the news sites with quotes this is another big coaster

there is no proof!only users who hope for a coaster and who are convinced that there will be a coaster.

We just had one and they rebuilt the splash works entrance... they are done with water parks compare ours to others and it's a damn decent water park... Sorry but based on the news sites with quotes this is another big coaster

there is no proof!only users who hope for a coaster and who are convinced that there will be a coaster.

and land clearing... and markers, and a vast area of activity that spans way out of Splash works zone

then ?It could be for all.

However, I would keep that space for a possible expansion of the water park. It does not seem to miss the space in the park to make the coaster

Actually it's the perfect space if you look at the land clearing zones its the perfect layout for an out and back coaster.., now the Kings DOminion thread is in another section lol lol jokes

Cedar Fair puts a coaster every year. or Kings Dominion or canada's wonderland

and therefore more likely to arrive here. fans of Kings Dominion you put your heart at rest XD

Except they built two coasters in 2010, 2013, and arguably 2014. Nobody's mandating they do exactly one per year.

There's a good chance BOTH could be getting a coaster in 2017, just like with the two Intimidators and Gatekeeper/Gold Striker. I actually think an invert is coming to Canadas Wonderland instead, because Cedar Fair knows that Vekoma SLCs suck. As for Kings Dominion, maybe a wingrider of some sort, or a family launcher.

They will never be "done" with splash works. In the past they have made upgrades in back to back years. I know that was under different ownership but it's possible there's more to come soon. And when you say "news sites" are you still referring to last year's article that you've been quoting recently

They will never be "done" with splash works. In the past they have made upgrades in back to back years. I know that was under different ownership but it's possible there's more to come soon. And when you say "news sites" are you still referring to last year's article that you've been quoting recently

It's a valid source, that talks about a multi year redevelopment project and that it's large in scale and if you look at 2008 and recent years you can expect large project. Thats what was said it came from top park officials so it's a valid source to quote...

I'm just happy to have a large park like CW (or any park for that matter) right in my back yard. And for the record, I think the new flats look pretty neat

Just want to second this AND also say I am looking forward to the new flat rides. I have done the flying eagles equivalent at other parks and there is some good fun to be had with the "sail" in order to gain extra height.

What some people forget about CW is how good a park it actually is compared to some in North America.....and how "blase" we can get just because it is there and we are used to it.

I am originally from the UK...and have been to Alton Towers, Thorpe park and Blackpool pleasure beach. None of those have anything like Leviathan or Behemoth (Pepsi big one is the closest). When I get visitors from the UK one of our tourist things to do is take them to CW.....imagine a roller coaster newbie trying Leviathan for the first time...when the biggest thing they have done is something at the local funfair. There usually are some heavily soiled trousers after a ride!

Some of the coaster community seem to forget they are not the only ones who go to theme parks or just because "we" have been on something numerous times or seen it numerous times...does not make it boring in general.

My personal opinion at this time is the CF has done an EXCELLENT job with Wonderland, has turned it into a "returnable" park (I have a seasons pass), has two rides that scare British tourists (Leviathan and Behemoth), has added new attractions each year since purchasing from Paramount and overall seems to "care" about the general "fare" paying public.

I think criticism at this point in time is not really comparable to the actual state of the park itself.

Just my two cents.

I'm just happy to have a large park like CW (or any park for that matter) right in my back yard. And for the record, I think the new flats look pretty neat

Just want to second this AND also say I am looking forward to the new flat rides. I have done the flying eagles equivalent at other parks and there is some good fun to be had with the "sail" in order to gain extra height.

What some people forget about CW is how good a park it actually is compared to some in North America.....and how "blase" we can get just because it is there and we are used to it.

I am originally from the UK...and have been to Alton Towers, Thorpe park and Blackpool pleasure beach. None of those have anything like Leviathan or Behemoth (Pepsi big one is the closest). When I get visitors from the UK one of our tourist things to do is take them to CW.....imagine a roller coaster newbie trying Leviathan for the first time...when the biggest thing they have done is something at the local funfair. There usually are some heavily soiled trousers after a ride!

Some of the coaster community seem to forget they are not the only ones who go to theme parks or just because "we" have been on something numerous times or seen it numerous times...does not make it boring in general.

My personal opinion at this time is the CF has done an EXCELLENT job with Wonderland, has turned it into a "returnable" park (I have a seasons pass), has two rides that scare British tourists (Leviathan and Behemoth), has added new attractions each year since purchasing from Paramount and overall seems to "care" about the general "fare" paying public.

I think criticism at this point in time is not really comparable to the actual state of the park itself.

Just my two cents.

Just my two cents.

Exactly!

And don't forget the SkyHawk!... AKA Windseeker-on-crack-do a barrel-roll edition!

Just my two cents.

Well said. I agree that CF has done a wonderful job with this park. I went during the Paramount days, and it wasn't anywhere near where it is now. CF has added 2 WORLD CLASS coasters and made the park returnable as you said. I'm almost scared to think where this park would be now under Paramount. Obviously not even in the same stratosphere as it is now.

On that key hole element idea over splash work's enterence. My inner RCT3 Scenic side of my came out and thought that they should make it two tall rock like towers with water fall from the top to represent splash works while the wing coaster barrel rolls through the key hole on the inside. Its hard to explain but i think you guys get the point

I'm guessing that when there's an announcement, everyone will complain for its lack of keyhole.

Wait, CW already announced Skyhawk. Is there going to be another one soon?

Reading further back it now makes more sense. CW is so spoiled so I didnt even think about 2017.

It's a valid source, that talks about a multi year redevelopment project and that it's large in scale and if you look at 2008 and recent years you can expect large project. Thats what was said it came from top park officials so it's a valid source to quote...

Dippin dots guy?