TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^^^^Again, it's CF. since when is theming a priority? If you really wanna wait/hope guardian gets completed, you could always prey that Wonderland pulls a Marineland (they took 20 years to eventually finish the theming on Dragon Mountain)

His complaint about WMG is valid. When it comes to dark rides, whether or not it's at a Cedar Fair park, immersiveness is the most important part. A giant black wall with a visible drop track and a bunch of technology out in the open? Not immersive at all. It looks like a warehouse with a coaster running through it.

I mean, for less than what WMG cost, Six Flags got Justice League, which I have ridden and, while I haven't ridden WMG, I'm sure JL blows it out of the water. The queue is immersive enough, the ride looks completed and has a nice balance of physical and digital sets, and it has a nice simulator ending. (BTW, I know most CW visitors will never ride JL, but I just wanted to point out that SF delivered a much better ride than CF did with a smaller budget.)

As for the comments about lack of a coaster: Can you CW fanboys just STFU please? Your whining about not getting a new coaster is annoying. Sorry you can't get a mega coaster every year, and like others have mentioned, lots of CF parks need new coasters more than you do. Be happy with your two new flats, which is the next best thing to a coaster. As far as I know, VF, MiA, and DP haven't announced any new rides yet. Be thankful for getting TWO.

If you haven't ridden guardian how do you know if his complaint is valid or not. As far as "seeing" the drop track goes I've never heard anyone in line saying "hey look at that drop track over there" they just see the door open then the train comes out they see their scores and get off the ride with a big smile on their face cause the drop gets your pulse going

^^^^Again, it's CF. since when is theming a priority? If you really wanna wait/hope guardian gets completed, you could always prey that Wonderland pulls a Marineland (they took 20 years to eventually finish the theming on Dragon Mountain)

His complaint about WMG is valid. When it comes to dark rides, whether or not it's at a Cedar Fair park, immersiveness is the most important part. A giant black wall with a visible drop track and a bunch of technology out in the open? Not immersive at all. It looks like a warehouse with a coaster running through it.

I mean, for less than what WMG cost, Six Flags got Justice League, which I have ridden and, while I haven't ridden WMG, I'm sure JL blows it out of the water. The queue is immersive enough, the ride looks completed and has a nice balance of physical and digital sets, and it has a nice simulator ending. (BTW, I know most CW visitors will never ride JL, but I just wanted to point out that SF delivered a much better ride than CF did with a smaller budget.)

As for the comments about lack of a coaster: Can you CW fanboys just STFU please? Your whining about not getting a new coaster is annoying. Sorry you can't get a mega coaster every year, and like others have mentioned, lots of CF parks need new coasters more than you do. Be happy with your two new flats, which is the next best thing to a coaster. As far as I know, VF, MiA, and DP haven't announced any new rides yet. Be thankful for getting TWO.

If you haven't ridden guardian how do you know if his complaint is valid or not. As far as "seeing" the drop track goes I've never heard anyone in line saying "hey look at that drop track over there" they just see the door open then the train comes out they see their scores and get off the ride with a big smile on their face cause the drop gets your pulse going

Families love the ride, absolutely love the ride. Is it ugly to us comparing it to other dark rides... YES, very ugly. Is it more complex then justice league oh hell yes, more technology went into it but without the looks to go with it it just looks like a manufacturing plant..

^I don't know how it started, but I for one, believe CW will be getting a new large coaster in 2017, and I also agree that it will be a Wing Coaster, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's even launched. But multiple launches? I rather doubt it, personally...

As for all of this grateful/ungrateful talk... Look... I grew up through the years of Cedar Fair regularly building a new coaster (or another major investment) every other year at Cedar Point. I also remember my Canadian friends back in the 90's raving about CW, and us getting into debates about which park was better. When I finally went to CW in the 2000's, I saw what the hype was about. It was a large, very nice park! It IS comparable to CP in many ways, though I still don't think it's better than CP. But it's definitely the second best seasonal park in the chain from a monetary/attendance/investment standpoint. It's the banner park of an entire country - I don't know if CP can even claim that - and it gets treated as such. Now, I'm not a CW fanboy or anything, but to me, as an observer of CF, CW, and how they operate, I think it's pretty clear that they are going to get larger cap-ex investments, more frequently, compared to the middle and lower tier CF parks. I don't think the expectation of that every few years constitutes "ungratefulness" on the part of CW fans. Rather, it's it's a result of looking at past practice, and the particulars of the market and situation CW resides in. I was the same way with Cedar Point growing up. Every couple years, we had a new coaster. Looking forward to that didn't make me ungrateful for what CP already had. It was simply a result of knowing that's simply what they did, based on past practice.

When/how did the launched Wing coaster rumor start? Was it from unsatisfied CW enthusiasts thinking a B&M hyper and giga isn't enough?

It started from a bunch of land clearing going around skyriders old spot, and around Minebuster and the two new thrill rides announced are not going in those spots. Also to news outlets the parks rep said from what you've seen added to the park since 2008 and on you should expect something amazing. They then went on to say Wonderland was under a multi year large redevelopment project. sources posted below, I think the end of this multi year large redevelopment project will be 2 new thrills in 2016 a large wing coaster in 2017 new resturaunt and family/. waterpark in 2018 and hotel in 2019 or hotel in 2017 with the coaster launch as we know accommodations/ hotels are being built in 2017 and 2019.

According to Phillips, Wonderland will be undergoing a large redevelopment program after Sept. 1. Currently, SkyRider sits on 5,100 square metres of prime space right between the Splash Works and the mountain. Here, Wonderland saw an opportunity. “We like to space out (our ideas) over time and we always want to be innovative and leading the industry,” Phillips said. “Guests still like it and it’s a great attraction, but you have to look within the park to understand what’s best for the future.”

Though Phillips was mum on any details about what will be happening next, he said there were “certainly” concepts in mind for a new attraction. The difficult decision to close SkyRider was due in part to the aging coaster’s location. The ride sits on 5,100 square metres of prime land between the water park and Wonder Mountain, and the park’s executives decided the spot would be a perfect place for their next big attraction.

Phillips was tight-lipped about what that attraction might be or how long it will take to complete.

“All I can tell you is it’s a very large construction project,” he said. “If you look at our history, over the last five to seven years, I think guests know it will be something exciting.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/06/canadas-wonderland-closing-stand-up-skyrider-roller-coaster

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/08/07/after_29_years_skyriders_ride_comes_to_an_end.html

^Exactly. The "history" of the last 5 years was Leviathan and Windseeker. Roughly 7 years ago, we got Behemoth.

The new flats next year and coaster in 2017 make a lot of sense, and are both additions I am greatly looking toward to.

Um, you don't know if they're getting a coaster in 2017. It could be a waterpark expansion for all we know.

^Exactly. The "history" of the last 5 years was Leviathan and Windseeker. Roughly 7 years ago, we got Behemoth.

The new flats next year and coaster in 2017 make a lot of sense, and are both additions I am greatly looking toward to.

Um, you don't know if they're getting a coaster in 2017. It could be a waterpark expansion for all we know.

dude I'm sorry, I know your expecting a massive coaster at Kings Dominion in 2017 but the news articles and the massive amount of land clearing and orange markers pretty much screams were getting a coaster in 2017. In fact there was so much activity we thought it was 2016.

dude I'm sorry, I know your expecting a massive coaster at Kings Dominion in 2017 but the news articles and the massive amount of land clearing and orange markers pretty much screams were getting a coaster in 2017. In fact there was so much activity we thought it was 2016.

Like they always say don't predict till you see land clearing and other signs of coaster construction and well, we have seen them, infact we have more going on at our park then Cedar Point does for theyre 2016 coaster

I can't even with these Canada's Wonderland fans anymore... You know we can go back to the Paramount age of adding crap coasters like Tomb Raider... GET THE F OVER YOURSELVES!!!! We are beyond spoiled and have gotten really great additions and another coaster coming in 2017...... We have had 3 coasters added in a 8 year period and make that 4 coasters added in a 10 year period once 2017 rolls around!!!!! Other parks are looking at us going WTF!!!

THIS x 1,000,000!

Like they always say don't predict till you see land clearing and other signs of coaster construction and well, we have seen them, infact we have more going on at our park then Cedar Point does for theyre 2016 coaster

Nothing is for sure until the first train leaves the station. Their investment in little orange flags may be a long term investment.

I'm just happy to have a large park like CW (or any park for that matter) right in my back yard. And for the record, I think the new flats look pretty neat

To be honest I'm happy to wait for the coaster till 2017 cause that Skyhawk looks amazing! Also look at our thrill ride line up it's the best line up in the Cedar Fair chain!

Small construction update for 2017 I guess were calling it now..

So blue markings "BH" have appeared next to Skyriders old location on the pathway. More blue markings in the actual plot of land with stakes. (The stakes appear to mark actual water mains). There is 10 orange markers in the forest next to Timberwolf which you will see on the map I post of all the markings is just on top of Skyriders old location... The land clearing near Skyrider which is where we all assume the coaster will head out and back to and from has a straight line of orange markers in it. There is one orange flag near Skyriders plot of land now next to lazy river and one red stake next to lazy river near Skyriders plot of land.

NONE of the new thrill rides announced take up this plot of land, and we just had our Splash Works entrance re-done and a new slide complex and splash pad added, so for this being a splash works future update thats very very unlikely and this screams a 2017 coaster.

If you think about it they would need to start now as soon as Splash Works closes as they would need to have all the prep/ footer work done in that area before Splash works opening in 2016 as they can't be kicking up dirt around there during it's operating hours. Similar to when the poured the footers for Behemoth in Stunt coasters location the season prior to construction.

2017.thumb.png.3109c2bdb9cffbc96cc62bb69ff80a42.png

construction update

11920492_10155905543915447_1101305681_n.thumb.jpg.d1856067a87847b4d07cc49a978d5315.jpg

BH marking on Skyriders path (new as of August 25, 2015)

11911456_10155905543955447_1406958122_n.jpg.0faa7e2360cb861b5185d45aaf5fc7e8.jpg

11934077_10155905544025447_401806348_n.jpg.d2520713fce6e0546496a8d9513f5c44.jpg

11899153_10155905543875447_692721132_o.thumb.jpg.8143523577457a90889e8ae6ba90a09f.jpg

free movie

11938835_10155905543995447_1974367471_n.jpg.d5e3e0071c47c291e1b43c3632021019.jpg

again the crowds are insane this season

. The land cleared could easily fit a behemoth sized coaster in its place. It makes sense that cedar pint is getting the worlds tallest and fastest dive coaster, since CW could be stealing Gatekeeper's record in 2017.

Long time thread lurker, first time poster here. The family and I are going to hit the Halloween Haunt this year, and we were wondering if someone more experienced with park traffic could guess-timate which nights would be the least busy (towards the end of the month, the beginning, etc.), and if, since Halloween falls on a Saturday this year, if it would be a good idea to go that night or not. We've only attended the HH once, a few years back, but we're taking our 8 year old this year for the first time, so would prefer a lower traffic night (she can do scary just fine, but long lines make us all cranky). Thanks!

Based on the land clearing and markings, this would have to be the out and back direction of the coaster, obviously a prediction but markings suggest this to be true. I didn't put elements in cause gurl that would be too difficult someone else can do that lol

That would be a great layout for a wing coaster; flying over the midway and interacting with the other rides like that would be amazing.

Personally could see us getting a launched wing rider, stealing thunderbird's, and possibly some of gatekeeper's records.

Wow...color me surprised. I thought for sure that CW would get a new coaster next year.

Not that this is bad addition in any way (really cool additions actually), but I thought that the Skyrider area was prepping for the new coaster. Has anyone confirmed that this is where the two new flats are going or is that area still going to be for a new coaster in '17?

Check the thread entitled "Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread." It's a good resource to answer your questions.

LOL...I guess that I should have gone back a page or two before Robb posted the official announcement (I just clicked on the link and read from there).

I just figured that everything before the announcement was just sheer speculation on the new coaster and people bitching about the park in one way or another...kinda like the two or three most recent pages of this thread!

I bet 100 Euros in the expansion of the water park

We just had one and they rebuilt the splash works entrance... they are done with water parks compare ours to others and it's a damn decent water park... Sorry but based on the news sites with quotes this is another big coaster