Photo TR: National Roller Coaster Day Holiday World 2015!

I had an awesome day at Holiday World!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Photo TR: National Roller Coaster Day Holiday World 2015!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:14 am

Trip Report (August 16, 2015): Hola! I just recently got back off my trip from Holiday World , and I must say the park was absolutely AMAZING! Truly, it was! I have nothing negative to say about this park!

We as theme park junkies know that National Roller Coaster Day or "NRCD," is on August 16. What better way to celebrate that day? Well, go and find the nearest theme park and ride a roller coaster of course . . . Duh! So that's what I set out to do.

I've never been to Holiday World before so I was very excited! I knew this park was going to deliver the "good stuff," and trust me it did. I left my house Saturday 8/15/2015 around 8:50 P.M. Even though I had worked all that day, I was prepared to make that 8hr+ drive from Alabama all by myself. My mother tagged along, but she doesn't drive, so I had to manage all by lonesome. Thankfully, I didn't get too tired until I was close to Evansville. LOL.

I stayed at the Comfort Inn East which was a nice hotel for the price. I arrived at the hotel around 4:50 A.M, and they had a room ready for me. I managed to get a nice and WELL DESERVED sleep that I really needed.

After resting and getting dressed, I knew exactly what I was going to do next:

HOLIDAY WORLD HERE I COME!

*Roller Coasters:

Thunderbird: THE BEST WING COASTER I'VE RIDDEN (SO FAR)! Even though the only other wing coaster I've been on was Gatekeeper at Cedar Point, I still think Thunderbird takes the throne! It was amazing from start to finish! That launch out of the station left me breathless! Everything about that coaster was great! I rode it twice and each time was a new experience because I rode left and right side. The left side is truly the best when going through that barn. VERY CLOSE!

The Voyage: Well . . . it was wonderful coaster. That first drop was amazing, but after that it was . . . well . . . a wonderful coaster. What you say? Did you say it was rough? Well . . . rough is being nice. Once again . . . a wonderful coaster.

The Legend: All I can say is this . . . I rode it for the credit. Nice ride, but OMG!

The Raven: All I can say about this coaster is this . . . I SURVIVED!

*Family Rides:

Crow's Nest: A great swing ride that provided wonderful views and a very close interaction with Thunderbird.

Gobbler Getaway: I love these Sally dark rides! They're so fun!

Holidog Express (Train Ride): It was nice being able to ride a fun and entertaining train. It was very relaxing!

HERE'S A VIDEO AS WELL IF YOU WANT TO WATCH:

. . . OR YOU COULD LOOK AT PICTURES! ENJOY!
001.JPG
Holiday World Water Tower!
002.JPG
I see you Raven and Thunderbird!
004.JPG
Okay? . . .
005.JPG
It's was number one! . . . a long time ago. LOL.
006.JPG
Yes! I'm here!
008.JPG
Sadly, no water park for me.
010.JPG
011.JPG
014.JPG
Sorry kids, he does not exist! Keep moving along! Nothing to see here!
015.JPG
Beautiful!
017.JPG
018.JPG
Nice!
020.JPG
Such a nice view!
022.JPG
Thanksgiving!
026.JPG
Is that what I think it is?
027.JPG
No swinging ship unless it goes upside down.
028.JPG
Nope. It didn't go upside down.
029.JPG
I'll be back Voyage.
030.JPG
Sad to this gone.
031.JPG
. . . But it does look pretty!
032.JPG
What's that in the trees?
033.JPG
People are riding it!
034.JPG
There it goes again!
036.JPG
What is it?
037.JPG
A loop I see?
039.JPG
OMG! This is my very shot of all time!
040.JPG
Yes, I'm giving it a thumbs up!
042.JPG
It's THUNDERBIRD!
043.JPG
Love it!
044.JPG
046.JPG
So this was . . .?
047.JPG
Fun ride!
048.JPG
Just look at that!
050.JPG
052.JPG
Passing by.
053.JPG
054.JPG
Passing by again.
058.JPG
I'm coming to you!
059.JPG
Love this dark ride!
060.JPG
064.JPG
Yes!
065.JPG
Very . . . high!
066.JPG
BEST PLACE TO EAT AT HOLIDAY WORLD!
067.JPG
Who's that?
072.JPG
073.JPG
074.JPG
076.JPG
I rode it twice in a row without getting off. The ride operator was so kind!
078.JPG
Empty. Just the way I like it!
079.JPG
Didn't eat here.
080.JPG
081.JPG
084.JPG
Nice!
085.JPG
086.JPG
All the goodies you could hope for!
087.JPG
088.JPG
089.JPG
091.JPG
I'm here!
093.JPG
094.JPG
096.JPG
Didn't ride.
098.JPG
099.JPG
I'm coming for you!
100.JPG
101.JPG
I wanted to ride this, but changed my mind.
103.JPG
Leaving the park.
105.JPG
Thank You Holiday World!
107.JPG
It's time to go.
108.JPG
109.JPG
Yes! I made it to . . . Three Flags Over Indiana! LOL!
110.JPG
Wonderful park! I will truly miss you!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: National Roller Coaster Day Holiday World 201

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Great photos! Glad you made it up there; Holiday World is truly special. You didn't miss much with Frightful Falls; it was okay but not fantastic. I loved Gobbler Getaway; I didn't even know it existed before I went. I heard a lot about the four coasters as well as the LIM slides, but going in to it I had no idea they had a dark ride. I'm one to always check out a dark ride, and it really delivers. I rode it more than anything else except Voyage and Thunderbird.

A word of warning: Once you come down off the high Holiday World gives you, there will be withdrawal symptoms, chief of which is an obsession with planning your next trip.

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:45 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Great photos! Glad you made it up there; Holiday World is truly special. You didn't miss much with Frightful Falls; it was okay but not fantastic. I loved Gobbler Getaway; I didn't even know it existed before I went. I heard a lot about the four coasters as well as the LIM slides, but going in to it I had no idea they had a dark ride. I'm one to always check out a dark ride, and it really delivers. I rode it more than anything else except Voyage and Thunderbird.

A word of warning: Once you come down off the high Holiday World gives you, there will be withdrawal symptoms, chief of which is an obsession with planning your next trip.

I'm already feeling the withdrawal symptoms now. LOL. I had a wonderful time and hopefully I'll be able to visit again in the future, but no time soon. My next/last trip of the year is Silver Dollar City in October.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby BrianGC » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Nice photos! I visited HW for NRCD, too. Spent the majority of the time at the water park on this trip, though. I definitely recommend giving Wildebeest and Mammoth a shot next time; they are easily the best slides I've ever ridden.

Glad you had a good time!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:32 pm

BrianGC wrote:Nice photos! I visited HW for NRCD, too. Spent the majority of the time at the water park on this trip, though. I definitely recommend giving Wildebeest and Mammoth a shot next time; they are easily the best slides I've ever ridden.

Glad you had a good time!

Awesome! You was at Carowinds the same time I was also. I didn't get a chance to see you this time. LOL. I heard the water park is amazing, but I'm mostly a "theme park" guy. I like water parks, but not a huge fan. I'm glad you was there celebrating as well. Holiday World was a BLAST!

Postby Raven Maven » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Cordero! We're so glad you finally got to visit us! Thanks for all your kind comments. We're so glad you had a fun day!
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Raven Maven wrote:Cordero! We're so glad you finally got to visit us! Thanks for all your kind comments. We're so glad you had a fun day!

Thanks! I really do appriciate it! Your park is definitely worth driving for!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby PixelRush » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:46 am

I've seen you on YouTube a bunch :p great trip report, and I know based upon one of your videos that I AM a theme park junkie!!! I do recommend that you shoot the videos at a fixed position (and you sitting somewhere with a cool background, like coaster pics etc.) That would be my personal preference, but do what makes you happy :)

check me out my YouTube channel, YouTube.com/PixelRush! I make YouTube Poops currently, if you know what those are.
I have the rumblies, the rumblies that only AIRTIME can satisfy. :airtimer:
Top Steel: Maverick [Cedar Point] Top Wood: El Toro [Six Flags Great Adventure] Coaster Count: 78
My username is Zergei on the NoLimits Central Forum
Proud member of the Cult of Skank Mountain, where the airtime is to die for.

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:00 pm

PixelRush wrote:I've seen you on YouTube a bunch :p great trip report, and I know based upon one of your videos that I AM a theme park junkie!!! I do recommend that you shoot the videos at a fixed position (and you sitting somewhere with a cool background, like coaster pics etc.) That would be my personal preference, but do what makes you happy :)

check me out my YouTube channel, YouTube.com/PixelRush! I make YouTube Poops currently, if you know what those are.

Thanks! I'll definitely check your channel out! That's a great idea considering I'm trying to improve my channel with a more professional look. I just need some better software. Sadly, I'm still using windows movie editor. LOL.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Fantastic trip report! Very thorough and concise. Nice that you photographed almost everything.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!