TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

ejot great photo trip report! Never really got into the animals when I went, looks like I've made a mistake, lol. I kinda agree that Storm runner is quite an amazing ride I think it loses points b/c it is so short. I also feel similarly about skyrush however my friend HATE b/c it has so much ejector airtime.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed. I was kind of "dragged" into the animals exhibits and ended up really enjoying it. You get a handstamp for park re-entry since the zoo is separately available to outside guests.

After doing a quick and uneducational theory search (I used RCDB statistics), Storm runner is actually 3rd out of 14 for longest Intamin Accelerator coaster. Only KK and TTD are longer and the majority of people I believe find them to be the one trick pony variety. This helps my summation that Storm Runner is probably my favorite of this type of coaster.

I was totally taken by surprise when we crested the top hat in the front row. There was ejector airtime over that into the floater airtime of the drip, which was phenomenal. I was ejected a second time right before the flying snake roll, which was amazing. My 3rd favorite coaster now!!!

I didn't see anyone post this, Hersheypark expanded their Christmas Candylane this year. Laff Trakk, Wildcat, sooperdooperlooper, and most of the Midway area will now be open. Last year Cocoa Cruiser was open, so they have a total of 4 roller coasters open during the event.

More information in the link:

http://www.hersheypark.com/seasons/christmas.php

Looks like next week is the last week for daily operations, and from what I can tell most schools will back in session. Can a local confirm that the park should be pretty dead during the day next week because of that? Even the Friday before Labor Day weekend? I hate when posters ask "what are crowds going to be like" because there are always a more than few variables and its impossible to predict but I only have a few vacations days left for 2015 and this is a 2.5 hour drive for us each way. I'm mostly concerned about local schools being in session.

Myself and a buddy from work are planning on heading up for a day trip Tuesday, Weds, Thursday or Friday, we are trying to figure out which day to go. Should we just go for Friday to make it a four day weekend? Or better off in the middle of the week (typically better at most parks for lower crowds)? Help!

Looks like next week is the last week for daily operations, and from what I can tell most schools will back in session. Can a local confirm that the park should be pretty dead during the day next week because of that? Even the Friday before Labor Day weekend? I hate when posters ask "what are crowds going to be like" because there are always a more than few variables and its impossible to predict but I only have a few vacations days left for 2015 and this is a 2.5 hour drive for us each way. I'm mostly concerned about local schools being in session.

Myself and a buddy from work are planning on heading up for a day trip Tuesday, Weds, Thursday or Friday, we are trying to figure out which day to go. Should we just go for Friday to make it a four day weekend? Or better off in the middle of the week (typically better at most parks for lower crowds)? Help!

I would recommend going in the middle of the week. We went to Hershey for 3 days (Tues-Thurs) in the middle of June and the crowds were very minimal. We stayed at the Hershey Lodge, so we got the 1 hour early entry each morning. During the early entry, we were able to ride SDL, Comet, and Skyrush multiple times without having to get off and get back in line. At the 10am rope drop, we booked it over to Laff Track and waited about 10 minutes for our first ride, and then about 20 minutes for a second ride. By the time our 2nd ride was over, the line was about 30-40 minutes and stayed consistent the rest of the day. Fahrenheit was the only ride besides Laff Track that had a wait, and it wasn't bad at 20-25 minutes. Pretty much every other ride was a walk on or a 1-2 train wait at the most. The park was open to 10pm each night we were there and really seemed to empty out after 8pm.

Well, we are not staying overnight so the early entry stuff is out. This is strictly a day trip. Since I'm not driving I can't even guarantee (but would hope that) we would make it in time for opening. Also, I don't really care about Laff Trakk, so if I get to ride it cool but no way I'm standing in line for an hour+ for a spinning mouse.

I just want to get rides on the three Intamins, Lightning Racer, SDL, Great Bear and get the credits for Comet, Sidewinder and Trailblazer. OK really though I just want to ride Skyrush and Stormrunner as many times as possible.

What's Hershey's rain policy like? I feel like its been discussed here but I can't remember. Hershey is hands down my favorite park (based on my one, brief 5 hour visit last fall) and I hope it stays that way. Other than the epic Kennywood/Cedar Point weekend we had earlier this year, Hershey is the only other park I'm obsessed with getting to before the year is out.

I just want to get rides on the three Intamins, Lightning Racer, SDL, Great Bear and get the credits for Comet, Sidewinder and Trailblazer. OK really though I just want to ride Skyrush and Stormrunner as many times as possible.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with Comet. It's a really solid coaster... the other 2 are just credit coasters. Also ride Coal Cracker this time... all the cool kids ride Coal Cracker. Nothing better than a log flume with airtime.

Yes, our schools all go back this week with most of them starting today. You should be good to go on any weekday, with the holiday being the busiest. If you head back to Laff Track right at rope drop it should only be a 5 minute wait. I hit it 2 consecutive Saturdays that way and only waited 10 minutes both times. Light rain shouldn't give you too many problems but lightning will shut everything down. If I remember correctly in heavier rain the coasters close fairly quickly.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with Comet. It's a really solid coaster... the other 2 are just credit coasters. Also ride Coal Cracker this time... all the cool kids ride Coal Cracker. Nothing better than a log flume with airtime.

I like Comet a lot but I do think that is was running better last season. Last year it was incredible in the back.