TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

1 month china trip

pdcon

Me and my wife will be visiting china for the whole month of April. We will be visiting Hong Kong Disney and Shanghai Disney (if open by then). but I was wondering what are some of the better parks to visit (theme and water). we are going to try and squeeze in a few parks during our trip. We are also deciding if we should make the trip over to japan for a week or so, would that be advisable?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^A visit to Japan is ALWAYS advisable! You'll need a break from China for sure during a month there.

I would stick to the bigger chain Chinese parks (Happy Valley's, Chimelong, Fantawild, etc.) and not bother with all of the Chinese Spinning Mice and Knockoff rides.

What areas in China will you be in? The country is giant so if you at least tell us where you'll be we can help you choose more specific parks.

So my wife's parents ( 2 Americans) decided to completely up-root and move to china, so we are going over there to visit, They are in Kunming. So far we have planed stops in Kuneming, Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai, no particular order, just spending a few days in city and moving on, unless we find stuff to do in the city's we can plan to stay a little longer.

You'll find a ton to do then. Stick with the bigger parks like I said. In Shanghai I would make an exception for two non-chain parks. Jin Jiang Action Park is at least somewhat interesting with some decent credits and there's a really nice 'park' in a real park that has one of the BobKart powered alpine slides. It's called Gongqing Forest Park.

In Beijing I really wouldn't bother with the two big non chain parks. Sun Park and Shijingshan. Unless you like pain, torture, and being on the wrong side of the tracks.

OK, thanks. So in your personal/professional opinion which happy valley park is best? Ride lineups, enjoyment, all around whole park feel. I have been looking and they all seem to be fairly equal what I see online.

I've always had the best time at the Chengdu or Shanghai ones. Beijing has some of the worst operations in existence and Shenzhen always seems packed and equally poorly run. Wuhan was new and nice but missing a lot. All of the Chinese parks will start blending together for you.