TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Hmm... I wonder which layout is correct. The one with the "Gale Force" logo that was taken from the announcement video, or the one with the "S&S" logo with no mention or indication that it is Gale Force.

Hmm...................

Or you could just answer my question without being sarcastic.

Anyways, I prefer the S&S rendering over the layout in the announcement video but both are much more than I would've expected from this park or any park in that area.

Adding to my 2016 trip itinerary!!!

RCDB.com says that there is another coaster coming to this park along with Gale Force. "Few details on this second roller coaster have been released other than it said to wrap around the new for 2016 "GaleForce". The stating this as a steel, sit-down roller coaster above is just default settings and not to be considered accurate until the park provides more details."

Guys, there's no point to argue, but based on what I've seen the ride video is the actual final layout. The concept art is old. It looks great though, so many flips and insane airtime moments into and out of those flips

Also the trains/restraints look like the ones on Batman at SFFT...which I absolutely love so I hope this is the case.

Those restraints do look comfortable. I think this will be the most anticipated roller coaster on the East Coast. I hope I can get out and ride it at some point.

RCDB.com says that there is another coaster coming to this park along with Gale Force. "Few details on this second roller coaster have been released other than it said to wrap around the new for 2016 "GaleForce". The stating this as a steel, sit-down roller coaster above is just default settings and not to be considered accurate until the park provides more details."

Intriguing. Vekoma Roller Skater.

I am so excited to see two compact electromagnetic coasters coming to the east coast next year! I loved Tempesto and Gale Force looks even better! Between this and Phobia I already have two coasters within a 5 mile radius that are already quite thrilling and we haven't even gotten to the "big park's" announcements yet!

It's just great in general to see a better quality of coaster coming to seaside parks like Iron Shark and now GF.

Edit: pkdcoaster, Flitzer and Python are both still operating (Python kind of hurts so brace yourself...) Get those credits quick, they will both removed for Gale Force and the unknown coaster project for 2016. (which speculation seems to indicate will encompass the very vertical footprint of Gale Force)

Edited by ECZenith

I couldn't find a thread for this park, my apologies if there is one. Can mods move it there if so?

Anyways, this is huge for this small park and should be a great addition. I'm excited to have one of these so close to home, maybe I will finally (after many failed attempts) check these Ocean City parks out once this is built!

[attachment=0]1438774447_1.jpg[/attachment]

I wonder if this will light a fire under Morey's A$$ to finally pull the trigger on their woodie or some sort of new coaster?

Look at you getting a "headline" on the home page! Nice post and thanks for sharing!

World's first Chance Giant Toboggan.

World's first Chance Giant Toboggan.

Oh God. I can only imagine.

This seems like something that would fit well with Canobie... Maybe they'll be in line sometime in the future?

I think if they ever take out Canobie Corkscrew (which it looks like that will happen soon) I'm sure something like this will happen, but doesn't Canobie have a one hundred foot height limit?

• 2 months later...