TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Anyone else notice that the music, graphics, and sound effects in the annimation video are very Six Flag-ish? I'm sure logic would just say the same graphics firm used for previous Six Flags annimations was used for this. However there is a rumored 2nd launched El Loco allegedly headed for a U.S. park for 2016. With Six Flags filing a trade mark for "Gale Force 7" and the eerie similarities in this video and previous Six Flags animations, can't help but wonder if the 2nd version of this ride will end up in a smaller Six Flags park. I know it's a wild predicition, but something just struck me about this video.

UNLESS this project was previously planned for a Six Flags park and cancelled last minute. Again just a wild guess on my part and pure speculation, not stating this as fact or anything.

I agree with this. With Six Flags filing a similar name, and this using very Six Flags-ey animation, I could definitely see this at a Six Flags park.

Considering they had success with Batman at SFFT, I think it's very likely for SF to go with a compact S&S again.

I will immediately become the best coaster on the Jersey Shore. Looks fun, I hope that it will be comparable to Sky Rocket since I love Sky Rocket.

Agreed. Sky Rocket is a great "little" ride, and something like Gale Force looks like a good ride for a small park without a lot of space to spare.

It'll be kind of sad because I believe that it means that the Python and the Flitzer will be removed to do so. I've seen them for sale on intermarketridegroup.com and italintl.com and a few others (overpriced by the way) and I thought that that meant that either Playland was closing, which would have been sad, or they were getting a big new ride, which it looks like they went with door number two. It looks awesome! That one roll type thing at the top looks insane.

It'll be kind of sad because I believe that it means that the Python and the Flitzer will be removed to do so. I've seen them for sale on intermarketridegroup.com and italintl.com and a few others (overpriced by the way)

As Intimidator305 mentioned, they were sold already. Besides, Morey's still maintains its Flitzer after all these years and the thing runs great and that's 30 minutes south, and is anyone really going to miss a Painfari looper!? Gale Force is a huge upgrade and a big move for this park. I'm stoked!

Built by S&S based on a Premier design/concept- can't go wrong with that. More often than not, these compact one/two car train eurofighter-esque rides look great, but underwhelm. Verily. I get the feeling this one will break that cycle. Great addition to a seaside park- looking forward to giving it a spin.

Coaster layout image

Holy crap, I didn't even notice the barrel roll before the final dive. I blame the video's god-awful editing. Awesome!

There is no such barrel roll on Gale Force, as the layout image posted above on this page, is not Gale Force's layout.

For those of you who doubt my statement, here's a screenshot from the announcement video that shows the entire layout:

galeforce.PNG.edf52530fb00e83e87717dd427ad7ed3.PNG

^^Is it just me or does anyone else actually see the Barrel Roll (or 540 Corked Roll as they call it) in the video screenshot posted? Because I believe I do, in fact, see the Corked Roll right before the final dive.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is a bit off. Its more of a roll right into the Raven Turn.

Edited by Coasterguy21

Hmm... I wonder which layout is correct. The one with the "Gale Force" logo that was taken from the announcement video, or the one with the "S&S" logo with no mention or indication that it is Gale Force.

Hmm...................