Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Playland's Castaway Cove (OC, NJ) announces Gale Force

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:42 pm

This looks like a great addition for this small park! Glad I got my Flitzer and Python credits a few weeks back, too. I've got a bunch of leftover Playland ride tickets in my car - looks like I just confirmed a return trip next summer!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:46 pm

boldikus wrote:I couldn't find a thread for this park, my apologies if there is one. Can mods move it there if so?

Anyways, this is huge for this small park and should be a great addition. I'm excited to have one of these so close to home, maybe I will finally (after many failed attempts) check these Ocean City parks out once this is built!

I wonder if this will light a fire under Morey's A$$ to finally pull the trigger on their woodie or some sort of new coaster?

So glad to see a park actually building one of these. I remember seeing the concept for it a while back, and I thought it looked like a decent attraction for a small park! Hopefully it rides as good as it looks! Also, I like the new restraints. Very B&Mesque. Now if only Magic Springs could get a coaster like this!!
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:18 pm.
Bigger is not always better.

Postby Superbatboy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Anyone else notice that the music, graphics, and sound effects in the annimation video are very Six Flag-ish? I'm sure logic would just say the same graphics firm used for previous Six Flags annimations was used for this. However there is a rumored 2nd launched El Loco allegedly headed for a U.S. park for 2016. With Six Flags filing a trade mark for "Gale Force 7" and the eerie similarities in this video and previous Six Flags animations, can't help but wonder if the 2nd version of this ride will end up in a smaller Six Flags park. I know it's a wild predicition, but something just struck me about this video.

UNLESS this project was previously planned for a Six Flags park and cancelled last minute. Again just a wild guess on my part and pure speculation, not stating this as fact or anything.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Wow, that looks fantastic!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:56 pm

boldikus wrote:If you are familiar with the piers here is an idea of where its going to go (right where their Flitzer and other small junior coaster is so they may be getting removed)

They were both for sale on http://www.intermarkridegroup.com/used-rides/roller-coasters/2.html so I knew something new was going in to fill that huge hole.

Actually, they are both sold now - Glad I got the credits who knows where they will end up! This new attraction certainly looks better than those two combined.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:03 pm

I have to admit that looks like a lot of fun. Surely a coaster like no other out there.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Nwstone » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Regarding the 2nd American perk to get this, I could see a six flags park receive it or more likely Fun Spot America.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:52 pm

Superbatboy wrote:Anyone else notice that the music, graphics, and sound effects in the annimation video are very Six Flag-ish? I'm sure logic would just say the same graphics firm used for previous Six Flags annimations was used for this. However there is a rumored 2nd launched El Loco allegedly headed for a U.S. park for 2016. With Six Flags filing a trade mark for "Gale Force 7" and the eerie similarities in this video and previous Six Flags animations, can't help but wonder if the 2nd version of this ride will end up in a smaller Six Flags park. I know it's a wild predicition, but something just struck me about this video.

UNLESS this project was previously planned for a Six Flags park and cancelled last minute. Again just a wild guess on my part and pure speculation, not stating this as fact or anything.

I agree with this. With Six Flags filing a similar name, and this using very Six Flags-ey animation, I could definitely see this at a Six Flags park.

Considering they had success with Batman at SFFT, I think it's very likely for SF to go with a compact S&S again.
Steel: 172 / Wood: 32 / Total: 204
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Kind of reminds me of a cooler skyrocket
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:32 pm

It looks like Tempesto and El Loco had a baby--which is not a bad thing.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!