TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

Earlier today, Vekoma posted this on their Facebook-page, along with a new render of the ride.

We are back on track with Wildfire, The new record breaking Wood Coaster in cooperation with Rocky Mountains Construction.

Does this mean that we will be seeing a new POV?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who noticed the Goliath like truss support on the first drop?? Maybe there is even more in store for this coaster than we think! A first drop with supports like Goliath would make this coaster look even more intimidating! Regardless, glad to see the coaster is back on track!

You could be onto something with that, but as of now I don't think that we can see that as a possible new structure for the ride. The lift also has that truss structure if you look closely, and I think it's more of a coincidence that it happened that way - they must have taken the part of the photo from Goliath, which has the truss like that, when they were simulating and photo shopping the coaster in there. I'm not saying it can't happen, as of now, I just think it's a coincidence and isn't solid proof of a metal truss structure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I can't wait to see the finished project. Unfortunately i don't think i'll ever make it out there. I'm glad to hear everything is on track for opening. I always wondered (maybe i missed the answer some where) The project was announced with two years to go before opening it seems most announce 7 months to a year in advance, was this by design in case any roadblocks may pop up with government and anything else that could delay the project?

I can't wait to see the finished project. Unfortunately i don't think i'll ever make it out there. I'm glad to hear everything is on track for opening. I always wondered (maybe i missed the answer some where) The project was announced with two years to go before opening it seems most announce 7 months to a year in advance, was this by design in case any roadblocks may pop up with government and anything else that could delay the project?

Don't get stuck in "Cininnati" your whole life. Get out there and explore!

I have been many places and other Than Denver i prefer Cincinnati to everywhere else. I want to make it to several other countries on a list i have before I would be anywhere near this park. I also do not have the money for travel for the next several years at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one that can't tell the differnce between the construction pictures and the concept art with this thing? When the original ocncpet art came out I remember thinking how realistic the images looked and now I seriously can't tell the difference.

And this project looks incredible.