Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

P. 202: $250 million indoor water park project approved!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Nickelodeon Universe Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:11 am

They should send the Falling Star to Knott's and replace Ripe Tide with it! LOL

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby BisonRugbyGuy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:40 pm

valleyfairfanatic wrote:I really hope they put in something nice to replace Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone, I will actually miss this ride, not really for the thrills but more for the sentimental value.

Danny Phantom is being replaced with a Chance Revolution 20 themed to Shredder. At least that's what the concept art shows in the rides office.
2016: Millennium Force, Valravn, & Matterhorn/Scrambler ride host
2017: Top Thrill Dragster

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:39 pm

The Guppy Bubbler looks (sort of) like our Balloon Ride at Playland(PNE). Do the
vehicles spin? It looks like they do, in the second photo. Great looking ride, for
kids, families and seniors. :smile:
GuppyBubbler2015a.jpg
What's now open, there.
BalloonRide.JPG
What we got, here at Playland(PNE).
BalloonRide01.JPG
The artsy shot of it. (o;
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby PhantomPoster32 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:58 pm

There sure is a lot of wasted space around the new Samba Tower. I hope that is only temporary as space is a premium in that park.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Went to Nic U yesterday to ride Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone one last time. Lines were pretty much walk-on. I still can't figure out how to fully flip on Shell shock, although I did go upside down once :lmao: They did have a balloon entrance for the closing of the Danny Phantom ride which was a nice touch. It'll be interesting to see how fast it is taken down.
'

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:50 am

Nickelodeon Universe sent us this press release today, but I have to be honest, I'm still a little confused as to what this ride is. The description sounds like some sort of Frisbee, but the image provided doesn't really show anything. So here goes...

image005.png

Prepare to mutate: Shredder’s Mutant Masher is the newest thrill ride coming to Mall of America®
Based on Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ most evil villain, Shredder’s Mutant Masher is opening November 2015

Mall of America® announces newest thrill ride Shredder’s Mutant Masher to open in Nickelodeon Universe® November 2015.

The skyline of Nickelodeon Universe® is about to drastically change with the addition of Shredder’s Mutant Masher. This new ride is a 5,000-square-foot interactive attraction, sending riders through a unique “mutation” experience in addition to the pulse pounding thrill ride experience.

Upon entering the queue, riders will begin the mutation experience by stepping into a mad-scientist-like lab where they pass hazardous material containers and remnants of past mutant experiments. All are props of course, contributing to the immersive Shredder narrative. The ride itself functions as a giant pendulum, spinning and swinging riders more than 50 feet in the air. When the ride is finished, the “mutation” is complete. Riders will have the opportunity to view their mutant photo, complete with horns, bug-eyes and other super-imposed features. Photos will be available for purchase.

Based on Nickelodeon’s popular CG-animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Shredder is the infamous villain responsible for the Turtles’ mutation into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Turtle fans will be instantly familiar with the character’s significance.

“Shredder’s Mutant Masher will be a complete interactive experience for kids and kids-at-heart alike. Whether you’re a long-time fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles brand, or just looking for a new way to defy gravity in Nickelodeon Universe, this ride will deliver thrills from the moment you get in line,” said Jill Renslow, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Business Development for Mall of America. “The immersive storytelling makes this attraction truly unique, reinforcing Mall of America as being always new.”

Taking the place of the recently retired Danny Phantom’s Ghost Zone, Shredder’s Mutant Masher will also include retail space featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles merchandise and other Nickelodeon products. This is the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed ride to open in Nickelodeon Universe, joining the popular Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell Shock ride that opened in spring 2012.

Located at the east entrance of Nickelodeon Universe, Shredder’s Mutant Masher will join the more than 520 world-class shops and attractions at Mall of America. Riders must be at least 48” tall to ride without a chaperone and admission cost is six points.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:59 am

It kind of sounds like a Huss Frisbee variant to me... Maybe facing inward, with some kind of themed presentation you're looking at? You're right, Robb... It's VERY ambiguous in that Press Release!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:02 am

Definitely sounds like an indoor Frisbee or Afterburner. I've found that taking a basic flat ride, putting it indoors, and adding lighting, sound, and smoke effects almost always takes a mediocre ride and elevates it to something AWESOME!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:03 am

isnt it a chance revolution?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 am

Yeah, it looks like a pendulum ride with inward seating, but that is just based off of the concept art.

Is this the only sentence in that entire press release that relates to the ride itself?
The ride itself functions as a giant pendulum, spinning and swinging riders more than 50 feet in the air.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!