Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Wildfire - 2016 Kolmarden Rocky Mountain Woodie Announce

Postby Turtle Wax » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:50 pm

I am so pumped to hear this! I originally wanted to go on the Scandi trip last year, but it wouldn't have worked out with work. Then I planned for 2015, but upon Wildfire's announcement delayed it till next year! I have been thinking I might have to delay it another year which would have been quite the bummer! Although I'm sure there's a reason to go back every year for those of you that have been!
-Bryan
1165 Magnum XL-200 Laps in 2010!

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Earlier today, Vekoma posted this on their Facebook-page, along with a new render of the ride.

We are back on track with Wildfire, The new record breaking Wood Coaster in cooperation with Rocky Mountains Construction.

11698851_1641143779505203_456519180811712925_o.jpg

11539002_1641143836171864_2520452117697200723_o.jpg

photos: Vekoma

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Am I the only one who noticed the Goliath like truss support on the first drop?? Maybe there is even more in store for this coaster than we think! A first drop with supports like Goliath would make this coaster look even more intimidating! Regardless, glad to see the coaster is back on track!
wf.jpg
Bigger is not always better.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:23 pm

larrygator wrote:Vekoma is not manufacturing

Oh thank god.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:32 pm

BDG wrote:Earlier today, Vekoma posted this on their Facebook-page, along with a new render of the ride.

We are back on track with Wildfire, The new record breaking Wood Coaster in cooperation with Rocky Mountains Construction.

Haha I like how they said "in cooperation with Rocky Mountains Construction." as if RMC was just giving a little help with the ride
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:38 pm

BDG wrote:Earlier today, Vekoma posted this on their Facebook-page, along with a new render of the ride.

Does this mean that we will be seeing a new POV? :p
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby glouthan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:07 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:Am I the only one who noticed the Goliath like truss support on the first drop?? Maybe there is even more in store for this coaster than we think! A first drop with supports like Goliath would make this coaster look even more intimidating! Regardless, glad to see the coaster is back on track!

You could be onto something with that, but as of now I don't think that we can see that as a possible new structure for the ride. The lift also has that truss structure if you look closely, and I think it's more of a coincidence that it happened that way - they must have taken the part of the photo from Goliath, which has the truss like that, when they were simulating and photo shopping the coaster in there. I'm not saying it can't happen, as of now, I just think it's a coincidence and isn't solid proof of a metal truss structure.

Roller coasters are my passion. It's what I do, it's who I am.

Check out my roller coaster blog: www.journeythroughcoasters.com Trip Reports! Ride Reviews! News Updates! and more...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:30 am

Glad to hear everything is on track for 2016! This looks like it will be an incredible addition to the park!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Turtle Wax » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:34 am

Robb or any local Swedes have any latest and greatest info on Wildfire? It's been silent since July. Any construction progress that anyone knows of?
-Bryan
1165 Magnum XL-200 Laps in 2010!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:38 am

^^^^Was just wondering the same! After seeing Joker, how is my more anticipated coaster doing?
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!