TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the league when Stern finally retires next year. I love the NBA, but some things need to change. If nothing else, I bet the WNBA finally gets shut down, do the NBA can quit pouring money into it.

My Bulls are tanking without even trying to! Couldn't even beat the Orlando Magic. Let that sink in!

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^True, but how much would that really damage the NBA in the long term? Some people would be mad for awhile, but they'd get over it. There's definitely a good business case to shut it down. Maybe it's more popular by you? In Chicago the Sky struggle to bring in even 5,000 fans a night.

^That's about the average for the WNBA. I think the Sparks are around 7,000 here in L.A. The NBA still subsidizes the league, but many of the teams are independently owned now. I definitely think the remaining teams that are owned by their NBA counterparts will sell them off, but I don't think it will fold.

• 1 year later...
Anfernee Hardaway, Grant Hill, Derrick Rose.

Realistically, the Bulls weren't going to seriously contend for a championship this year, and I don't think he was the piece to build around anyway, but he would have been 1a to whoever 1 would have been. Now, this version of the Bulls (2010-present/Tom Thibodeau era) is set to get parted and scrapped to facilitate a rebuild- with no guarantee that Rose will ever be the same player he was upon his return.

The maddening thing about this is that one of their greatest strengths (Tom Thibodeau) will hinder that process. His teams are unbelievably well-coached and will probably be good for a 4-6 seed in the playoffs, which effectively kills any chance of securing a higher pick in the draft. Not good enough to win, not bad enough for the consolation prize. Probably the worst place an NBA team can find itself in.

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd just quote my own post from last time around. Had the radio on as background noise when this story broke. I thought I was hearing things, even after it was repeated for the third time. Can't imagine what must be going through Rose' mind right now.

My initial reaction was that I wish there would be a merciful end to this, and both sides could just move on- but there are 2 more seasons at $20M per after this one. This more than likely cements the end of Thibodeau's time in Chicago.

It's a real shame. Derrick Rose's MVP season was something special. Hometown kid leading his team into the playoffs. I hope he can stay healthy and have 1 or 2 more productive seasons, whether they are as a starter or as a 6th man like Grant Hill.

• 4 months later...

Kevin Love and Lebron will be back, not that anyone expected otherwise. Deandre Jordan backed out of a deal and will remain in LA. Lakers have nowhere to go but up from here.