TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jurassic World

Atter

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have reserved seats for the 11th! Worldwide release is on the 12th!

Me and my boyfriend have booked seats for 5pm at our local IMAX on the 11th! Big screen dinos! We've been watching the other three in anticipation (whatever your opinion on the movies, dinosaurs are awesome) and I'm re-reading the books, about a quarter through the Lost World - they're so good!

I'm so excited for this movie I've become unbearable to be around.

We have reserved seats for the 11th! Worldwide release is on the 12th!

Me and my boyfriend have booked seats for 5pm at our local IMAX on the 11th! Big screen dinos! We've been watching the other three in anticipation (whatever your opinion on the movies, dinosaurs are awesome) and I'm re-reading the books, about a quarter through the Lost World - they're so good!

I'm so excited for this movie I've become unbearable to be around.

We're watching in IMAX also!

Okay if you haven't booked Jurassic World's tickets, RUN!!!!! Seriously the best movie ever! 9.6/10

-------------

-------------

SPOILER ALERT, but I'm sparing the good moments so you'll still be surprised.

-------------

-------------

-------------

1. Hey look, no selfie sticks!

2. If you think Merlin is running their parks wrong lately, go watch this! Jurassic World is operated worse than most of the Chinese city parks!

3. Employees should always wear safety devices when doing their works, that way they won't fall into a cage full of Velociraptors.

4. What happened to the "two is one, one is none" rule that every engineer follows?

5. The park seriously is going down with or without Indominus Rex. Only 26,000 visitors and that place is already packed like Magic Kingdom on a summer Saturday. Have they learnt nothing from Geauga Lake???

6. Gyrosphere, oh my god! 26,000 visitors and already has a 2.5 hours line; guests are waiting right under the sun; Entrance sign that nobody can see from the monorail; ONE LOADING PLATFORM?? Only one employee at a station; Intern operating the main panel without assistance; No broadcasting system at the station/queue line; No emergency broadcasting system installed in the cars; Cars are dispatched without safety check; Seat belts brings down the capacity even further; Horribly trained operator that can't even handle a temporary closure (well, supposed to be); No auto drive mode that collects the cars back to the station; Jimmy Fallon comedies that distracts the attention of riders; An average height 16-year-old can almost touch the moving parts of the car; No gravity detection device to keep the seats upright; The only safety device can be opened during the ride; etc etc etc. Geez find a reliable manufacturer!

7. They invested $26 million on the Indominus Rex but can't even erase its memory of the tractor implant?

8. Again, the whole place just screams low capacity to me! Also the water park is way too small and has rides from the 1980s So many good things to learn from Cedar Point yet only picked that up huh?

9. T-Rex, Velociraptor, Spinosaurus and human can be friends!

10. They should never use electric weapon that only works on velociraptors to handle Indominus Rex.

11. So many reference to the first movie! So many great memories!

12. They've added Mercedes-Benz, Coca Cola, Starbucks, Samsung and more to the movie, but not in an awkward way like those terrible Transformers movies.

13. Yeah I watch a bit of New Girl, so I always want to laugh when I see Jake Johnson.

14. Hey when guests are sitting right under the sunlight in the Central American heat, go sell them water, soda, electric fans, ice creams and Slurpee!

I definitely think this won't be a disappointment. It's impossible to live up to the original, but this is DEFINITELY better than the other sequels. There are great theme park jokes, lots of good references to the original, some good humor, and Chris Pratt worked well as the lead. You could tell they used as many practical FX as possible, which is nice. The ending was too over the top/forced CGI for me, and the movie did feature lots of cliche film characters/items to fill it in (stupid kids, awkward love interest), but overall I do think this will exceed peoples expectations and leave them happy.

Bought my tickets a couple of days ago. I had to wait until they had the full movie schedule released to buy the fancy leather recliner seats at our theater. Ill be front and center in the balcony having a nice drink and not dealing with kids as it is 21+ only up there.

Will finally get a chance to see it. Tried over the weekend but the theater was sold out. I will see it in Imax 3D tonight. Reports have been favorable that it is by far the best of the sequels which wouldn't take much.

I can't describe how awesome that movie was and spending the extra for IMAX tickets was definately worth it, went to see it again a few days after in the regular theatre and it just wasn't the same, still awesome tho. I'm sure we'll be off to see it again soon.

Chris Pratt was just superb but I'd expect nothing less. The dinosaurs were beautiful, those raptors really stole the show for me.

Finally saw it yesterday and while good, I have some ideas for the sequel...

* Show annoying people taking selfie stick photos getting munched by that giant pool creature

* Line jumpers get fed to the T-Rex

* Jaded corporate executives, crooked politicians and convicted murderers get locked in with raptors in a Hunger Games/Survivor style competition

And lastly...giant hybrid sharkasaurs!

We just saw it in 3D and IMAX. Very impressed and didn't have headaches from it,

which is saying something for me, lol. We enjoyed it this way.

But - needs a SHARKNADO in the next one.

I must say that I HATED Jurassic World. I was ready to leave the movie 15 minutes into it. . . I guess that the original Jurassic Park was so good that my expectations for Jurassic world were so high that it just failed to meet my expectations.

I found the movie somewhat boring and disappointing. It was a case of more of the same, and was a missed opportunity to do something a bit different with the franchise.

The trailer gave too much away, in the sense that the movie didn't expand on what we saw in the trailer.

For example, in the trailer we see a brief shot of guests in kayaks. I thought that would be an interesting scene, when things go wrong and they're paddling for their lives. The problem is that scene from the trailer, which is a few seconds long, is all we see. There's no more to it. Several other scenes in the trailer are the same.

I feel they didn't take advantage of the fact that there is finally a fully realized Jurassic theme park. Why don't we see the T-Rex chasing down guests in a monorail? Why don't we see the jeep full of guests trying to escape a dinosaur? Instead of using the theme park, most of the action takes place in the forest, and just feels like more of the same from the first movies. Only the Pterodactyl attack took advantage of the setting.

Even the gyro-sphere scene doesn't feel much different than the jeep attack in the first movie. It was also absurd that the gyro-sphere could be controlled by guests. That would be like letting a guest drive the Kilimanjaro Safari vehicle wherever they pleased. I also noticed that the ride vehicle dispatched before the kids did up their safety belts. That alone might have been less realistic than cloned dinosaurs