TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I can't believe that any enthusiasts really care about the T3 opening.

It's probably cuz it's opening in a park that has only 2 other big coasters, neither of which invert.

That still doesn't explain why an enthusiast would care. The general public might care about an inverting coaster, but enthusiasts should not be enthused by an SLC to be point of clamoring about an opening date.

Who are you to tell people what they should and shouldn't look forward to? Quit being a dick about it an accept the fact that people.. oh I'm sorry... "Enthusiasts" are actually excited about it. No one cares that you don't think it's "cool" that we're interested in seeing how the old head banger rides with new trains.

We're all freaking nerds for liking this hobby anyway. Quit trying to be the exclusionary nerd, because someone doesn't nerd the same way you nerd.

And look at the tone you come across with. I would except a civil servant to be more civil. Maybe next week when you return from your temporary ban.

And look at the tone you come across with. I would except a civil servant to be more civil. Maybe next week when you return from your temporary ban.

Buddy, why can't you just let us want the park to open T3? I want to see how much smoother it rides, and I hate walking in that back area of the amusement park because all you have in there now is the Raging Rapids, a closed of section where you get to the ampitheatre, and a closed rollercoaster.

Edited by undercoverunicorn13

Buddy, why can't you just let us want the park to open T3? There's no need to ban anybody for trying to state their opinion on the opinion you made, even if you think it's harsh. Similar to what Coastercard said... T3 is going to help the park exceed and if we want them to succeed and open the ride and you don't then get over it! Not only that, but I'm sorry, but some of us can't go around to many place's every year and I don't want to have to wait until 2016 to ride a rollercoaster with inversions! Is that wrong? No. Also I never got a T2 credit so I want a T3 credit... Plus I also want to see how much smoother it rides, and I hate walking in that back area of the amusement park because all you have in there now is the Raging Rapids, a closed of section where you get to the ampitheatre, and a closed rollercoaster. I'm not trying to be harsh even though I am but if you don't like people being harsh to you than please, GET OVER IT.

Dude, you're not helping your case here at all. Larry expressed his original opinion respectfully, but prozach626 responded rudely.

You would be well advised to take your own advice and "GET OVER IT."

I come to TPR to talk about KK because other sites make it impossible to talk about the park without turning it into a flame war. I think Larry's comments were a tad belittling, but there's no real reason to get worked up as there is a pretty reasonable explanation to why we, as enthusiasts, can be collectively excited/relieved about an SLC opening. (See my last post)

This KK thread has been filled with a lot of positivity in regards to what KK is and can become. Let's not let it devolve into petty bickering about why anyone should or shouldn't care about what the park is opening.

So how about that RMC next year.......

Buddy, why can't you just let us want the park to open T3?

And now you can enjoy a temporary ban for the lack of respect you have for our moderators.

EDIT: I see you apologized, which is why I changed your ban from a permanent to a temporary. I still have zero patience for this. Don't ever let it happen again if you want to be part of our forum.

Edited by robbalvey

So how about that RMC next year?

Well lots of track is gone. The Lola side prelift was the first to be torn up which would've pointed to a mobius loop. But now the other prelift is also gone, so its anybodys game now. My guess is they will rebuild one and create a mobius loop with Lola.

One can still hope for a station flyby too, right?

Normally I wouldn't be excited for the opening/re-opening of an SLC. However since it has new trains/restraints it's a bit different. Will this cause me to go out of my way to go to KK? No. However if they did this to the one at Wild Adventures I would make the 2 hour trip north to go to that park again. While I'm sure even with these new trains/restraints there will be some roughness, the absence of the old head-banging harnesses should provide less headaches....lol

T3 Opens at Kentucky Kingdom

The latest incarnation of Kentucky Kingdom's gut-wrenching suspension roller coaster, T3, is set to open just in time for the holiday weekend.

With more than $2 million in renovations to the trains and the track of the old T2, the new T3 is an entirely different coaster, allowing the rider to comfortably experience every twist and turn of the 2,260 foot steel track. The T3 was designed to be as smooth as possible for riders as they fly through the five inversions and loops.

"You're sitting comfortably, your hanging loose, but still secure — it's really just an exhilarating ride from start to finish," said John Mulcahy, communications and marketing director for Kentucky Kingdom.

Mulcahy credits the replacement of restrictive overhead bars with offering a more comfortable experience for riders as they are suspended over the bright red track.

The new roller coaster begins with a 110-foot climb to the top of the lift hill before dropping riders into a flurry of loops, spins and quick turns. T3 reaches speeds in excess of 50 miles per hour and has a run time of about two minutes.

The T3 roller coaster, dubbed "The Next Generation of Terror," replaces the T2 suspension coaster first built in 1995. It is the eighth new attraction Kentucky Kingdom has unveiled in 2015.

Mulcahy said the new attractions and improvements have breathed new life into the park that first opened in Louisville in 1987.

Kentucky Kingdom has seen growth in the number of out of town visitors deciding to purchase two-day passes for the park, he said. For locals, the theme park is hoping the new attractions will be one more reason to make Kentucky Kingdom a hometown favorite.

"All of this is part of an effort to bring back some of the attractions that made us one of the most thrilling parks in the country," Mulcahy said. "People are seeing that you don't need to travel far to go to a great park anymore."

T3: The Next Generation of Fear, has recently been nominated as one of the Ten Best New Amusement Park Attractions in a USA Today Reader Poll.

You can vote for your top pick once per day until voting ends on July 6 at noon.

I'm interested to ride these train to see how they actually feel, but does anyone else think that the placement of the straps, metal bars and where you hold on to the grab bars looks a little awkward?

Edited by robbalvey

I'm interested to ride these train to see how they actually feel, but does anyone else think that the placement of the straps, metal bars and where you hold on to the grab bars looks a little awkward?

I was thinking the exact thing..... just looking at it makes me feel weird lol.

My first thought of that seat picture was he was saying "what the...?" but my second thought was video game controllers, with those green buttons on top of the handles.

That video looked smoooth. If it is a big improvement, this is something that could affect a bunch more rides, although that idea's probably just a tease.