TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

I read an article a few days ago, when the Land and Enviorment court visited the park, who said a ruling would come during August. Even if they have gotten a preliminary yes now I don't think they can start building until the court have ruled a final yes.

You can continue to listen to an article you read written by someone who I presume has no real connections to the park. Me? I'll listen to the dude that owns the park that called me tonight when they got the news.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article a few days ago, when the Land and Enviorment court visited the park, who said a ruling would come during August. Even if they have gotten a preliminary yes now I don't think they can start building until the court have ruled a final yes.

You can continue to listen to an article you read written by someone who I presume has no real connections to the park. Me? I'll listen to the dude that owns the park that called me tonight when they got the news.

I do believe they have gotten the yes, I was simply stating that I don't think they will be allowed to alter the site of the ride until the court have made the ruling. The ruling may already have been made, it can usually take a few days over here until the document becomes public.

It seams more information is surfing!

www.folkbladet.se/nyheter/norrkoping/domstolen-gav-klartecken-for-wildfire-8178065.aspx

The CEO says that according to the original building plan the ride would have been finished already this fall. They are now going to update the schedule with RMC and Vekoma, but he feels hopeful for a late spring opening!

Great! Now, I assume it's a bit too late for a 2016 opening, right?

Nope. They told me that are "back on track" and things will move forward as they were before.

That's fantastic. Looks like this really might be my first RMC at last.

Dear friends,

We just want to say thank you for all your support. The best wooden roller coaster in the world will make it's debut in 2016 at Kolmården wildlife park.

Reschedule your plans for 2016, Wildfire is back on track!

We will keep you updated both here on themeparkreview.com and at wildfire.kolmarden.com

See you soon,

Mattias and Johan

Dear friends,

We just want to say thank you for all your support. The best wooden roller coaster in the world will make it's debut in 2016 at Kolmården wildlife park.

Reschedule your plans for 2016, Wildfire is back on track!

We will keep you updated both here on themeparkreview.com and at wildfire.kolmarden.com

See you soon,

Mattias and Johan

I'm so glad to hear this news! Congratulations!

Does this mean RMC is now slated for FOUR projects in 2016?

-Dollywood

-Kentucky Kingdom

-Unnamed California

-Kolmarden

Can they manufacture everything? I know they had started on Kolmarden and then halted production...I assume DW's is in full production.

The best wooden roller coaster in the world will make it's debut in 2016 at Kolmården wildlife park.

100% love the confidence behind this statement!

Haha me too! It certainly has the potential.

-Dollywood

-Kentucky Kingdom

-Unnamed California

-Kolmarden

Can they manufacture everything? I know they had started on Kolmarden and then halted production...I assume DW's is in full production.

I'm sure they can, they almost double their factory last year.

-Dollywood

-Kentucky Kingdom

-Unnamed California

-Kolmarden

Are Vekoma manufacturing Wildfire, or do they just act as agents when selling RMCs in europe?

Vekoma only performs the sales duty in Europe for RMC?

I read that they also do the electrical (read: boring) stuff

Technically they can do whatever RMC contracts out to other vendors, but to answer the original question Vekoma is not manufacturing

I am so pumped to hear this! I originally wanted to go on the Scandi trip last year, but it wouldn't have worked out with work. Then I planned for 2015, but upon Wildfire's announcement delayed it till next year! I have been thinking I might have to delay it another year which would have been quite the bummer! Although I'm sure there's a reason to go back every year for those of you that have been!

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier today, Vekoma posted this on their Facebook-page, along with a new render of the ride.

We are back on track with Wildfire, The new record breaking Wood Coaster in cooperation with Rocky Mountains Construction.

11698851_1641143779505203_456519180811712925_o.thumb.jpg.658d1e372222b4366d7d16de3ac8a42e.jpg

11539002_1641143836171864_2520452117697200723_o.thumb.jpg.f009cef6747b2be1077c8b89bf38b64a.jpg

photos: Vekoma

Am I the only one who noticed the Goliath like truss support on the first drop?? Maybe there is even more in store for this coaster than we think! A first drop with supports like Goliath would make this coaster look even more intimidating! Regardless, glad to see the coaster is back on track!

wf.thumb.jpg.01a7185c599cbdea2bb82c4a8e68760a.jpg

Earlier today, Vekoma posted this on their Facebook-page, along with a new render of the ride.

We are back on track with Wildfire, The new record breaking Wood Coaster in cooperation with Rocky Mountains Construction.

Haha I like how they said "in cooperation with Rocky Mountains Construction." as if RMC was just giving a little help with the ride