Jurassic World

Trailer released
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Re: Jurassic World

Postby gisco » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Saw it finally and liked it. Din't care for Claire, thought she was kind of wimpy. When does the sequel come out?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Tornado6 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Jurassic World was really good. It was almost as good as the original IMO. I didn't see the 3D version, though.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:16 am

Finally saw it yesterday and while good, I have some ideas for the sequel...

* Show annoying people taking selfie stick photos getting munched by that giant pool creature
* Line jumpers get fed to the T-Rex
* Jaded corporate executives, crooked politicians and convicted murderers get locked in with raptors in a Hunger Games/Survivor style competition

And lastly...giant hybrid sharkasaurs!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Movie is still rolling at the box office. We'll see how it does this weekend with the Terminator.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:47 pm

We just saw it in 3D and IMAX. Very impressed and didn't have headaches from it,
which is saying something for me, lol. We enjoyed it this way.

But - needs a SHARKNADO in the next one. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby stingrock23 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Saw it twice. Very enjoyable. Not groundbreaking like the first one, but a very fun experience.
2007 TPR Midwest Trip,2008 TPR East Coast Trip,2009 TPR Deep South Trip

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Anything » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:22 am

Saw it in 2D, was wondering how 3D compares.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Still pulling in big numbers for 4 weeks out.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:57 pm

I must say that I HATED Jurassic World. I was ready to leave the movie 15 minutes into it. . . I guess that the original Jurassic Park was so good that my expectations for Jurassic world were so high that it just failed to meet my expectations.
Bigger is not always better.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby BCTom » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:14 pm

I found the movie somewhat boring and disappointing. It was a case of more of the same, and was a missed opportunity to do something a bit different with the franchise.

The trailer gave too much away, in the sense that the movie didn't expand on what we saw in the trailer.

For example, in the trailer we see a brief shot of guests in kayaks. I thought that would be an interesting scene, when things go wrong and they're paddling for their lives. The problem is that scene from the trailer, which is a few seconds long, is all we see. There's no more to it. Several other scenes in the trailer are the same.

I feel they didn't take advantage of the fact that there is finally a fully realized Jurassic theme park. Why don't we see the T-Rex chasing down guests in a monorail? Why don't we see the jeep full of guests trying to escape a dinosaur? Instead of using the theme park, most of the action takes place in the forest, and just feels like more of the same from the first movies. Only the Pterodactyl attack took advantage of the setting.

Even the gyro-sphere scene doesn't feel much different than the jeep attack in the first movie. It was also absurd that the gyro-sphere could be controlled by guests. That would be like letting a guest drive the Kilimanjaro Safari vehicle wherever they pleased. I also noticed that the ride vehicle dispatched before the kids did up their safety belts. That alone might have been less realistic than cloned dinosaurs ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random