TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2019--Be Part of Team TPR!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Morning, Team TPR!! Well, today's the day! We're about 4 hours away from the fundraising deadline (for determining prizes/top fundraisers.....it should be noted that your pages should still be active and able to accept donations after that).

For those in the running for Top Fundraiser spots at parks, good luck!! Hopefully you can snag a spot for Team TPR!

Let's finish this strong!! GO TEAM TPR!

WOW! Am I seeing this correctly? It looks like Team TPR raised more than DOUBLE the amount of money than any other team! Can someone do the numbers and see if that's correct?

Looks like the top three teams across the board are:

1st: Team TPR: $38,849

2nd: ACE for Kids: $18,860

3rd: The DIS: $17,546

Congrats to everyone on all teams as that's amazing, but super congrats to Team TPR! I had NO IDEA we were that far ahead! CRAZY!!!!

Edited by robbalvey

Not to take anything away from the amazing donation tally, but I have a couple of questions for those who have done this before.

What, if anything, are riders permitted to have with them? Is it SOP like any other coaster ride on any other day, or are the marathoners allowed to bring articles such as water, music players, books, cushioning of some type, etc onto the ride? Any advice for us first timers on actually surviving the day?

It's too bad it's Demon again. That's such a tough one to marathon.

Well, I will at least attempt it this year. Not sure which is more abusive to marathon between Demon and Vortex.

Yes, it's really too bad that park is so small that they only have a few rides to chose from for this event.

Not to take anything away from the amazing donation tally, but I have a couple of questions for those who have done this before.

What, if anything, are riders permitted to have with them? Is it SOP like any other coaster ride on any other day, or are the marathoners allowed to bring articles such as water, music players, books, cushioning of some type, etc onto the ride? Any advice for us first timers on actually surviving the day?

Past few years they had a ride twice get off wait a train or two get back on policy. Haven't seen anything about that this year. But it's generally business as usual on a coaster. Depending on park, you are filling in empty seats on a ride.

Some important info for everyone attending the event this weekend - We will want to cover the even and "Live Tweet" from as many parks as possible that Team TPR is participating at. We are looking for photos of our team having fun, sitting in the trains, hanging out, pictures of the park, the coasters, etc. Just overall take us on a journey through your day having a good time at the event!

To send us photos, please send them to us via Facebook or Twitter. You can tweet photos @themeparkreview and then I can retweet them, quote them, or re-post them. You can go to the TPR Facebook page and click "message" and send us a message with a photo attached. You can also email them me at robblavey@themeparkreview.com however that doesn't always work best, but it is an option.

again, please put these in your phone NOW and keep us updated as the event is underway.

Thank you!

Periscope is a little bit more difficult only because it's easy for me to miss and I'd have to be on it, be there when you start a stream, and share it, and remember, tomorrow is our last day to get things all done before we go to Japan so it's going to be sort of a crazy day for me. I'll be able to post photos and stuff, but keeping an eye out for live streams may prove to be a little difficult.

I've been pretty sick the past few days and was hoping to feel better but I still have a bad fever so I won't be making it. So sad I won't make it, but I'll be there in spirit! Hope everyone has a great day!