Photo TR: viking86 returns to Orlando

Day 10/11 - Last days of Disney before going home
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: viking86 returns to Orlando

Postby viking86 » Sun May 31, 2015 11:38 am

Day 7 - EPCOT and Magic Kingdom

For day 7 I didn’t have any specific plans. Well, until the evening the day before when I got the following text message from Robb:

“Garbles is in town tomorrow night. I made some FP at MK if you want to go.”

And with that I suddenly had plans for this day as well. The meetup wasn’t until the evening, which I was fairly happy pleased with, because my feet were in dire need of some rest. I spent the first hours of the day in the apartment at the resort, getting a good breakfast, doing some laundry and watching some football (thats soccer for you Americans, match was between Chelsea - Liverpool if anyone feels the need to know).

Around 2 PM I ran out of patience and headed out. I decided to head to EPCOT first. Spent a couple of hours at the park, did multiple single-rider laps on Test Track and also took a lap around World Showcase before heading up to Magic Kingdom to meet up with the group for the evening.
(thanks to Robb for providing most of the pictures from Magic Kingdom this evening)

7001.jpg
Here I am back at EPCOT for some more Flower & Garden festival.

7002.jpg
EPCOT fountain doing its thing...

7003.jpg
Did several single-rider laps on Test Track. I love this ride, so much fun! And as I have stated previously, the single-rider line moves superfast due to the 3-across seating.

7004.jpg
Chevrolet concept car.

7005.jpg
Another beautiful day around the World Showcase Lagoon.

7006.jpg
Snow White was out meeting guests in Germany.

7007.jpg
Quick food-stop in Japan. This thing had some chicken stuff inside if I remember correctly. Quite tasty!

7007_2.jpg
Beautiful France!

7008.jpg
I ended up taking a lot of World Showcase Lagoon pictures on this trip

7009.jpg
Alice greeting guests in Britain

7010.jpg
EPCOT is so beautiful that you feel you never get enough pictures of it.

7011.jpg
SERIOUSLY!!!

7012.jpg
There was no way I was going to pass by these two without stopping!

7013.jpg
And with that I would say my final goodbye to EPCOT for this trip. Love this park so much and I will definitely be back in the future!

7014.jpg
I headed directly from EPCOT up to Magic Kingdom. Hello castle!

7015.jpg
Met up with the group and instant silliness occured!

7016.jpg
When you forget your space goggles you have to improvise.
(Pssst Tom, the camera is on this side)

7017.jpg
Went for a ride on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I’m very focused, Tom looks beyond bored...

7018.jpg
...and these two guys?? Well.....yeah, not sure what words to put here!

We decided to be very brave and go on Peoplemover again. The outcome was inevitable...

7019.jpg
IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!
7020.jpg
“Hello Periscope viewers, we are stuck on Peoplemover again”
7021.jpg
The whole group! I now have a 67% “getting-stuck rate” on Peoplemover. No evacuation this time though, we were going again within 10 minutes.
7022.jpg
Went for a ride on Splash Mountain and saw a whole lot of Brer Bear Butt which left us all mentally scared for life!
7022_1.jpg
Big Thunder Mountain at night is awesome! It’s a completely different ride compared to during the day.
Riding Big Thunder Mountain at night during Wishes?? UNFORGETTABLE!
7023.jpg
Time for some more Space Mountain. Got my space goggles on now. You can never be too cool for space! (or as Robb is demonstrating, too silly)
7024.jpg
“It sure is dark in space”.
(what the hell is going on behind me?)
7025.jpg
“No Robb, don’t eat the strangers”.
7026.jpg
We all love Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
7027.jpg
So much fun!!!
7028.jpg
Best thing to do after park closing? Laying on the grass of course...
7029.jpg
Jake approves of the grass!
7030.jpg
This might have been the only normal picture taken all evening!
7031.jpg
Look at all these people!
7032.jpg
Not quite sure what’s going on here....
7033.jpg
Is this better?
7034.jpg
And finally we once again say goodnight to Magic Kingdom, this time with a nice view of Space Mountain from the monorail.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun May 31, 2015 1:37 pm

Periscope and Peoplemover don't mix!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Sun May 31, 2015 3:18 pm

This was an insanely fun night at the park!!!

Postby viking86 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:27 am

cfc wrote:Periscope and Peoplemover don't mix!

Maybe, but it gave me some of the most memorable rides of my entire trip! The Peoplemover will forever hold a special place in my heart. :lmao:

Jakizle wrote:This was an insanely fun night at the park!!!

That is a highly accurate description of that evening! So much fun....

Postby viking86 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:06 am

Day 8 - Sea World Orlando

New day, new opportunities. Arrived at Sea World a little after 10 AM and met up with fellow forum member Zach (thepoint4life23) shortly after, for what would become another great day in Orlando.

Some quick notes from the day:
- Sea World has two excellent B&M's, and when Mako opens next year they will have a really strong trio of rollercoasters.
- Excellent operations, two trains running on both Manta and Kraken even with both rides being walk-on all day.
- Wild Arctic is the worst simulator I have been on! The concept and story is cool, but it's just soooooooooooooo dizzying! I refuse to ride this ever again.
- Moving to the other side of the planet, Empire of the Penguin in Antarctica is another dissappointment. It's such a cool ride system that allows for so much, but I feel this ride misses so many opportunities to be great.

Overall I really like Sea World and I sincerely hope that the addition of Mako will bring a brigter future for the park. They have some excellent rollercoasters, but I cannot help but feel that they are a bit behind when it comes to rides.

Anyway, onto the pictures...
8001.jpg
Arriving at Sea World Orlando.
8002.jpg
One of the first things you see at Sea World is the “splashdown” turn on Manta. Very cool feature and it looks excellent! A true eye-catcher!
8003.jpg
First ride we did after meeting up was Journey to Atlantis. Didn’t go on this last year so it was new for me.
8004.jpg
I thought this ride was great fun, and had an acceptable level of wetness.
8005.jpg
We had some time to kill before the killer whale show so we went for a spin on Wild Arctic. When you get to this area you can be happy, as it means you have finished your ride on the most dizzying simulator ever and you don’t have to go on it ever again!
8006.jpg
Plenty of available seating for the show today.
8007.jpg
Jump around!
8008.jpg
SPLASH!
8009.jpg
Spectators on the other side about to be soaked.
8010.jpg
Kraken is a great ride!
8011.jpg
We rode in the front seat for our first ride. It wasn’t until we hit the brake run we realized why our ride was so quiet.... there wasn’t a single person on the ride behind us.
8012.jpg
Kraken monster ready for another summer of eating park visitors.
8013.jpg
We also watched the “Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High” show.
8014.jpg
The show was pretty fun!
8015.jpg
Moving on to Antarctica.
8016.jpg
We took a ride on the “wild” side of Empire of the Penguin. I can understand the critizism that this ride has received. It’s such a cool ride system with so many opportunities, but the ride itself is severely lacking and you end up feeling very dissappointed when the ride is over.
8017.jpg
Penguins are cool animals, but they smell like shit! Literally!
8018.jpg
Look at those fat asses!
8019.jpg
Love the Manta sign!
8020.jpg
The first drop isn’t very spectacular, but it surely gets the ride going!
8021.jpg
This is the moment where all first-time riders go "Oh crap"!
8022.jpg
The pretzel loop is one of my favorite coaster elements ever. Such a unique sensation...
8023.jpg
And I’ll end this short report with a little more love for Kraken. Smooth, some good forces and overall a very fun ride.

Overall it was a good day at Sea World, they have two very good rollercoasters and I’m sure Mako will be an excellent addition to the park. I definitely feel it’s much needed, because apart from the rollercoasters and Atlantis I feel the park is lacking a little when it comes to quality rides.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby thepoint4life23 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:11 am

It was great meeting you. The ride on Kraken was one of the oddest things ever.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:53 am

viking86 wrote:Image

This is one of very few elements I'm absolutely dying to try out!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Postby viking86 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:20 pm

thepoint4life23 wrote:It was great meeting you. The ride on Kraken was one of the oddest things ever.

That sure was a strange ride indeed. I have never had such a "quiet" ride on a B&M (or any other coaster for that matter). Thanks for meeting up with me, I had a great day!

_koppen wrote:This is one of very few elements I'm absolutely dying to try out!

And with good reason, it's easily one of my favorite coaster elements. Heading up into the pretzel loop really gives you a chance to think about what's going to happen, and if you ride in the backseat there is some serious pull going over the top!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dreynolds1982 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:33 am

_koppen wrote:This is one of very few elements I'm absolutely dying to try out!

I've never been on Manta, but the pretzel loop on Superman:UF at SFGa is one of my all time favorite coaster elements. Just an incredibly unique sensation, unlike anything else I've experienced on a coaster. Hard to describe. Definitely something you need to experience for yourself!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:53 pm

^To me, the experience was akin to having an elephant stand on my chest. Not a fan of the pretzel roll, but to each his or her own.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!