The Vegas Thread!

Jew

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think what's weird about the timing of the closure is they are closing right before what surely would have been a huge two weekends for them with Rock in Rio going on.

I think what's weird about the timing of the closure is they are closing right before what surely would have been a huge two weekends for them with Rock in Rio going on.

And of course Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

I booked a room for the last night of operation, I would have kicked myself if I didn't do it.

I just hope that whatever replaces all of these doesn't turn into another failed Las Vegas project!

It won't, LVCVA (Las Vegas Visitors Convention Visitors Authority) purchased the property to expand the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Would be nice if they imploded Fontainbleu to collapse on the Riviera, that would be a site to see and a great way to get rid of the biggest eyesore in our city's history.

• 2 weeks later...

*IF* Resorts World actually opens, the Rock in Rio festival site can get more shows besides just the Rock in Rio one, and SLS somehow manages to survive...I think someone will finally buy that eyesore.

*IF* Resorts World actually opens, the Rock in Rio festival site can get more shows besides just the Rock in Rio one, and SLS somehow manages to survive...I think someone will finally buy that eyesore.

They need some good anchor down at that end to draw in the people. As it is now people won't go past The Wynn.

^Definitely. The expanded convention center will be a good start to help draw business travelers that way, and if MGM is able to keep their new festival site booked with more big shows...that's a solid foundation. Resorts World could be the anchor, since SLS has been floundering.

Las Vegas finally has a football team and its not anything you would expect.

It's an Arena Football team: Las Vegas Outlaws.

A little off topic but there's finally a football team back in LA and its also an AFL team, the LA Kiss.

The funny thing is they don't play in LA but Anaheim.

I worked for the Austin Wranglers Arena Football team when it was around. It was a lot of fun and the games are really good. The league has always struggled, though, so hopefully they will do well. I might have to catch a game when I visit.

• 1 month later...
^Looks Klassy!

one of the most famous parts of the Riviera (the Crazy Girls statue).

they actually just settled a lawsuit over it (Riviera wanted to sell it, but the show is moving to Planet Hollywood, and the statue is moving with it)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...