TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure Advice

Coasterfreak18

Want to go to Six Flags Great Adventure this weekend (weekend of September 13-14) and I need advice on which day. It will be raining tomorrow a bit, which I thought would drive away some people, although perhaps it might close down some rides. But I thought that Sundays are generally slower, although it will be nice weather on Sunday. Thoughts?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
Bump! Looking at Friday through Sunday, which is the best day to go?

Are you looking at this week? Normally I would say Sunday, but Mother's Day can get crowded at SFGAdv as they sometimes run promotions on Mother's Day to bring mom for free, which in turn brings out families. I don't know if they are running that promotion for Season Passholders this year.

Are you looking at this week? Normally I would say Sunday, but Mother's Day can get crowded at SFGAdv as they sometimes run promotions on Mother's Day to bring mom for free, which in turn brings out families. I don't know if they are running that promotion for Season Passholders this year.

Why not Friday, don't you think Friday would be better because people are at work?

This might apply to me soon, too!

I'm considering going to Great Adventure on Friday, May 15th. I've never visited before and I'm unfamiliar with the park and its dynamics. My main questions are:

What day is the best day to visit? (The earlier discussion seems to answer this, though any further elaboration would certainly be helpful)

Is one day enough to get all the credits? (I know it's unlikely, but I'm not sure how bad lines will be and how long it can take to do everything)

What ride(s) would you recommend running to first?

What hotel(s) is/are the best to stay at in the area?

Are the restaurants in the park worth eating at?

Second row or second-to-last row on El Toro?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help me out with these questions!

This might apply to me soon, too!

I'm considering going to Great Adventure on Friday, May 15th. I've never visited before and I'm unfamiliar with the park and its dynamics. My main questions are:

What day is the best day to visit? (The earlier discussion seems to answer this, though any further elaboration would certainly be helpful)

A Friday should be a great day to visit but you never know what groups will be in the park at what time so it's hard to say.

Is one day enough to get all the credits? (I know it's unlikely, but I'm not sure how bad lines will be and how long it can take to do everything)

You should be able to ride everything in a day but budget for a Fastlane just incase the park is flooded with school groups.

What ride(s) would you recommend running to first?

Go to Kingda Ka immediately upon opening because the capacity is terrible thanks to Zumanjaro, the second row is always the shortest wait but the first row is the best by a mile.

What hotel(s) is/are the best to stay at in the area?

What hotels?

Are the restaurants in the park worth eating at?

No

Second row or second-to-last row on El Toro?

The second to last row is the best row on the train. It's really smooth and the airtime on the first drop and the Rolling Thunder hill is ridiculous.

Have a great time!

The second to the back row on Toro also has the advantage of consistently being one of the shortest waits on the train. Because of the way the station is set up, most people don't seem to make it to the back half of the train before picking a row, and those that do tend to go for the very back row. Which is great for people like us!

The only other thing I'll throw out there when you're planning your trip is that while the safari is awesome and a good break during the day, it does take roughly two hours. I made the mistake of jumping on it during my last visit not realizing how big a time commitment it was, and probably missed out on another few rides because of it!

Why not Friday, don't you think Friday would be better because people are at work?

Yes, I implied Friday when I said not to go this Sunday