TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

^ I would say you try Silver Star at least once in the front row! It is really cool! The rest of the coasters, sit where you want!

About the food, Europapark is generally serving good food. But go at least once during your visit to Food Loop! But often there is a long queue outside of Food Loop!

If you stay at a Europapark Hotel, then use the early entrance! Go and ride Wodan and Blue Fire first! Depending on how many people are there it can get a long line! Arthur has also a longer line than others. But try to ride Matterhorn Blitz as early in the morning as possible, because this coaster has the worst capacity!

• 2 weeks later...

here some video rides at Europa Park - i stay there last year in oct.

Arthur - Im Königreich der Minimoys / Arthur - Kingdom of the Invisibles

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Silver Star - the most popular coaster in Europe

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

and so on ... look at my playlist

Worst of all the hypers I have heard. No airtime except for the first drop when me and a friend rode it in the morning. It warmed up later in the day though so maybe a little bit air time on the hills. Arthor was amazing for a family ride !

Arthur is so weird, but in a good way.

How does Silver Star deliver in terms of airtime?

Personally I have had mixed rides on it. I have had some really poor forceless rides, but I also had some pretty decent airtime rides. It did seem too be very temperature dependant. If you want airtime I would suggest taking the drive down to Holiday Park and riding Expedition GeForce!

^Thats strange I dont ever remember any vibrations from the back of the train when I rode before. Why are so many B&Ms now getting weird rattles and vibrations!!!
The "Rattle" happens due to Worn Wheels that have Nicks, Cuts, Flat Spots, etc., and or the Wear of the Rubber Shock Absorbers in the Bogies. All Coasters get Worn Wheels; this is nothing new.

^I didn't say it was a new thing. I have been on many coasters that have aged terribly or due to various factors but I was just stating the fact that its strange how many B&Ms that were so good and so smooth for many years are now getting rattles and vibrations. Daemon at Tivoli Gardens is a prime example of this! The rattle was so bad in the loop you could see the training moving side to side yet in 2009 it was smooth as glass and a really kick arse ride.

Quick question: is there any way to save money on Europa Park tickets for 2 days?

I have a discount from the European Coaster Club which gives me the entrance at group rates but I need another one for a friend. Any idea?

I live in Switzerland and I thought maybe Coop or Migros have something.

Quick question: is there any way to save money on Europa Park tickets for 2 days?

I have a discount from the European Coaster Club which gives me the entrance at group rates but I need another one for a friend. Any idea?

As far I know, Europa-Park is one of the only parks in Europe who hasn't discounts on it's parktickets. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

^ If you become a member of Club TPR, there are numerous benefits

and savings, currently available to a lot of parks around the world. Including Europa!

(And many many thanks to Club TPR for getting all these discounts, too.)

I don't know, maybe Migros and Coop just sell Tickets in advance for CHF instead of €, but I don't really know it. I always paid there. But if you have Clup TPR Membership then you get discounts!

The park are currently making major alterations to their Splash Battle. The ride will be called 'Whale Adventures: Northern Lights' from July 2015 and EP are adding 2 dark ride sections and new thematic elements, along with a new ride entrance and bridge. I believe the aim is to reduce the 'soaking' aspect of the ride and instead make it into more of a scenic indoor/outdoor boat ride in a bid to attract more riders.

English-language EP facebook page EuropaStreet has updated with some images from today of the development as it is ongoing:

11071167_1561977460734092_6010192969341197116_n.jpg?oh=b8c6995f23a75372236981de6b7ec4d7&oe=55E17870

11173335_1561977527400752_7098053193699846444_n.jpg?oh=789353dccb3f6e00038d3516597e0e4b&oe=55D8A417

More images via the above EuropaStreet FB page.

• 3 weeks later...

i haven´t found a thread about VR-coasters, but i think it is really too intresting tohide it from the community. So cause of Europa Park and Mack rides supported the students by researching and building a company, think this will be the best place to post it!

Since some students and Mack tested VR on a BlueFire they started testing more different experiences on most of their coasters... and it seems to be awesome. So they now seem to have build a company which creates ride VR experiences:

So in the mean time, it seems they reached the point were the figured out most problems like safety, synchronization and a lot more to get a great experience...

And so they showed a lot more videos from their first tests:

- their first experience, fantasy-scenario on BlueFire:

- a flying islands experience on Pegasus:

- an underwater experience on BlueFire:

- a space mine ride on BlueFire:

- and a cartoonish lokking eastern/asian town flyby on BlueFire:

Like seen in the first video, they seemed to have already tested it a on some more coasters like EuropaParks powered coaster "Alpenexpress" and on your beloved "EuroMir".

And there are a lot of pics from other projects like a "Tron"-like ride, a fruity experience and even an interactive space battle:

It is really interesting and i can´t wait to test it in real life since i am huge coaster fan and i am working with the oculus rift dk2 on my own at my university.

And now i just read some rumors that they maybe will renew their coaster "EuroSat" (which was often said since years on fan meetings) but then with a VR-experience! That really would be great because EuroSat was my first big Coaster as child in my home Park "Europa Park" and i really hope that this will be true.

So can´t wait what we will see with VR "mixed Reality rides" (as i call it) in the future

If you want to know more about the project there are a lot more pictures and infomations about it on their homepage. All the videos and images are from the same source:

www.vr-coaster.com

EDIT: There is one more short video from their powered coaster on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/europapark/videos/10152803396336440/