TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point/Kings Island trip

Zanatifox

Hey guys,

Another TPR member and I are taking a road trip this summer to Cedar Point and Kings Island. We are from Minnesota and already have Gold Season passes to Valleyfair here, which is a Cedar Fair park. We are trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade to Platinum (which covers entrance to all Cedar Fair parks for 2015) or pay the entrace fees to 4 days worth of parks. What benefits does our TPR membership include as far as admission to Cedar Point and Kings Island include?

Help some girls out?

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Another TPR member and I are taking a road trip this summer to Cedar Point and Kings Island. We are from Minnesota and already have Gold Season passes to Valleyfair here, which is a Cedar Fair park. We are trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade to Platinum (which covers entrance to all Cedar Fair parks for 2015) or pay the entrace fees to 4 days worth of parks. What benefits does our TPR membership include as far as admission to Cedar Point and Kings Island include?

Help some girls out?

Thanks!

If the cost differential between the two types of passes is less than four days admission, then buy the platinum passes. Assume even if you find discounts, you'll pay $35 per day) plus parking (about $15 per day per park). I think it is easy to see that 4 park days outside your home park makes the Platinum Pass the better value.

... And don't forget that with a Platinum Pass you get early entry to both parks. If you're staying on site at Cedar Point you'd get this anyway but then a Platinum Pass gives you a discount when booking a hotel room (I believe but you may want to double check that).