TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

It looks pretty awesome for a solid compact addition! As AJ mentioned it seems to have moments of potentially good forces. Especially it appears to take the bottom of the loop pretty intensely. Should be exciting to hear reviews of this once it opens.
Wicked hits 4.85 Gs, so I would imagine Impulse would be Similar.

No offense to Gerstlauer, but this is much more interesting than a standard Euro-Fighter, which would have likely fit in the same footprint.

This isn't really a shock. The first law of the universe is that anything built at Knoebels will somehow be better than rides that appear to be the same basic thing at other parks. I don't know why this is always the case but it always is even when it's completely unexpected (just look at rides like StratosFear and Kozmos Kurves).

Impulse looks like it will be a hit! I will say though that Zierer's trains are atrocious.
I think the Trains on Wicked look a lot better with the Mechanics for the Laptrays Hidden and the Less Clunky Looking Laptray Bases, again, covered in Diamond Plate. It also appears Knoebels didn't get the Trains with Stadium Seating either. I also wonder why they didn't go with the Booster Seats to get the Minimum Height down to 46".

^ They did, though their height requirement will be 48" with the seat insert. Also, concerning the stadium seating - keeping both cars the same will let them switch them around if needed.

^ They did, though their height requirement will be 48" with the seat insert. Also, concerning the stadium seating - keeping both cars the same will let them switch them around if needed.
Thanks! I'm happy they did indeed go with the Booster Seats! With the On Board Monitoring System mounted to the Back of Each Train, it's not really possible to switch them around though.

if I remember correctly I used to get RI- 8 10 or 12.

Oh hey, RI-12 is my site, too, every year for quite a few years running now ^^ Great location.

Damn. I've spent too much of this thread now, my resistance has crumbled... I thought I could do it. I thought I could manage a summer without a trip to Knoebels, since I'm making a pilgrimage to Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Point, and King's Island...but it's just not going to happen. I can't. Phoenix and Twister are calling, and Impulse is looking great. Guess I need to do a little reworking of my summer budget...

Managed to get a quick, and surprise video of Impulse testing over the weekend. Sorry for the strange focusing and slight shake, it was spur of the moment and I had no better camera equipment with me than my cell phone. The ride is almost eerily quiet as it goes through the course. I know it has no riders but even empty it has almost no roar to it. Still looks impressive though.

Just found some home video from the late nineties. My cousin and I had a blast riding Phoenix over and over. It was crazy to see AXS in action. Power Surge replaced it but AXS was the superior ride.

Just found some home video from the late nineties. My cousin and I had a blast riding Phoenix over and over. It was crazy to see AXS in action. Power Surge replaced it but AXS was the superior ride.

AXS (a Zamperla Mixer, for the uninitiated) certainly looked interesting. It went down during the only visit I ever saw it in operation, unfortunately stopping with its arms upside-down!

They've fixed it now.

I think whoever gave the bumper cars an intensity rating of "1" hasn't been on them enough.

I'm disappointed that they jumped straight to $3 for Phoenix and Twister this year.

• 2 weeks later...

So in reading a news site online, Knoebels is trying to open Impulse this weekend which depends on how fast they finish the station.

It looks like a fourth train has been added to Flying Turns, 2001 Nacht (flying carpet) will be open, Power Surge will be open later in the summer, and the Giant Wheel will be open but its new LED lighting will be finished later on.

Also there will be terminals for buying tickets using debit or credit cards.

Source: www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/04/knoebels_pushing_to_have_new_r.html

Yep, lots of little ch- ch- changes. The fourth Flying Turns train is supposed to be a really bright red / pink.

I'm hoping for at the very least a soft-opening tomorrow for Impulse! Even if it isn't open, I've gone to Knoebels on opening day for the past few years now, so...

I was just about to ask, does anyone know when the official opening for Impulse is? (If there is one yet)

Looks a like a fun ride and great addition to this great lil park. I had a great time last year, absolutely going again!

Well seems like it'll be soon! Its a 2ish hour drive for me. If anyone wants to ever go, PM me!