TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Man, I absolutely LOVE the slanted brake section before the drop. The suspense would be awesome!

I still can't work out what order the elements are from that POV. I'm guessing there's an inline twist in the darkness and then a vertical loop after the launch followed by the Dog Tongue. But then what?

After that, it looks like a GIANT corkscrew. After the lift hill, it looks like a diving loop like on Riddler's Revenge, followed by a stretched version of the cutback inversion on Drachen Fire, and then finally an immelman. I'm really liking the fact that this coaster uses inversions that haven't really been done before, nor named. Makes it that much more interesting!

• 1 month later...
It was doing one train every ninety seconds or so for my visit, so I'd say three hundred per hour approx.

Seriously? How can you dispatch a 8-person car in 90 seconds? Even with one attendant per car it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds or so...

It was doing one train every ninety seconds or so for my visit, so I'd say three hundred per hour approx.

Seriously? How can you dispatch a 8-person car in 90 seconds? Even with one attendant per car it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds or so...

You've never been to Fuji-Q.

Every 90 seconds sounds like the crew was hauling ass.

Well, lets see.

1) Insist that riders leave all personal possessions in station l0ckers. This includes the contents of zipped pockets and glasses with straps.

2) Waist level seat belts (not seen on any other Eurofighter AFAIK) which the operators insist on checking and pulling to painfully tight *before* the overhead is lowered.

3) Pushing the overheads as tight as possible, and buckling seat belts into overheads.

4) Rechecking everything again despite the green lights on the car indicating restraint locked.

5) Read out safety announcement in Japanese.

6) Ask riders if they understand.

7) Dispatch.

As larrygator says, ninety seconds actually isn't bad for Fuji-Queue. The only reason that was being achieved was that the l0cker process was handled separately from the boarding, which I'm certain doubled throughput.

Such a pity the coaster was so good... hopefully a clone will be built in a pleasant park at some stage.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi peeps.

I'm planning a trip to Japan next month and came across this theme park Fuji-Q. I see that the four main rollercoasters look awesome and I'm really keen to pay a visit but I see that almost all reviewers have talked about ridiculously long queues and waiting times. So my strategy is as follows:

- Travel to Kawaguchiko the night before and stay overnight. The next morning I'll go to Fuji-Q early to join the queue outside the gates (should I aim to be there an hour early say 8:30am?).

- Although I'd prefer not bring my trip forward, I'm thinking of visiting on Friday 18th July which I understand is the last day of the school term (although some middle schools have already finished by then?). That way I hope to avoid lots of kids who presumably won't be able to go until the next day.

- On the opening of the gates, I plan to go straight to the shop that sells the fastpasses (do I literally need to run there? If so I'll pack my running shoes I plan to buy the unlimited rides entry for 5000 yen and then buy one fastpass for each of the four main coasters.

A few questions:

- Will going on the day I mentioned make a noticeable difference to the crowds or should I just go there any day and follow the rest of the strategy mentioned? Like I said I'd prefer not to have to bring the trip forward by another day if it won't make much difference to the amount of time I end up waiting around.

- Roughly how many fastpasses are sold, i.e. will the queues still be quite long even for fastpass holders? On an average day such as a school day Friday, what sort of wait should I expect with and without fastpasses?

- What spacing should I use in terms of the times for each fastpass? I understand that they have a window of one hour in which you can use each one (and if you miss that do they become useless?)

- Is it still best to get the unlimited rides entry or should I just get park entry and pay per ride (plus the fastpass cost which I assume is additional)? If I get through all four rides with the help of the fastpasses then would you expect me to be able to get onto many more rides without the help of the fastpasses in the remaining time? It seems it may not matter too much either way because the cost of entry + one ride on the 4 main coasters is roughly the same as the unlimited pass...I suppose any additional rides without fastpasses would be a bonus if I opted for the unlimited pass.

- How bad does rain have to be to close the rides? Will it be closed for drizzle or just proper rain?

- I'll most likely be going there alone so is there any opportunity to skip ahead where groups of people wish to stay together and not fill one or two seats left in a carriage?

If any of you can help the questions above and/or impart some advice based on your experience that'd be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

Rhys

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like Fuji-Q is expanding on their Neon Genesis Evangelion theming by adding a new attraction and renaming/theming Takabisha to the anime franchise. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/06/evangelion-projection-mapping-attraction-opens-at-fuji-q-highland

The Fuji-Q Highland amusement park in Fujiyoshida, Yamanashi, Japan, is welcoming a new attraction beginning on April 25, 2015: the Evangelion Projection Mapping event.

The 6 minute attraction uses “projection mapping” techniques to propel the audience into the world of Neon Genesis Evangelion. During the live event, the audience play the role of a delegation to the Evangelion: World base at Fuji-Q Highland. They interact with Shinji and Misato, but things get messy when Angels attack and Eva Unit 01 goes out of control.

In addition to the new attraction, the “Evabisha” roller coaster is returning, in which the theme park converts its legendary Takabisha roller coaster into an Evangelion-themed attraction. The Takabisha is renowned for its 121 degree drop angle – purportedly the steepest in the world – and its max speed of 140 kilometers per hour (87 miles per hour).

The “Evabisha” version of the roller coaster first appeared in 2012 for a limited time, but starting April 25, 2015, it will have another run.

The announcement of these attractions notes that due to the installation process, access to the life-size Eva-01 model will be unavailable from April 6 to April 24, 2015.

Source: Animeanime.jp

The interactive attraction sounds pretty similar to Hershey's Chocolate World's 4D Mystery Show and Turtle Talk with Crush where guests will interact with the characters.

^ I will have to check that out when I go this summer.

Speaking of, I'm planning a trip to Fuji-Q Highlands this 11-14 of June. This is a trip planned through the base travel agency (its a steal though) and I was wondering what order should I do the rides in? This will be my first time at the park and I was just wondering. I will have only one day at the park though as I will be staying in Tokyo and there is a free day so I could go but I would have to pay the way there (and I am planning to go to Tokyo Disneyland that one day). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

^Go to which ever ride is open and doesn't have a four hour line!

Seriously though, run directly to one of the big 4 (Takabisha, Fujiyama, Dodonpa, Eejanaika). Then go to the kiosk near the Wild Mouse Coaster and get fast passes for the other coasters.

^Go to which ever ride is open and doesn't have a four hour line!

Seriously though, run directly to one of the big 4 (Takabisha, Fujiyama, Dodonpa, Eejanaika). Then go to the kiosk near the Wild Mouse Coaster and get fast passes for the other coasters.

Then go to the shrine and pray it doesn't rain.

A bit off topic but I wonder if they could be getting a new ride next year as there seems to be a trend of installing a coaster 5 years after the previous one: 1996 - Fujiyama, 2001 - Dodonpa, 2006 - Eejanaika, 2011 - Takabisha. Just a thought, though.

^ A B&M would be nice. I don't think they will get an intamin, as they already have the main three types of coasters intamin makes, launch, hyper, and multi looper.

The capacity of B&M coasters is too much for Fuji-Q. Unless B&M can develop 2 car trains

The capacity of B&M coasters is too much for Fuji-Q. Unless B&M can develop 2 car trains

Seriously, though. I went to Fuji-Q over the summer. Even though Fujiyama and Dodonpa were running 2 trains their lines moved unbelievably slow. I was lucky to get onto Fujiyama on the last train before they determined it was too rainy. Terrible operations; I'm sure even with a full-on Diamondback-style B&M train Fuji-Q would manage to run it at 400 riders per hour.