TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Airline do you fly?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We mainly fly with British Airways to the States. really nice people onboard.

Although, I have to say I hate/love Ryanair. We flew with them to Italy.

Ryanair is just like a bus...you buy your ticket and just find a seat. No allocated seat for you. So, when we were like the last people on board, there weren't any sets of 3. But there were 2 seats at one side of the plane, and 1 seat opposite it. The one with 1 seat had really nice Italian girls in it, but then the other person beside my mom and dad, moves so they can let me sit there. Grrr......

• 8 years later...

Locally, Virgin Australia. Always had good experiences with these guys, both on domestic flights and to and from LA.

In the US I tend to fly Southwest. Free bags and inexpensive airfares are a win, and I typically shell out for the early-bird check-in option too.

We don't look that much on the airlines we take, we just want good quality. For example, for our vacations to Turky and Egypt, we were flying with Air Berlin, Edelweiss Air or Sun Express. To London with Easy Jet. To the USA with Delta and this summer we go to Florida with Swiss.

JetBlue is my preferred airline, so whenever possible I usually try to book with them. If not JetBlue, I usually end up with either Delta or United (more often United since they tend to be cheaper, though I like Delta better). Southwest is great as well, but more often than not they don't have a good schedule for me or their prices are higher than other options so I don't fly them often.

Least favorite airline: American. I don't fly with them unless there isn't another good choice.

I've flown on various different airlines, though United is the one that I fly the most. I generally just look for the cheapest option since all the U.S Airlines are terrible at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

What our AirMiles gets us, lol!

I used to fly with United a lot, on my earlier trips to the States.

But now, it's whatever is available, and works with our travel schedule, etc.

But it still is a good deal, with us only having to pay fees/taxes for any flight,

instead of the whole coast of the flight, itself.

Air Asia needs mention here, and I expect to be a repeat customer. I'm in northern Malaysia for work and didn't think I'd get a chance to get on any coasters, IE Kuala Lumpur or Singapore. On a whim I just checked, and the flights were so reasonable that I booked one, even knowing there's a good chance I'll have to miss it and eat the cost. I'm talking $30-100 options, direct round trip. Of course, I haven't actually experienced the flight yet. But reviews are fine.

Meanwhile, Singapore Air (one of the best for trans-continental Asian flights) - I'm looking at $1000+ for the KL route .... with a layover .... tripling the total flight time each way. LOL!!

Related: Among the discount travel sites, Kayak is winning my appreciation lately. No affiliation.

I've flown many different airlines, but many favorite I've flown by far was British Airways in 2001 and 2004. I'll be flying ANA for the first time this June so we'll see if that tops BA. My favorite airline for domestic flights I've been on is Virgin America. I usually book with a combination of what's cheapest, most convenient, and the least amount of pointless connections in mind. If a flight is only like $25 more than the cheapest one to be on a more convenient flight or a better airline, I'm definitely going for that. And on long international flights I'd be willing to pay up to $100 more to be on a top international carrier over a mediocre domestic one.

The airline I have the most miles on currently is AA with just over 23,000, but I'm about to get over 30,000 miles on United very soon.

• 3 weeks later...

What ever is cheap and fits my schedule. I try and avoid United because they have screwed me over a couple of times. Out of Fresno American has worked the best for me but next week I will be flying Delta and they were great when I flew with them earlier this year.