TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Me and the spouse (I scared for life last year by taking on El Toro) are planning this years trip to the U.S. so the news of Batman going backwards came at the right time: Now I know during what dates we need to go. I missed Kingda-Ka and Superman last year so I have to go there this year anyway making Batman a nice little bonus.

Wouldn't surprise me if has something to do with the solar panel farm that they plan on adding.

I did hear someone mention that they got an email survey recently asking about the idea of building a luxury campground or hotel. Having heard this over the last several years, it really does make me wonder if Six Flags might have the idea of turning Great Adventure into more of a destination park like Hershey or Cedar Point. I mean they already have a water park and a decently-sized theme park with some popular rides, all it would take are a few more attractions in both parks, a company-owned hotel or two, and a few more things here and there. Plus once the solar farm is built, it would cut down on their electric bill and given them more money to work with in the long-run.

Ultimately it might bring in more businesses, hotels, and restaurants to Monmouth Road, which doesn't have as many places outside the park like others do.

Yeah, I'm in agreement its probably just going to be a picture of El Diablo construction. The ride has been there since December and the park opens in just three days, so now seems like the best time for this park to start construction on their brand new flashy carnival ride.

We already had the Namtab announcement, they aren't going to announce the 2016 attraction just yet, I guess there is a slim chance the state agreed to a fix for Z:DOD and KK to run together? That would be kickass.

I think you guys will appreciate the announcement. That's all I'm saying about it. Haha

Based on this gotta be the KK/Z:DOD thing, or a path opening up somewhere. That's all we entitled assholes care about, lol.

Actually, I bet it's gonna be holiday in the park...

If it's holiday in the park and they run even a few coasters (besides the obvious 2) I'll be beyond ecstatic. I wish nobody had suggested this because now I'm in for such a letdown if it's anything else.

Actually, I bet it's gonna be holiday in the park...

If it's holiday in the park and they run even a few coasters (besides the obvious 2) I'll be beyond ecstatic. I wish nobody had suggested this because now I'm in for such a letdown if it's anything else.

Does not seen feasible to me to run any major coasters, nor would the event be popular (outside of those living within 10 miles of the park) when there are so many other entertainment options

I would tend to agree but at their winter adventure event a few months ago they were very open abut the fact that they were seriously exploring the concept of doing a Holiday event with a many rides and coasters as possible and that they had already had multiple meetings about it so we have reason for optimism.

Let me add that both SFOG and SFMM both announced their HITP in April, I believe MM announced it April 8th so pretty close dates. Plus big bright and shiny all fit it...

I don't know about you guys but I'm sure a lot of people including myself would make a trip in December to ride a coaster

If it is Holiday in the Park, and they're able to do it with at least some of the bigger coasters, I'd most likely go. But I agree that an event like this at Great Adventure would not be very successful.

Anybody know the operating temperatures for any of the rides? Any workers of the past?

Starting to get worried making the 9 hour trek for Saturday. With high 40s low 50s I'm afraid things won't be operating. Any insight? I'm having flashbacks to the valley of bizarro at SFNE during a test ride...

Anybody know the operating temperatures for any of the rides? Any workers of the past?

Starting to get worried making the 9 hour trek for Saturday. With high 40s low 50s I'm afraid things won't be operating. Any insight? I'm having flashbacks to the valley of bizarro at SFNE during a test ride...

Don't worry. Great Adventure has no interest whatsoever in temperature or weather in general. We rode Nitro last year in the sleet. I can't stress enough how much this park doesn't care.

And on that note (with the good stuff bolded for emphasis)

New Holiday in the Park® Festival Captures the Magic of the Season at Six Flags Great Adventure

This winter, the Santa tracker will lead right to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson. The world’s largest theme park announced today that Six Flags Entertainment’s annual holiday extravaganza — Holiday in the Park — will debut November 21 and run weekends and select days through January 3, 2016. Millions of glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa’s village, animals and many popular rides will magically transform the summer thrill destination into a winter wonderland, and will be included with all season passes and active memberships.

Holiday in the Park will provide an escape from the hustle and bustle of the shopping rush, and a way for guests to create their own magical, memorable holiday moments. A visual feast will await just inside the gates as six areas of the park undergo a massive makeover that showcases the world’s best holiday traditions. Each area will be an emotional journey, and bring the warmth of the season to guests in an entirely new way.

“Holiday in the Park will be a winter spectacular on every family’s must-do list and is included with every season pass and membership,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald. “We have invested years of research into making this the most incredible and immersive seasonal experience it can be, combining holiday traditions with thrills that are uniquely Six Flags.”

Stunning light shows, illuminated, towering trees, the iconic smell of fresh pine and crisp peppermint filling the air and festive street vendors offering sweet and savory treats will provide a multi-sensory journey of winter delights. Kids can join Santa in his workshop and enjoy fun, hands-on crafts and activities. A new entertainment program will feature a tree lighting spectacular, grand stage production, live carolers and a nightly awe-inspiring finale. Regardless of the weather forecast, a touch of magic will ensure that snowflakes fall gently every evening.

Holiday in the Park also features nearly 30 thrilling rides such as SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel, Buccaneer, Parachutes and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy pint-sized thrills in the Adventure Seaport area. Coaster fans can conquer indoor coasters like THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Skull Mountain, and world-class coaster thrills like Nitro, BATMAN™: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, weather permitting.

Guests can create their own Holiday in the Park memories for free with a Six Flags Season Pass and active Membership. The event will be even merrier as meals are also included in the All Season Dining Plan program. More information about Holiday in the Park will be available on the web during the coming months.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 53 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park.

Six Flags Great Adventure delivers holiday thrills from world-class coasters to rides the entire family can enjoy together.

We’re well-known for thrills and serious coasters but we also have plenty family rides of that moms, dads and kids can all experience together. Most of our rides are open during Holiday in the Park. Check back often as we update our coasters and holiday-themed attractions.

Holiday in the Park Page

Woohoo!!!!!

If the weather really allows them to get their B&Ms up and running in winter, sign me up. But this of course all remains to be seen. Its interesting that the park only lists their B&Ms, besides Bizarro.