Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Newest coaster / theme park sim, currently in development
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
User avatar
 
Posts: 483
Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Location: Mallorca
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby Projektion » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Am I the only one that finds these last 2 users comments rather suspicious?
Coasters: 90
Favorite Steel: Taron
Favorite Wood: Balder

My Youtube channel, where I make all sorts of NL2 creations

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Mar 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby BeckysFootSlave » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:48 pm

Projektion wrote:Am I the only one that finds these last 2 users comments rather suspicious?


Suspicious? Why? Wait am I maybe in the wrong thread or forum :?r ?

Let me read the Topic again: "Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread", well NO I'm gladly NOT in the wrong one :kiss:

I just can say anyone who still compares TPS with other Games (atm) and says TPS is "hard" or has a "high learning curve", I would say he/she didn't touched the game since phase 3?

Anyone who owned a "Early Access" copy of TPS should take a look at the newest update and try some things, and also especially after the next update that is coming (Phase 7)! =) =) =)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Mar 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby karmacomposer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:22 am

Projektion wrote:Am I the only one that finds these last 2 users comments rather suspicious?


I bought and paid for both software, as well as a myriad of others. Why am I not allowed to speak my mind here and on other forums about either software. I'm actually a fan of both titles, but find TPS to be a bit more 'fun' to play with.

As an avid coaster enthusiast AND coaster software enthusiast, I believe my opinion matters, just like anyone else's.

If you are allowed to post here, so am I.

Mike

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.
User avatar
 
Posts: 87
Joined: 22 May 2014
Gender: None specified

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby Marney » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:45 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh god this is glorious.
You may think that the people you are conversing with on this board are real, but, in fact, they are all my alts.

Looks like it's just you and me.

You handsome stud ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:54 pm

BeckysFootSlave wrote:it is incredible to watch the efford this Developer is making and giving us all to bring our imagination to life :)


:lmao:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...
User avatar
 
Posts: 5907
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:12 pm

BeckysFootSlave wrote:The Devs of TPS continue their hard work every day and with still listening to the community! Many many community-related things are put in the last update...

Honestly, this whole thing sounds like a press release. If you're really a "normal" player like you say you are, stop just going down the phase features and repeating "it's so easy" and actually show us WHY you think it's so easy to use.

Theme Park Studio will NOT be easy for everyone - much like Sketchup, an application that most 3D artists get their start in, is not easy for everyone either.

I refuse to be a part of Early Access for Theme Park Studio because when I backed them initially I was promised a full retail release over a year ago, WITHOUT having to deal with the middleman that is Steam. I'm not going to touch it until it's fully finished, because I have more important things to worry about at this point in my career. Also, for the record, I AM butthurt about it.

Also, I call shenanigans on this line here -
karmacomposer wrote:...not only is it easier to use, but more powerful, too.

I'd like you to tell me with a straight face that Theme Park Studio is more powerful than NoLimits 2. They may be on close levels to each other overall, fine, but nothing comes close to the accuracy, real-world usage and presentation capabilities of NoLimits 2. I'm coming to you as a person who uses NoLimits 2 in conjunction with other applications to create believable 3D scenes of attractions and parks, and what I have seen of Theme Park Studio doesn't even begin to match the stuff that I can make myself with NoLimits 2's assistance.
Last edited by A.J. on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:13 pm.
Image
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby ShodanSteam » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:33 pm

I don't think Theme Park Studio is hard, it's just different. Once you get used to it, just like any other new application/game it's no big deal. Along with myself, others have gone back to RCT3, now being used to Theme Park Studio, and found RCT3 hard to navigate. It's what you get used to, different is not bad it's just different. I have several hundred hours in TPS and I'm very familiar with the tools and menus, but I still find new ways to do things all the time - that's what makes it great every project or park you do you find something new to try and each time your parks look better and get done faster.

I've said it before there's not many theme park games on the market, really we have Roller Coaster Tycoon, No Limits, and now Theme Park Studio. Each has it's strengths but like others here right now I play the most of Theme Park Studio because it's easy enough to build what I want and frankly as of late is starting to look pretty realistic, just look at those screens! The particle phase is going to add a lot to it. There's nothing wrong with RCT and NL either, play them, enjoy them, support them there's no reason to bash one over the other because as stated each one offers something different and has their own strengths.

I've also said right now I think Theme Park Studio has the most potential over the next couple years, I mean for early access it's already impressive and some of these screens are pretty darn realistic. It's being compared to products that have been on the market for multiple years and had multiple releases, that's just not fair. I'm enjoying TPS greatly, I enjoy RCT and NL too, but I'm really excited to see what the future holds for TPS in the coming year(s).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby ShodanSteam » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:37 pm

@ AJ, you can't see my face but I promise it's straight .... TPS has more powerful tools than NL2 in several areas. :p

I agree for realistic coasters NL2 is tops right now, there are some impressive videos out there I think you even have some you initials look familiar, but when it comes to sounds, paths, landscaping, flat rides, animations, custom textures, and the total theme park experience TPS is more powerful, sorry but it is. It still early access too, imagine when the particles and lighting get implemented along with guests in the park....

What makes TPS more powerful is that I don't have to go outside of TPS to create these things, everything I do except some textures are done in TPS only (no sketchup, no modeling program) just TPS and .jpgs from around the net. I've built a log flume, water slide, and many coasters and parks in TPS and they take me a fraction of the time to build that NL2 does. NL2 is a great program, but so is TPS. To reiterate what I said above both offer something different and each has strengths the other does not.
Last edited by A.J. on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:46 pm.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!
User avatar
 
Posts: 891
Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Gender: Male

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby fraroc » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:59 am

ShodanSteam wrote:I don't think Theme Park Studio is hard, it's just different. Once you get used to it, just like any other new application/game it's no big deal. Along with myself, others have gone back to RCT3, now being used to Theme Park Studio, and found RCT3 hard to navigate. It's what you get used to, different is not bad it's just different. I have several hundred hours in TPS and I'm very familiar with the tools and menus, but I still find new ways to do things all the time - that's what makes it great every project or park you do you find something new to try and each time your parks look better and get done faster.

I've said it before there's not many theme park games on the market, really we have Roller Coaster Tycoon, No Limits, and now Theme Park Studio. Each has it's strengths but like others here right now I play the most of Theme Park Studio because it's easy enough to build what I want and frankly as of late is starting to look pretty realistic, just look at those screens! The particle phase is going to add a lot to it. There's nothing wrong with RCT and NL either, play them, enjoy them, support them there's no reason to bash one over the other because as stated each one offers something different and has their own strengths.

I've also said right now I think Theme Park Studio has the most potential over the next couple years, I mean for early access it's already impressive and some of these screens are pretty darn realistic. It's being compared to products that have been on the market for multiple years and had multiple releases, that's just not fair. I'm enjoying TPS greatly, I enjoy RCT and NL too, but I'm really excited to see what the future holds for TPS in the coming year(s).


That's exactly it, you kind of have to adjust yourself away from RCT3 when it comes to TPS. While they are similar, they're also pretty different. If I could describe the coaster building in TPS, I'd describe it as RCT for the big boys.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!
 
Posts: 392
Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby Cj1990 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:29 am

There has got to be an undo button for this program. I couldn't figure it out the other day when I was messing around with the coaster editor.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron