TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip to Europa Park

rollercoasterpics004

Hi! Before I start, this goes out to everyone, not just Robb, so feel free to respond. Me and my family are going to Europa Park during our Germany vacation, so I wanted to ask you guys for any tips to get the most coasters in (really want Blue Fire credit) and to have the all-around best experience at the park. Also, we are staying for one night at the Hotel Bell Rock on site, so if you guys have anything of note you want to tell me feel free to comment below!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying at the hotel will help as you'll have early access into the park. We've never had a problem getting all of the coasters in a day on our visits but the park can get VERY busy during the height of Summer. It will depend on when you go and the weather. Make sure to take time and check out stuff other than just the coasters as the park is AMAZING!!!

Lines that i think build up the most crowd:

- Euro Mir

- Wodan

- Bluefire

- Silver Star

And proberly the longest line i've even seen in Europa, Matterhorn Blitz!

But don't skip something just because it has a line, Europa Park is the best park for capacity in Europe! Lines go by really fast, a full line at Eurosat proberly takes about 25/30 minutes, and you just keep on walking...

If you can use the Hotel access you are near Wodan and Bluefire so you and your family can have a relaxing day at the park.

• 3 weeks later...

On which day are you visiting?

I'd call or mail the hotel about the early entry. And make sure you arrive there in time, many people will check out in the morning just when when you want to check in. The early entry also opens a little early as well.

For the Rides:

Use early entry if possible, but make sure to be at "Matterhorn Blitz" ASAP. It has by far the worst capacity in the park and should be done in the very first minutes after park opening.

After that go direct to the "Schweizer Bobbahn" which is close and should be empty so early as well.

From there, especially if the weather will be hot: go counter-clockwise and do the water stuff first (Poseidon, Pegasus, *, Atlantica).

Do Wodan and Blue Fire in the back of the park until the big crowd arrives there around noon.

Walk back counter-clockwise via "Alpenexpress Enzian" and Arthur (skip if very long queues) and * .

Make sure to be near the entrance (Eurosat and Silver Star) between 13:00 and 16:00 when there is the least people. SilverStar queue might look big, but moves very fast, the capacity is astounding.

After that do whatever is missing and be at Woodan and Blue Fire again in the last hour before closing where the queues will be short.

* Euro-Mir will be on your way several times, do it whenever the queue is short but skip for the moment if you want to get to another area quickly.

You might save some time if you do Arthur in the early morning as well, but you might want to watch the 4D cinema film first.

PS: Europapark has an app which shows the queue times for the rides.

PPS: Don't forget the shows and other stuff at the park.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd generally agree with flotus's recommendations. However, after Matterhorn Blitz and Schweizer Bobbahn, I'd recommend going to Euro-Mir and hitting that once or twice before then heading to Wodan, then Blue Fire, and leaving the water rides until later in the afternoon. Euro-Mir seems to attract quite a line that can go a little slowly and sticks around all day once it's built up.

I visited Europa Park last May 25th (Sunday) and 26th (Monday) and had a great time. The crowds were fairly manageable when we were there, particularly on the Sunday, and we got everything we considered a "must-do," done on day one, including some re-rides. There's a ton to see and do at the park though, so the second day let us explore some of the smaller rides and re-ride our favourites a bunch more. The longest we waited would have been about an hour or so (Wodan, Monday afternoon).

Other thoughts:

1) The food at Europa Park is really good. You may have had recommendations to go to Food Loop, which is very popular and had a line the entire time we were there, from fairly early morning until late afternoon. If you're only on park for one day however and want to make the most of your time, the counter service options are very good too. There's a place where they make pizzas fresh for you that's good and fast around the Italian area of the park.

2) Beer is only slightly more expensive in the park than soft drinks (I think about 2.70 EUR compared to 2.50 EUR). It's served in fairly small (half pint or so) cups you can wander around with, and all counter service places serve it. My partner and I had quite a fun time refreshing ourselves with a beer whilst walking between areas of the park.

3) If you have time, you could explore some of the park's other hotels. You can freely wander into and around them all and can have dinner in any of them, regardless if you stay there or at any of the park's other hotels. The dinner buffets are worth the money, even the more expensive ones.

4) Have a great time!