TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

SOON! VERY SOON! IT WILL BE OPEN!

Unfortunately, it's looking like it's gonna be more like mid-April before Cannibal will actually open, as they haven't begun testing, heck, they haven't even attatched the last piece yet! But they are aiming for next week, which to me indicates they are kind of dragging their feet, but hopefully they will be able to get 100% of the themeing done.

Make sure you both tell that to the Teenage Girl and Little Boy that were Seated Alone in the Back Seat of Roller Coaster and Puff who Died and to the Manager that had to walk up to Puff to see a Little Boy's Brains all over the place. If you were in their shoes, you'd do the same thing!

And how having someone next to you would have prevented it? See what happened on New Texas Giant.

It will only stick a horrendous picture in the head of the witness - yet I don't always carefully watch for my pal when riding a coaster.

I mean, all Ferris Wheel Manufacturers now have a "No Single Rider" Policy

Perhaps in the US, but here in Europe you certainly can ride them alone. I rode the two Ferris Wheel at Liseberg on my own (one has closed gondola cabins, but the other one is open-air), and nobody said something.

Make sure you both tell that to the Teenage Girl and Little Boy that were Seated Alone in the Back Seat of Roller Coaster and Puff who Died and to the Manager that had to walk up to Puff to see a Little Boy's Brains all over the place. If you were in their shoes, you'd do the same thing!

And how having someone next to you would have prevented it? See what happened on New Texas Giant.

It will only stick a horrendous picture in the head of the witness - yet I don't always carefully watch for my pal when riding a coaster.

I mean, all Ferris Wheel Manufacturers now have a "No Single Rider" Policy

Perhaps in the US, but here in Europe you certainly can ride them alone. I rode the two Ferris Wheel at Liseberg on my own (one has closed gondola cabins, but the other one is open-air), and nobody said something.

I just tend not to argue with the recommendations made by arguably THE Top Safety Consultant in the Industry, especially when he's on Lagoon's Payroll. Working for a Park Like Lagoon in Management, and at other Parks, kind of forces you to Look at things Differently than those who simply ride. Not many people have had to walk up to a ride to literally see Brains all over the Concrete or someone laying on Concrete in a Pool of Blood. Fortunately, I've only seen the later, but I have heard the first person account of the former. It's also not about preventing what may happen, but so there is a witness to what transpired. To this day, it is still unknown if the girl in the back row of Roller Coaster stood up and fell out accidentally or if it was perhaps suicide. Either way, Lagoon modified the Lapbars on Puff and Replaced the Buzz Bars on Roller Coaster with Individual Lapbars on Roller Coaster the Next Season. Again, when you talk to people who were there and the park owners, it's pretty clear of the lengths they will go to to hopefully prevent a repeat of what tragically happened.

So i've just been informed by SuperDude123 from LIF that the very last piece of track has been connected, and that they are shooting for 1:00pm tomorrow afternoon for the first test run! Stay tuned for possible images and /or a video.

I bet the park will put some kind of images/video on their facebook page. They can't really keep the trains under wraps any longer if they're testing them.

I think Cannibal is going to be the sleeper hit of 2015. Even though it isn't getting that much attention outside of the enthuaiast community, it looks like it will deliver a thrilling experience, and the GP will love it. Too bad I won't be going to Utah anytime soon .

Based on that video, this definitely looks like it will be a pretty good ride. Cannibal is certainly one of the travel-worthy 2015 coasters and if the ride gets good reception Lagoon is going to become a must visit enthusiast destination.

This is my idea for a promotional video for Cannibal: "Deep within the jungle . . . It waits . . . *scary jungle music* . . . Waiting for it's next prey . . . *scary jungle music* . . . Once you enter . . . *scary jungle music* . . . There's no going back . . . *screaming* . . . CANNIBAL . . . YOU CAN NEVER SCREAM TWICE!

Based on that video, this definitely looks like it will be a pretty good ride. Cannibal is certainly one of the travel-worthy 2015 coasters and if the ride gets good reception Lagoon is going to become a must visit enthusiast destination.

I agree, I can't wait to see everything this ride has to offer!

HERE. IT. IS. Courtesy of JordanM. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks amazingly fast considering every coaster goes slower on the first ever test run. I can't wait to see a close-up of the trains a POV!

Well, Lagoon did say that the trains at full capacity would reach up to 70 mph

Is anyone else wondering how they tested so fast after construction? Or did I click the wrong page by accident?

Well the towers has been tested over and over ever since it was stacked and it didn't take them long to wire up the brakes and torque bolts.