Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby linearinduction » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:12 am

KingRCT3 wrote:
linearinduction wrote:Make sure you both tell that to the Teenage Girl and Little Boy that were Seated Alone in the Back Seat of Roller Coaster and Puff who Died and to the Manager that had to walk up to Puff to see a Little Boy's Brains all over the place. If you were in their shoes, you'd do the same thing!

And how having someone next to you would have prevented it? See what happened on New Texas Giant.
It will only stick a horrendous picture in the head of the witness - yet I don't always carefully watch for my pal when riding a coaster.

linearinduction wrote:I mean, all Ferris Wheel Manufacturers now have a "No Single Rider" Policy

Perhaps in the US, but here in Europe you certainly can ride them alone. I rode the two Ferris Wheel at Liseberg on my own (one has closed gondola cabins, but the other one is open-air), and nobody said something.
I just tend not to argue with the recommendations made by arguably THE Top Safety Consultant in the Industry, especially when he's on Lagoon's Payroll. ;) Working for a Park Like Lagoon in Management, and at other Parks, kind of forces you to Look at things Differently than those who simply ride. Not many people have had to walk up to a ride to literally see Brains all over the Concrete or someone laying on Concrete in a Pool of Blood. Fortunately, I've only seen the later, but I have heard the first person account of the former. It's also not about preventing what may happen, but so there is a witness to what transpired. To this day, it is still unknown if the girl in the back row of Roller Coaster stood up and fell out accidentally or if it was perhaps suicide. Either way, Lagoon modified the Lapbars on Puff and Replaced the Buzz Bars on Roller Coaster with Individual Lapbars on Roller Coaster the Next Season. Again, when you talk to people who were there and the park owners, it's pretty clear of the lengths they will go to to hopefully prevent a repeat of what tragically happened.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby cOAstERdUDe117 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:23 pm

So i've just been informed by SuperDude123 from LIF that the very last piece of track has been connected, and that they are shooting for 1:00pm tomorrow afternoon for the first test run! Stay tuned for possible images and /or a video.
Come check out our new forum for all things amusement in the Intermountain West!
www.coastutah.com/forum

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Jetstar2 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:17 pm

cOAstERdUDe117 wrote:So i've just been informed by SuperDude123 from LIF that the very last piece of track has been connected, and that they are shooting for 1:00pm tomorrow afternoon for the first test run! Stay tuned for possible images and /or a video.

I bet the park will put some kind of images/video on their facebook page. They can't really keep the trains under wraps any longer if they're testing them.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby cOAstERdUDe117 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:07 pm

GUYS. They did it! Only 2 pictures, and both kind of blurry, but we get our first glimpse at the trains for CANNIBAL!!!!!!!!! Courtesy of jonskinny12 and JordanM from LIF. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: VIDEO ON THE WAY SHORTLY!!
Cannibal 2015 136.jpg
Cannibal 2015 137.jpg
Come check out our new forum for all things amusement in the Intermountain West!
www.coastutah.com/forum

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:11 pm

My body is ready
Is this a trick question?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby cOAstERdUDe117 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:42 pm

HERE. IT. IS. Courtesy of JordanM. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.coastutah.com/forum

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:14 pm

I think Cannibal is going to be the sleeper hit of 2015. Even though it isn't getting that much attention outside of the enthuaiast community, it looks like it will deliver a thrilling experience, and the GP will love it. Too bad I won't be going to Utah anytime soon :?r.
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BugEyed » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Maaaaan, that looks so good. Can't wait. Just cannot wait.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:41 pm

The hangtime is going to be insane!
Is this a trick question?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Based on that video, this definitely looks like it will be a pretty good ride. Cannibal is certainly one of the travel-worthy 2015 coasters and if the ride gets good reception Lagoon is going to become a must visit enthusiast destination.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: Boulder Dash, El Toro, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Lightning Racer
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!