TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A flight to PortAventura.

RCT3Bross

Hey,

Me and my girlfriend are planning to hop on a plane over 3 weeks and fly to Spain to visit PortAventura for a day. Well the thing is it's for us both a first time going to Spain. So I thought and ask for some tips here on TPR, try to keep in mind that we have free entree to the park. So let's get stared:

1: Can anybody who has ever visit the park by plane tell me how to prepare properly? Like when I arrive at Bracalona Airport (that is what we plan at least) wich serves is the best to get to the park (bus, train, taxi), off-course we would like to use the same transportation to get back to the Airport in time.

2: Place to sleep: Would people advise me to stay at the park hotel or would you recommend me to sleep somewhere els?

3: Crowds: Would you guys expect it to be busy the weekend of April 4th? If so any tips on wich ride we should go on first to skip large crowds.

If these could be answered I would be thankful.

A little question on the side line:

4: This might sound strange with me being a coaster enthusiastic, But I try to keep the kiddy coasters out of my credit list, I've been wondering for a while now but Tomahawk, would you guys say it's a Family coaster suitable for kids or a bigger form of a Kiddy coasters? I've been watching onrides of it for a long time and I'm not really sure. Like I said strange question, it's just that I believe Kiddy coasters are for the younger generations, hence why I ask.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. We've always had a private car or bus when attending the park so I can't help there.

2. Absolutely stay on site. They have fabulous resorts and you'll get benefits staying there.

3. You're going during Easter which is usually pretty busy. Buy the skip the line passes offered and have a much better day.

4. I would consider it a family coaster, not a kiddie.

1. Go by train, take the train from the airport station to Barca's main train station and then take the train to Salou/Port Aventura. It should figure itself out when you get there.

2. This doesn't really matter, i only stayed in Salou itself. But i could stay at a resort hotel the next time. Just look for a good hotel with a good price that you are willing to pay for your stay.

3. I can see it getting pretty busy here for Easter. But on the other hand Salou is not really that close to a big city, and most visitors are tourist in the summer

4. Family coaster!

Just to add one more voice

1. I took the train from Barcelona- it stops right across the street from the resort, it was very easy.

2. As Elissa said, the onsite hotels are fabulous. I went a few years ago and stayed in the Western themed hotel, and back then the hotel stay included park tickets, one-time front of the line access for some rides and free breakfast. I'd check that it's still the case, but keep that in mind. The breakfast was amazing (5 years later and I still remember the heavenly fresh churros and hot chocolate). I have no idea where Salou is in relation to the park (it seemed like it was middle of nowhere) but you can't beat being able to walk to the park!

4. Tomahawk is family- it's kind of interesting onride trying to distinguish it from Stampida. (And if ever it's not big enough for you there's no harm in not counting it after you ride ^_^ )

About the transport: as mentioned the train is easy and stops right next to the park plus you can buy a train ticket + park tickets for 45 euros which is the same you pay just to enter the place meaning the train is basically free. Here.

Thanks for al the information. About the train, some questions.

1: Will the station be a easy find? I mean PortAventura's site talks so easy about it, is it as easy as it sounds?

2: rcjp: Thanks for the tip, but I already have free entrance to the park. So a normal ticket Is it cheaper? (I can't navigate myself through al the information well enough)

3: Now do I obtain tickets? (I like to be well informed about this).

4: Can I buy tickets for other day's? If not has Solau and PortAventura train station easy ticket access? (going to be there at least 3 day's (arrival, visit and return) hence Why I ask)

5: The train times? (kind off have a hard time figuring that out, any help would be welcome.)

Thanks for helping me this far already, Planning has taken of really hard now thanks to it.

For train tickets use: http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/

Works just as the dutch system, use Barcelona Sants as the station in Barcelona. This is the main station, and just use Port Aventura. if you want to know how to get from the Port Aventura station to the park look it up on google maps. But from what i remember it's very easy to find. You arrive at the station so you know where to leave when going back

I've been to Spain several times having relatives in Barcelona from my mom's side, and every time I've been to Spain since Port Aventura has been open I've done a day trip there. From BCN Airport it will take you two trains to get to Port Aventura. One very short train from the Aeroport station to Barcelona Sants (the one and only stop) and a train from Barna Sants to Port Aventura (which has its own station separate from the town of Salou's station). The Aeroport station is located by the older Terminal 2 and you will probably be flying into the newer Terminal 1, so you will have to take the free airport shuttle bus to the older terminal. All the signs at the airport and most of the signs in the train stations are in three languages (Catalan, Spanish, and English) and are highly visible so they are easy to spot. At the Aeroport train station they have automated machines in several different languages to buy tickets that except Euros and pin based credit cards. I'm not sure if they sell tickets to other destinations or just to Barcelona Sants (the main train hub for the city).

From Sants there are trains to all parts of Spain and to other countries as well. There both automated machines and tellers to buy tickets. The younger tellers usually know some English. You'll see banners advertising the park ticket + train ride (round trip) to Port Aventura all over Sants for a few Euros more than the regular park admission. You can also just buy the train ticket to Port Aventura as both a one way (ida) and a round trip (ida y vuelta). Specify Port Aventura (not Salou) which is one station before Salou.

The train ride to PA is slightly over an hour depending on how many stops it has. You can request a timetable schedule for PA trains at one of the counters at the Sants station. There are 7-8AM trains that will get you to the park right before opening. If you are going back to Barcelona the same day the last train is usually at 9-10PM depending on the time of the year and often before park closing so you will miss the nightly fireworks (as I have every time I've gone there). I haven't stayed on site at PA but I walked through one of the hotels once and it was very nice, like Disney and Universal quality (PA was once a part of Universal parks by the way). The Port Aventura train station is right in front of the PA resort and there is a wide, obvious path that leads right to the park entrance. Many people will be getting off at the Port Aventura station (for some trains it's the end of the line) so you can just follow them into the park.

On Tomahawk, I would consider it more of a family woodie then a kiddie woodie. It packs a bit of a punch for a junior woodie, although the seats can be a tight squeeze for taller and larger guests. In the old days, you had to be under a certain height or with a child under a certain height to ride Tomahawk, but now they let anyone ride it. Have fun at Port Aventura!