Photo TR: First Time to Orlando! WDW, Universal, Busch, More

Bonus Update! 24th March: Tangled Toilets Tuesday!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Photo TR: First Time to Orlando! WDW, Universal, Busch,

Postby robbalvey » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:01 pm

cfc wrote:I thought all first-time Epcot visitors were required to take in Ellen's Energy Adventure due to Florida state law. You may be an international fugitive! ;)

We nearly did it several times, but every time there just ended up being some excuse why we couldn't. Next time...for SURE!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:12 pm

^Great now I can't ever come back to Orlando due to fear of having to do that or Tom trying to make me experience Hall of Presidents again!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Ellen is coming for you!

Postby StealthFan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:42 am

Next up was my final new park of the trip, Animal Kingdom. All I knew about Animal Kingdom before my visit was Expedition Everest was there, I literally knew nothing else. That being said as I discovered there actually isn't much else there anyway but I will elaborate on that later on. Now on to the pictures!

AMK_001.jpg
Welcome to Disney's Zoo is pretty much what this should say.

AMK_002.jpg
First stop was of course Expedition Everest.

AMK_003.JPG
Damn the track is out, ride over! No wait, what that? Is it bird on a stick? Nope he was broken........

AMK_004.JPG
I took so many pictures like this that no one has ever taken before EVER! Im so freaking creative and amazing its unbelievable.........

Okay so Expedition Everest is a REALLY good ride and as per usual has fantastic theming. I don't know what the Yeti was like when he worked but I thought disco Yeti was awesome! The biggest problem with this ride is very simple and its the fact that its in Animal Kingdom. It is without doubt the STAR attraction of the park but it really is in its own league there, there was nothing even close to the level of this attraction on park which is such a shame.

AMK_005.JPG
Would you trust me with the time? Apparently Disney would!

AMK_006.JPG
Not our dino!

So Dinosaur was really dumb but awesome at the same time. For a ride that must be at least 70% darkness its a lot of fun with the god awful commentary.

AMK_007.JPG
This is an instant look of fear once she realised me and Robb were in the truck!

AMK_008.JPG
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO DUMB! ARGH!

AMK_009.jpg
This is a Giraffe, his name is Jolly Tall!

AMK_010.JPG
RHINO BUTT!

AMK_011.jpg
Ewwwww they are naked!

AMK_012.jpg
This is the best name for a pizza restaurant ever!

AMK_013.JPG
And this is what you will end up doing after eating the pizza. You will create your very own Turd Frog!

AMK_014.JPG
If you don't fancy pizza you can always have something off the bird menu!

So after the safari we were pretty much done with Animal Kingdom. Honestly I wasn't overly impressed with Animal Kingdom. To me it really didn't seem like there was a lot to do at the park and we were pretty much done in 2 and half hour. 45 mins of that was queueing for the safari! Im sure if you wanted to do everything at the park you could spend a decent amount of time there but I don't think even if you wanted to it would be possible to spend an entire day at the park. Hopefully Avatar Land will help with that some what and the park will continue to grow, but until that point I will say Animal Kingdom was my least favourite of the Disney parks. It is still better than 74.6% of other parks though!

After Animal Kingdom we had a bit of rest then we took a trip back to Magic Kingdom!

AMK_015.jpg
"I hear those things are awfully loud! It glides as softly as a cloud!"

AMK_016.jpg
It is impossible to not have a smile on your face when you see this view.

AMK_017.jpg
Do you think Mickey gets his fan mail via e-mail now?

AMK_018.JPG
So we did go and meet talking Mickey and it really was very un nerving. There was something really off putting about it and I can't quite put my finger on what it was. Oh yeah its probably the fact HE WAS TALKING!

AMK_020.JPG
After experiencing the progression of meet and greets it made sense to next experience the Carousel of Progress!

AMK_021.JPG
And apparently in the future your Grandma will kick your arse at video games!

AMK_022.jpg
I could build a SPACESHIP!

AMK_023.JPG
Do you prefer the blue tunnel or the red tunnel?

AMK_024.jpg
I have been on the Paris version of Pirates pre Jack Sparrow and now this version with Jack Sparrow. I prefer the original. Thats all I need to say on the matter really.

AMK_025.jpg
Yes this happened in my pants when I met Elsa!

AMK_026.jpg
Don't you just love entering something pink!

AMK_027.jpg
Im sorry but Ariel in Once Upon a Time is WAY hotter!

AMK_028.jpg
Who wants a big Ursula hug?

AMK_029.JPG
OMG Ariel gets naked a Disney World!

AMK_030.jpg
Hi Ho, Hi Ho its off to ride we go!

AMK_031.JPG
What do you mean you gave Ursula a hug but not me?

So I LOVED Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Not only is it a great ride but it is stunning to look at. The mountain is a thing of beauty and the first time I walked up to it I didn't even realise it was a ride I thought it was just an amazing piece of landscaping! The swinging feature on the train is amazing because the ride doesn't even need it but it really does add to the experience more than you would think. I will say to anyone who wants to ride make sure you FP+ this ride though because even though they pump trains through it gets big queues and to be honest they are well deserved because its a great ride!

AMK_032.JPG
Check me out I got knighted in America! Is it because I'm English?

AMK_033.JPG
Belle was STUNNING! When she walked out the door I'm pretty sure I needed to pick my jaw up from the floor!

AMK_034.JPG
Please please don't tell Elsa about this!

AMK_035.jpg
I had to take a trip to Tangled Toilets after meeting Belle to wash the shame I felt after betraying Elsa!

AMK_036.JPG
"On guard touché!" "Oh that is so cliche!"

AMK_037.jpg
Strecchhhhyyyyyyyy!

AMK_038.jpg
This scene actually brought back a lot of memories from my childhood! Not because id ever been on the ride before but because something very similar to this was in Wicked Witches Haunt at Thorpe Park!

AMK_039.jpg
"Why have a ballroom with no balls?"

AMK_041.jpg
Everyone love fireworks don't they!

AMK_042.jpg
And Disney know this cause holy crap did they launch a lot of them!

AMK_043.jpg
I had never personally seen anything close to the amount of fireworks Disney lets off. It is truly impressive to see in person!

AMK_044.JPG
This is Robb, Me and Tom in front of Big Thunder Mountain earlier in the day when we rode.

AMK_045.JPG
Doesn't the ride look so innocent!

AMK_046.JPG
Well we thought so, so why not put 3 people in a row, that will be fine right?

AMK_047.JPG
Maybe not! (Tom seems to enjoy this man bonding experience more than me and Robb!)

AMK_048.jpg
Another successfully Disney day complete which included stunning woman and man bonding. Is that common theme for a Disney day?

So yet again I had an amazing day at Disney and I saw a turd frog! Not something I ever expected to say happened in my life! Sadly this day signalled the beginning of the end of my Orlando adventure so the next update will cover my last days in America so stay tuned to see what mayhem I could cause before I left!
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:07 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:56 am

Everest aside, Animal Kingdom's biggest asset is its scenic beauty. It also has Yak and Yeti. That being said, we didn't visit it when I was there last February, and that was OK with me.

I have yet to do the "talking MIckey" meet and greet. Maybe next time. And how much will you pay me not to rat you out to Elsa? ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:34 am

Great pictures! Every update from you is making me more and more excited for my return trip to Orlando in May. Love the fact that you mention Elsa three times despite not having anything Frozen related in this update. Oh and I'm sorry, but I will sooooo have to tell Elsa about your affair with Belle so that I can have her for my own... ;)

I agree that Animal Kingdom needs more things to do. We spent probably 3/4 of a day at the park, but we did everything at a relaxing pace, we watched "Festival of the Lion King", we did the safari and we had dinner at the amazing Yak & Yeti restaurant. Oh, and Everest broke down while we were in line for our first ride so we had to come back later to ride. That also added some time to our visit. We also spent some time just strolling around looking at the various animal. It sure is a stunningly beautiful park, and I'm excited to see how the new Avatarland will turn out.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby andybarnes84 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Loving the honesty in your reports Craig, a few months after coming back I keep getting memory loss and think Orlando is the best place on earth, like Lourdes for us TPR'ers, but reading your experiences reminds me that it's maybe not all great but with quite a "great" price tag, still astounded after all these years at just how little things have changed at WDW in comparison to Universal.

Postby StealthFan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:06 pm

^Well heres the thing its not like I'm purposely trying to be negative because I had an absolutely fantastic time in Orlando and would love to go back, but I personally believe that there is no such thing as the perfect park and when reviewing a park its always good to focus on both the good and bad parts of your experience. I will sum up over all what I thought in the next update but the point still stands that all Disney parks are better than almost every other park I've been too.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby andybarnes84 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Absolutely, it's just refreshing to have both sides of the coin for once, with no fluff :cool:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:25 pm

StealthFan wrote:...but I personally believe that there is no such thing as the perfect park...

Uh, Tokyo Disney Sea? ;)

Great TR of your first time trip to WDW and Orlando, Craig.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!