TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I'll be there tommrow hope they will be open

I'm sure it will be, it's just supposed to be cold as balls. I've decided not to go down, as it's about half the rides that doesn't start to run until it's not below 60 it seems.

Thanks for the awesome photos and info. I love how close and unobstructed the views will be for Batman. I do think this will be very successful and I hope that they will pop up at a lot more Six Flags parks around the country. Seems like a really fun ride that doesn’t take a lot of space and I’m sure Six Flags would love to advertise all the inversions. Great report!

I forgot one thing...looks like the swing ride "Whirligig" was moved and there is a new flat in its place. Anyone know more about these 2 rides? Where this came from and where Whirligig will go? I forgot to ask.

I could be wrong but isn't that what a waveswinger (Whirligig) looks like while in rehab?

SFFT covers it in a tarp I'm assuming.

Awesome photo's btw! Thanks for sharing.

I forgot one thing...looks like the swing ride "Whirligig" was moved and there is a new flat in its place. Anyone know more about these 2 rides? Where this came from and where Whirligig will go? I forgot to ask.

they haven't announced anything new.

is it possible we're just seeing a re-theming here?

that COULD just be the new topper being worked on. .similar to this:

and they've just tossed a tarp over it.

My best take away from the tour was the fact that they can customize the ride how they want to increase or decrease flipping, placement of flipping, quickness of flipping (by increasing or decreasing the magnet width) etc.

This seems very exciting to me. Perhaps we will see Six Flags change the configuration or placement of the flips in the future to add diversity to the ride experience. That is some pretty cool engineering that S&S has come up with.

*Edit: Removed a word for proper grammar.

Edited by josephcissell

I could be wrong but isn't that what a waveswinger (Whirligig) looks like while in rehab?

SFFT covers it in a tarp I'm assuming.

I have absolutely no idea! That is probably all it is.

Here's some interesting Customer Service.

since it's my "local" park, and I'm always getting surveys from them, I simply emailed them this morning to ask about Whirligig: is it moving? getting re-themed?

and they just called me (from San Antonio), and assured me the ride is not moving, nor getting replaced, and that it's just in the middle of ride-maintenance and will be back up and running soon.

so mystery solved (even tho the topper sticking out from under the tarp looks different than the German themed Whirligig does. . . so I'm betting a slight re-theme is involved here).

Interesting that they called me tho. . .

Just got an email from Jeffrey at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. This is what he said:

Someone at the bottom of the update asked about our Wave Swinger called Whirligig. It is in the same spot. We were waiting for parts to return to the park from Winter rehab. The ride should be back up and running by this weekend!

Hope that answers it!

Wow how awesome of them to do that. I can't imagine Magic Mountain ever calling a customer like that.

Fiesta Texas seems to have a one of the better upper-management teams in chain.

I was surprised as hell they called me too!

I felt comfortable asking, since they send me so many email surveys, and they always say to just email back if I have any questions or comments.

(and Robb, I did not in any way, shape, or form imply or say anything about Theme Park review. . only that I saw a picture of the ride covered up on it's slab and that the Fiesta Texas website showed it as not-operating, so asked status, as it's one of the rides we really like in the park)

^S:KC does not disappoint! Hands down my favorite B&M Floorless.

I've heard good things about this ride, too--not to mention Iron Rattler.

I'm curious to see what S&S does with the "Zacspin" type ride. I really liked Insane at Grona Lund (which surprised me).

^S:KC does not disappoint! Hands down my favorite B&M Floorless.

I've heard good things about this ride, too--not to mention Iron Rattler.

I'm curious to see what S&S does with the "Zacspin" type ride. I really liked Insane at Grona Lund (which surprised me).

Poltergeist is a don't miss too. . and the Road Runner Express at Fiesta really chuggs along fast!