TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

American Horror Story

Mater

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I love this season so far. There has already been so many twists that I wasn't expecting and I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm really curious to find out all of Dandys back story.

ok, having now seen episode 3?

yeah. . the show's not working.

Too many ideas, that just are not jelling (or just falling completely flat).

there's some sparks there in a couple of storylines (the body sellers is a good idea -- tho the humongous (? at least implied humongous) penis is there for NO STORYTELLING reason at all I can think of other than giggles). . and they did a great job investing me in Ethyl's storyline (with her son. . tho not so much Dell).

but just too much is NOT working (the clown/killer storyline is a joke with the spoiled rich kid, Dell being impotent has left Angela Bassett nothing to do, the Cops were complicit in the murder of the Geek yet no retaliation from the Freakshow (to the point of LobsterBoy letting himself get bullied by a cop). . . .nevermind the twins who despite Sarah Paulson's best efforts, just aren't that interesting (or believable).

I'll give it a few more episodes, as the Cinematography is fantastic, and most of the actors are knocking it out of the park (in particular Kathy Bates, and Jessica Lange).

but yeah. . it needs a central storyline, and quickly, if it wants to retain my interest.

That's basically how every season has gone. They have a bunch of different sub story lines happening at once which end up in the end resulting into one major story line. Once and a while they will focus on one or two people in the show, but right when you think you know is going to happen, they switch it up on you. For example when Twisty was the chosen freak.

This is one of those shows that you really need to focus on every single little detail, if you don't, you'll most likely miss something important pertaining to that person or to someone else.

I'm glad you're starting to enjoy the show!

• 2 weeks later...

We thought this week's episode was great.

So much stuff between Elsa and the twins.

And the stuff between Del and.... that was a bit crazy, but we still enjoyed it.

And that ending! I knew it might eventually happen, but still...

We are happy with what we've seen, (so far) of this season.

EDIT to add: About that tattoo job. We had to suspend total disbelief, that the

person getting that tat had to be totally out, with drugs or something. No tattooing

(like that one, especially) is that "unfelt," lol.

• 2 months later...

wow. .did THAT go off the rails.

crap ending to the worst season of the show thus far (almost nothing "Horror" about it).

at least it DID give us the best episode of the show *ever* -- the "Pepper" origin episode.

but other than that one? what a mess.. ideas picked up and dropped (sometimes in the same episode), police that stopped looking for the escaped convict that supposedly killed a house full of Tupperware party ladies, Elsa getting to spend eternity with the freaks she "loved" (yet killed one herself, sold the show to someone who killed another freak, and then RE-SOLD the show to another who killed the rest of the freaks).

yeah.

a mess.

Ryan Murphy should submit the idea for the season, then step away and let others write.

on the + side, Glee has been good since it's return.

• 1 month later...

So, the new edition of AHS will be...

American Horror Story: Hotel

With one of it's newest actors in it..... Lady Gaga???

Truth! There's a quick little trailer about it, and there she is!

This should definitely be interesting, for now. Debuts in the fall, I believe.

^ No word on that, yet. All I know is they put her name and photo in the first teaser ad

for the season, so who knows? Could be a "walk on" for a couple of episodes like NPH did.

Or maybe the entire season.

We'll all find out, eventually.

• 1 year later...

We love this new season of AHS: My Roanoke Nightmare!

TOTAL SPOILER ALERT

It started out as a reality television thing, with actors portraying the real people.

Then they bring everybody together at The House were It All Happened.

Great cast. Lots of shocks. Intense definitely, when the blood gets spilled!