TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Walking Dead

gisco

. . but Rick and co are going to find a place to stop and settle before we meet the next bad guy. .and it's a pretty good bet whom it is, since Kirkman has said we're about to have a gay character show up. . and that's GOT to be Jesus, a scout from a community that I'll put $$ on that they'll end the year joining with.

I brainfarted here. .I meant Aaron, and typed Jesus (I mixed up the two gay (and awesome) characters from the comic in my head)).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little confused by this weeks episode, Why didn't they just send a couple people back with Aaron instead of the whole group?

I think in the TV universe, they've adopted an attitude of all together or nothing (Aaron quoted Glenn's line about surviving TOGETHER).. so I think that's why the "vote" to go check out Alexandria.

I was very pleasantly surprised to have Aaron plant one on Eric right away and have that be the deciding factor for most of the group that Aaron is a good person. I figured they were gonna hold off on the revelation he's gay until later in the episodes, and then just casually have him introduce Eric to "our" characters.

I enjoyed the episode very much. . LOL, tho the scenes for next week really do spoil how the "interview" is gonna go next week.

spoiler. . . .

it shows Rick looking at empty houses (meaning they are accepted and welcomed to pick out any house they want to stay in).

But so far there are no signs of any people. Is it to hold the suspense that they are or are not in a safe place?

It may not be a spoiler, they may be still walking into the settlement passing the empty houses. Aaron did say the one thing they lacked was people.

I'm expecting these guys to be good. They haven't had much luck lately and need to settle down for a while. Plus rick needs to shave!

Edit so I don't double post. I liked last nights episode! Looks like they will be taking control of the place.

Edited by gisco

I like where this is going. The struggle between people that have remained civilized versus the Survivors should be very interesting to watch. I kind of want Rick to turn bad, and his last line of the episode got me pretty excited for the next few episodes.

Only three episodes left! On the bright side, the new prequel series staged in LA will be out the end of Summer

I just read that last night myself. Pretty stoked for a Prequel series. Hopefully it will give us much more insight to how everything went down. We really just get thrown into it in the comic book series and in the television show.

But I have this feeling that Darryl isn't going to make it out of this season alive. I feel like they are setting him up for his end. But we will see how it all plays out. Needless to say, I am very stoked. They say the season finale will be an hour and a half??

Only three episodes left! On the bright side, the new prequel series staged in LA will be out the end of Summer

I just read that last night myself. Pretty stoked for a Prequel series. Hopefully it will give us much more insight to how everything went down. We really just get thrown into it in the comic book series and in the television show.

But I have this feeling that Darryl isn't going to make it out of this season alive. I feel like they are setting him up for his end. But we will see how it all plays out. Needless to say, I am very stoked. They say the season finale will be an hour and a half??

There is ZERO chance that Darryl isn't going to make it out of the season. He's the most popular non-comic character on the show.

I do have concerns for a couple of others tho. . . in particular, a character who was put in place of another in the comic, but now seems to be getting replaced as well. We shall see.

On the plus side, I'm hearing rumblings that we *won't* be seeing Negan until the end of next season, and that the bad guys we're going to encounter are

spoiler space

"the wolves"

which of course has me slapping my head in stupidity, since there was a phrase spray painted on Noah's community saying "the wolves are coming" and then Darryl pointed out the "W" carved in a walker's head.

so yeah. . . the antagonists were right there in front of us, even if we haven't seen em yet

"the wolves"

which of course has me slapping my head in stupidity, since there was a phrase spray painted on Noah's community saying "the wolves are coming" and then Darryl pointed out the "W" carved in a walker's head.

I thought they were called..."The Whisperers?"

But I havent caught up in the comics yet.

"the wolves"

I thought they were called..."The Whisperers?"

But I havent caught up in the comics yet.

The Whisperers are the current threat in the comic (and we still don't know their whole story yet).

the Wolves (AkA the Scavengers) are folks in the comics that are turned away from Alexandria (remember, you have to be invited in). . and in the comics at least. . .

spoiler space .....

they attack the city, but Rick's group (which had recently been accepted into the community) makes quick work of them. . which is why I didnt' remember them right off the bat. Dunno if that's the way the battle will go in the TV show, as they seem to be much more coordinated here. . but spoiler space just in case

Holeeeee crap on a stick.

two super gory deaths (one a clear homage to "Day of the Dead". .I was half expecting the character to shriek "Choke on em!"

easily could have been the finale, so can't wait to see where they go!

^Tell me about it, they were pretty gruesome!

I hope traitor Gabriel is the next one to go. Rick's group is the reason why he's still alive and in that safe haven in the first place and he wants to go behind their backs like that.

well, crap. . . after last night's set up episode for the finale?

the character I'm most concerned for now is Glenn.

(I still think either Carol or Sasha are in trouble too). . but Glenn basically threatened Nathanial (is that his name?). . and then they showed that HE'S the one who swiped Rick's hidden gun.

also factor in that. . .

spoiler space

more spoiler space. . .

even more spoiler space. . .

Glenn is dead in the comics? and I'm very concerned for his well being

Wow, Maybe Rick's group will be on the verge of being thrown out when the W''s show up and they save the day?

There was a scene on the Talking Dead showing Carol threatening the Dr. next week. Holding a knife to his throat and telling him she could kill him. She is a bad ass.

Ok, the season finale was good. Now we have a long wait until next season. At least there is the prequel series starting in late Summer and Game of Thrones starts in a couple weeks again.

So Morgan is back and with some impressive ninja skills.

I'm wondering if Glenn was bitten?

that was an awful lot of walkers around/on him, and he had been shot and beaten up.

Since you said earlier that Glenn dies in the comics .........

I'm wondering if Glenn was bitten?

that was an awful lot of walkers around/on him, and he had been shot and beaten up.

Since you said earlier that Glenn dies in the comics .........

yeah. . but there are a bunch of characters dead in the comics who are still alive on the TV show (no spoilers unless you want them .

but i do wonder if he was bitten and that will be a reveal early in the new season?