TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

It'll interesting too see how this compares to intamin's version in practice, as on paper it looks really good.

I'm curious as well, since people complain so much about Green Lantern (which I personally love and always have a great time on, despite a little soreness afterwards)

It'll ride much better according to Alan Schilke, and he does make a point: On the Intamin version, the pivot point is behind your back, which means the rotations throw you outward, and that s very uncomfortable. On the Free Spin, the center of rotation is a little toward you. Such as the heartline, it'll make the spins more fluid and comfortable.

...I'm curious as well, since people complain so much about Green Lantern in SFMM (which I personally love and always have a great time on, despite a little soreness afterwards)

Fixed. The one in Grona Lund didn't seem to suffer these complaints, IMhO. And I loved it!

(Pardon for the sidebar...)

R_06GronaLundINSANEertMorning.jpg.402879152b91f444b8ebaa26bb545bda.jpg

In Grona Lund - INSANE. The better of the two? (TPR 2009 Scandi Tour)

More construction pics from the SFFT Facebook page. Looks like some huge footers.

Chadster mentioned back in December that vertical construction would take about a month so looks like Batman will be fully erect by mid to late March depending on when it starts going up.

image.thumb.jpg.07880ef70f61bb19a218bf2e9789e011.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d23b712e0f20c5f9d18581a009184132.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f62a511df62c88bdbebe4bf45539e7d2.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.041dd387b6337ae5afd4b4fc5aa6e7bd.jpg