WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 185 - Rise of the Resistance Full POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkey eat mullet pump.

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby OrlandoGuy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:40 am

KBrylczyk wrote:Anxiously awaiting all of the psychos to freak out about this like Maelstrom's closing. It'll be fun to watch!

I can't lie, though, I'm sad and happy about this. I was a tour guide back in 2009 and love that ride to death. I got blown up or shot at (cowboys or gangsters scene) so many times and each time was awesome. I've got a ton of excellent memories from that ride! I'm super excited that it's getting the upgrades! I'm just sad that, most likely, all of the really cool, old-fashioned stuff will be changed. Like the Alien section that scared the everloving crap out of me every morning or night when I had to do a walkthrough. Yeah, those animatronics don't shut down. Neither do the CO2 bursts. We had to walk through, alone, every morning and night, and I always thought I was going to be eaten in that room.

Can't wait to see what they bring!

Couldn't agree more (even though I was never a tour guide). I loved this ride more than anyone, my favorite Disney dark ride of all time. It's extremely nostalgic. BUT, even I recognize that it needs an update (even though its old quirkiness was part of the charm). Im happy to see it get the attention it needs, and I could not be happier with the TCM pairing...when I first heard of this I thought it would be updated with current Disney movies and kill the original spirit of the ride. But TCM is a perfect fit.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 am

So, it sounds like updates to the ride will be done in the winter and at least for 2015 will be open the whole summer season? Sounds like it'll be upgraded piece by piece for the next few years and this year coming up is basically changing the video at the end and making a pre-show holding area?

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:14 pm

It will be great to see a little bit of a refresh for the ride. The really need to update some of the ride scenes themselves too.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby window » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:50 pm

TCM have launched an official website for their sponsorship of the Great Movie Ride. I think it's fantastic to see a sponsor actually promoting an attraction they're involved with.

http://www.tcm.com/disney/ride.html

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:20 pm

What's funny is the thing that needs the biggest upgrade is actually one of the most modern things in the ride. The Wicked Witch. I can't remember exactly when that animatronic was put in but it's the newest animatronic in the attraction and it breaks (read - explodes) ALL THE TIME! I couldn't tell you how many times she came out of the ground spewing green hydraulic fluid all over the set, my tram, and the guests. Pretty traumatic for the kids seeing this green witch spurting green liquid that looks like her blood all over the place.

On second thought, let's leave it alone. That was so awesome when it happened.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

This is terrific news. TCM does great work keeping the old time greats alive. This new partnership will bring much needed new life into this attraction and park.

It's also about the closest thing to the return of Vault Disney I think we're ever going to see. I'll for sure have the DVR set for the Treasure from the Disney Vault days!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:16 pm

The iconic "Sorcerer Mickey" hat will be removed from Disney's Hollywood Studios starting on January 7th. The popular icon has now been at the park longer than it hasn't. While many people prefer the "classic" look of the Chinese Theater, some of us will miss having a cool icon to take a photo in front of. Makes you wonder what other changes are coming next for the park!

Photo by Jack Crouse.
dhs_sorcerer mickey hat_smaller.jpg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:39 pm

I never thought the hat was "bad" per se, I just wasn't a fan of its location. I actually wouldn't mind if they plopped it somewhere else at the resort, because it really is a very "Disney" photo op for families.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:43 pm

I am not sure why there is so much hate over the hat. In my opinion, I think it's kinda cool and will miss it.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:04 pm

I have always thought the hat looked kinda cool in pictures, but I have to be honest and say that during my visit in September I didn't really notice the hat due to the stage being located right in front of it. I do think a relocation could be a good decision, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!