TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Agreed - It's really faded. Didn't they paint part of it this summer, though?

They painted parts of the station and signs. The coaster still needs a major paint job. Doubt it will happen this year.

Do you think they'll retheme Poltergeist to Joker's Jinx now that the area will become Gotham City?

They are keeping Rockville area. The only thing changing is one of the buildings will now be the movie theater where Batman parents died. An odd choice for theming.

Speaking of the ride, SFFT posted this photo of construction. Anyone else curious as to why they are keeping the old Motorama station?

image.thumb.jpg.641570f0a83469c2999e11aabf21550a.jpg

Well awhile back. they would not re theme Superman Krypton Coaster as Bizarro, also I think a New Paint Job would be really perfect, and the ride is not in bad shape, Poltergeist as Joker, I wouldn't like it cause I really like that way the colors on it now, and the Station inside, and Pandemonium as Joker, I would care if they did, but I kind of doubt if they would ever change it (maybe because of the long gone Joker's Revenge now as Jester SBNO at Six Flags New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina!) also there's still Tony Hawk theming inside where the ride is located, but in my own mind if they build a coaster like Shambhala at Port Aventura, or Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg over Superman Krypton Coaster as Bizarro, or Green Lantern, I would really love that!

You never know when Six Flags would retheme a ride to something related to a DC Comic book character. I only made that question about Pandemonium getting rethemed as "The Joker" because of its location being where the Joker's Revenge coaster was located hence the que line being in a building that was the Joker's funhouse. Then when Joker's Revenge was sent to Six Flags New Orleans, the building was used as a Fright Fest haunted house until Tony Hawk's Big Spin/Pandemonium came in and also Six Flags Mexico has the former Tony Hawk's Big Spin/Pandemonium from SFDK that was rethemed as "The Joker".

^

Well, this is Six Flags we're talking about, so no surprise to me.

On the bright side, I really think this ride will be loads of fun. Yeah, it's not the most unique coaster concept, but it will be quite thrilling, that's for sure. If it is successful, I hope we can see more S&S Free Fly coasters pop up at other parks.

Batman could easily be assembled within a month considering it has a compact footprint and isn't that long. Thunderbird weaves through the forest, and being B&M's first launch coaster, I'm sure they'll want to test it for a while.

And there's also the fact that I'm guessing their target opening day is Memorial Day (this is Six Flags, of course), while Holiday World's is late April or early May, I can't

remember.