Photo TR: China Theme Parks By Public Transport.

The weird and wonderful Tokyo Owl Cafe
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Re: Photo TR: China Theme Parks By Public Transport.

Postby rcjp » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Gutterflower wrote:And it was. The worst jolt of the whole ride.

Oh, I see it. :angry:
thumb_img_8187__copy_.jpg
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Yes, that SLC was awful. And I remember somebody's cell phone (?) flying out and down into the grass, when we were there in 2012. Fun time. Also, the "Western Town" looks as bland now, as it did back then. I expected they'd have added more themeing to it by now, but obviously not. And at that time (it's opening season, yes?) several of us figured the park wouldn't last another season with the way everything looked unfinished, etc. But, I am glad it's still running, and only hope it gets it's act together and just improve everything there, more and more.

Thanks for the look at it, and Youth Center.

p.s. Stomach King Rules! :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:06 am

I'm just amazed that Victory Kingdom is still open.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:19 am

^I assume most of the parks like Victory Kingdom are not making anywhere near a profit. Sad to see the park looks IDENTICAL to when we visited it over two years ago!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:20 am

Great TR! These parks look actually pretty nice.

We call Victory Kingdom Fiasco Kingdom because it is always a ghost town. Meanwhile their U-Shaped Coaster costs the price of an admission ticket to do a circle. They can start planning to sell their rides to other parks.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:20 am

SharkTums wrote:^I assume most of the parks like Victory Kingdom are not making anywhere near a profit. Sad to see the park looks IDENTICAL to when we visited it over two years ago!

At least they got the spinning mouse running. ;)
Last edited by cfc on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:21 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby flex » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:24 am

Haha ! Seems like every china trip has it's "closed for random reason" coaster ... It was Extreme Rusher for me, but i was able to try the U-Shaped a few days after it's opening, and it's a brillant ride, very powerful and comfortable.

Once again, thank you for the (fast) updates, can't wait to read more.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:32 am

Today was the day I'd head out of Beijing for the last time and head south. I had tickets on an early morning bullet train from Beijing West Station to the city of Zhengzhou.

Beijing West Station is an incredible structure. It's absolutely huge. It's really easy to navigate and having read my train number off the big airport style board I wandered down to my waiting area and took a seat.

IMAG0918 (Copy).jpg
The main arch of the station is HUGE

IMAG0919 (Copy).jpg
A panorama just about manages to show the scale.

As this was the last day of the national holiday I'd had problems getting a ticket sorted. They all sold out incredibly fast. Thankfully I managed to get one of the few remaining Business class seats on an early train and although it cost a fair bit extra over the standard 1st of 2nd class seating it was a very nice trip. I even got to sleep in my fully reclining chair.

IMAG0917 (Copy).jpg
I wish all trains told the speed. This got up to around 320km/h

IMAG0922 (Copy).jpg
So comfy

The train travels to Zhengzhou East (Not Zhengzhou Main) station which is a bit out of the way. But Zhengzhou has just opened its first metro line which runs from East to West and links the two main train stations. Zhengzhou is a fairly new city and was basically built because its on the cross roads between the east west line to Xi'an and the north south line between Guangzhou and Beijing. The city is in China's industrial heartland and as such suffers really badly from air pollution.

And I mean REALLY badly. I've been to a fair few smoggy cities but this was by far the worst.

IMAG0923 (Copy).jpg
The view that greeted me at the exit to Zhengzhou East station.

Once I'd caught the Metro to my hotel I got a taxi down to the Century Amusement Park on the South Side of the city. It is really easy to get the Bus in Zhengzhou. The bus system is actually awesome. Every bus stop has a massive map showing exactly where each bus goes and where it's come from so you can easily plan your route. Best of all its 1yuan wherever you want to go (about 10c)

They even have an express bus system which uses its own lanes and you pay on the platforms which are found in the middle of the road, (accessed via crossings) These are even better as once you are on the system for 1 yuan you can get off and on as many buses within the system as you like. You only have to repay once you leave the platforms.

Anyway I arrived at Century Amusement Park to a mad crowd outside the gates. I quickly bought my ticket ($20) from a ticket window and went to the join the queue. Only to be ushered through an express gate to one side.

CAP is an odd park and the ticketing is very strange. I didn't realise it until later though. I found the queue for the knock off SLC was over 3 hours. (YEAH 3 HOURS). I was about to say sod this and go ride something else when a nice (and cute) Chinese student came over and explained the ticketing system. You can either enter the park for a small fee and buy ride tickets separately like you do in Sun Park OR you can buy a park ticket like I did.

Now if you buy individual ride tickets you have to join the main queue. Just like the poor guys waiting 3 hours for an SLC. BUT if you have a park ticket you can walk up to the ride exit and get on straight away. Best of all it appears you can buy one park ticket and use it with multiple people. So once you get off the ride you hand it to another person in your group and they get on next.

Now to me this makes no sense. But I'm super glad I didn't have to wait 3 hours for a fairly awful ride.

Anyway I waffle. Onto the rest of the park.
IMG_8238 (Copy).JPG
After walking in the park the first view you have is this.
IMG_8239 (Copy).JPG
The themeing in the park is a mad jumble of things. This must be Egypt
IMG_8241 (Copy).JPG
This is the main ride here. And the parks newest coaster.
IMG_8242 (Copy).JPG
The famous immelmann isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
IMG_8243 (Copy).JPG
It looks a lot better than some photos made it seem.
IMG_8244 (Copy).JPG
The parks other main coaster. Mysteriously called the Old Gold Mine Roller Coaster. Also the queue for the new 3D cinema was huge.
IMG_8246 (Copy).JPG
This SLC is built by Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing.
IMG_8247 (Copy).JPG
A company who would probably be better off building almost anything else.
IMG_8253 (Copy).JPG
The ride is called Suspended Looping Coaster Over Water, despite not actually being over any water at all.
IMG_8255 (Copy).JPG
To be fair the ride rode no worse that the SBL one in Beijing.
IMG_8277 (Copy).JPG
One enterprising man was selling big water pistols next to the splash battle ride
IMG_8278 (Copy).JPG
The kids were loving it and the people on ride were getting a drenching
IMG_8279 (Copy).JPG
Surprise Surprise its a spinning mouse.
IMG_8282 (Copy).JPG
Every park worth it's salt has one of these now too
IMG_8283 (Copy).JPG
There's some nice themeing on a ride by ride basis but its very random
IMG_8284 (Copy).JPG
The queue for this was over 3 hours.
IMG_8285 (Copy).JPG
Thankfully it was explained to me that my park ticket allowed me to walk up to the exit and get on straight away.
IMG_8286 (Copy).JPG
Not sure 3 hours is ever worth it for an SLC
IMG_8288 (Copy).JPG
The lift hill makes an interesting sound.
IMG_8290 (Copy).JPG
This bit was reasonably OK
IMG_8292 (Copy).JPG
The massive cushions on the OSTR's tell you all you need to know about the rides smoothness.
IMG_8297 (Copy).JPG
The ride, like the others, is crawling by this point
IMG_8300 (Copy).JPG
The helix is pretty rough.
IMG_8301 (Copy).JPG
The next victims take their chances.
IMG_8305 (Copy).JPG
I quite like the colour scheme on the ride though.
IMG_8309 (Copy).JPG
These are taken painfully slowly.
IMG_8310 (Copy).JPG
Another shot of the lovely OSTR's :p
IMG_8311 (Copy).JPG
My favourite bit was the shopping trolley's used to place your bags.
IMG_8312 (Copy).JPG
The on ride photo involved a man taking a picture of the people in the front row while in the station.
IMG_8325 (Copy).JPG
You survived.
IMG_8326 (Copy).JPG
I assume there is actually meant to be water under here.
IMG_8327 (Copy).JPG
I forgot how many pictures I took of this thing
IMG_8263 (Copy).JPG
The double roll in all its painful glory.
IMG_8264 (Copy).JPG
You can walk around almost the entire ride.
IMG_8266 (Copy).JPG
This just looks painful
IMG_8267 (Copy).JPG
Ready, set, go.
IMG_8271 (Copy).JPG
This bit IS over water at least.
IMG_8328 (Copy).JPG
Now for a look at the parks other major coaster.
IMG_8329 (Copy).JPG
The oddly named Old Gold Mine Roller Coaster.
IMG_8333 (Copy).JPG
A Japanese built looping coaster from Sameco. Similar if not identical to the Meisho loopers found at places such as Seoul Land.
IMG_8336 (Copy).JPG
Pretty rough ride but its tolerable.
IMG_8337 (Copy).JPG
Threading the loop.
IMG_8339 (Copy).JPG
The park has a bit of a Train theme going on. Located right next to the railway tracks you can watch the Bullet trains as they head out of Zhengzhou from the east side of the park.
IMG_8340 (Copy).JPG
The park has an extensive and very nice garden section.
IMG_8341 (Copy).JPG
The shot tower near the entrance.
IMG_8343 (Copy).JPG
Another of the parks many trains. This one occasionally fired off some steam
IMG_8344 (Copy).JPG
No idea... I waited about 20mins while having a drink for a UFO... no such luck.
IMG_8347 (Copy).JPG
This huge tower is just near the park. I didn't get a chance to go up but it looks cool. Next up Fantawild Zhengzhou

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:54 am

Wow that is the most extreme padding I've ever seen on any sort of ride restraints. Looks like it's much needed though. Love following this TR, looking forward to the next update. :)

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Oh dear lord. That ride looks like one of the worst. I wish I could see the 3+ hour line for that! Haha and people are still smiling when getting on the ride!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!